1. T

My gear shift indicator is off.

Here is an JPEG of the PDF file
  2. T

Glad it helped. :)
  3. T

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32332363/2007%20Explorer%20Trans%20selector%20cable%20adjustment.pdf I placed it in my public dropbox.
  4. T

2006 4L V6 whine noise from engine

Update: With no visible signs of anything wrong and a impending family issue, I decided to take it to the dealership. Of course, the whine was not there and they could not recreated it. I told them to keep it over night and maybe in the morning you will hear it. Yes, they did hear it in the...
  5. T

07 Navigation Radio Black Screen

I had another issue so I took my Ex to the dealership an had them look at the radio while it was there. It looks like fuse 41 under the hood blew and took the radio with it. Looked at a bunch of aftermarket ones and was not satisfied with the options. Jeez the boot times of the aftermarkets are...
  6. T

Thanks guys. Tech, I'll look into that but I don't know if that is the case for the 2006 and newer models. The noise is more of a constant whine than a squeak-squeak.
  7. T

Since the tensioner in this case looks more like a slide than a pulley, what would be causing the noise? It there supposed to be lubricant in there? If this is indeed the issue and there are no moving pulleys, it would seem to be more of an annoyance. Do you know of a ball park number they...
  8. T

Front drivers seat

I have a 2006 limited. I have 2 buttons, one for each side. It does take a while to heat up but after 20 minutes you should have felt something. I would say it's is not working.
  9. T

I noticed a high pitched whine coming from my wife's 06 Explorer. I was thinking it was a pulley or something to that effect. It is there when the car is not moving and even when it is. However, I pulled off the drive belt and it still makes that noise so that ruled out the pulleys and devices...
  10. T

07 Navigation Radio Black Screen

Sounds like I have the same problem. Let me know if you find a fix.
  11. T

shift drive selector indicator

All I can say is the PDF works on my 2006 Explorer Limited. It should work for whatever models are in the same generation. Other models may be similar since the problems are similar.
  12. T

Here is a PDF for the repair. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32332363/2007%20Explorer%20Trans%20selector%20cable%20adjustment.pdf
  13. T

2006 Explorer rear window heater/defrost

Hey Matt, Worked well. Since it was a while ago, I can't remember the details. I will say it was not too difficult. BTW I grew up in Denmark WI just south of Green Bay. Glad I'm not dealing with the winter y'all (translation you guys) are having. We are having major ice problems down here...
  14. T

Indicators on the floor in 2006 The fix the problem with the center console indicator you need to go under the vehicle. On the driver side of the transmission there is a small silver box. The is the connection between the shifter and the tranny. Peel back the soft metal heat shield and pry...
  15. T

Fixed it Thanks Town, that did the trick. This is the fix for the floor mounted shift indicator of a 2006+ Explorer. On the driver's side of the transmission under the vehicle is a lever attached to the shift cable. It has a soft aluminum cover on a stainless steel cover. If you pull...
  16. T

Thanks Town. Can you post the PDF here for all or send it to me.
  17. T

Still need help!!!! :mad:OK I took the center console apart and could not find anything that would adjust the indicator. Actually quite the opposite. The gear indicator and the shift lever appear to be attached and don't look like they can be separated. The shift lever and the indicator are...
  18. T

hey did you ever get this fixed? My wife just did the same thing. I have a 06 explorer limited with the shift and indicator on the floor.
  19. T

Shifter on the floor not on the steering column? While I was out of town my wife parked on a hill and could not get the shift lever to move out of Park. She yanked on it hard enough to get it to move. Don't get me started on that. However, the indicator is now one off. I have a 06...
  20. T

Loss of high end power (06 Explorer 4.0 limited)

Don't have time to mess with this right now so I took it over to my trusted mechanic. It seems the Fan clutch/sensor needs to be replaced and there is a Ford software update that fixes some of the cooling issues, gauges, etc. Also the lower thermostat housing is seeping and needs to be...
  21. T

don't see any leaking fluids. It does sound like the fan kicks into high speed though.
  22. T

Just came back from a long trip and towards the end when almost home, I noticed my 06 Explorer 4.0, started making a blower noise and had less power at higher RPMs. The noise reminds my of a diesel turbo blower sound Like my F250 7.3L diesel). Got it home and realized the MPG dropped by 2.5...
  23. T

Are you testing the voltage between part of the grid and another part of the vehicle for ground (bare latch)?
  24. T

New(to me) 2006 Explorer Limited 4x4

@Sams01 - not yet, it's pretty plain and all stock @lynchy - Thanks, that seemed to work. I had to press the brake pretty hard but it did show on the dash it went into 4x4 low. It's amazing to me that being in Park doesn't work. Tackled the rear defroster on Saturday, it seems the...
  25. T

Fixed mine. I found the connection tab on the passenger side broke loose from the grid. I found a Permatex product that has conductive adhesive that will glue it back on. Soldering was not possible due to the tab being encased in plastic and all the plastic parts around it.
Back