Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

DVD Headrests / What Brand is Ford's factory unit

Just got the correct ones installed. Man what a difference. They actually look like they were supposed to be in that vehicle. The other ones the dealer had installed didn't look right and didn't support your head at all. Thanks to this site, I was able to get it fixed. Got the LT series with...
  2. N

DVD Headrests / What Brand is Ford's factory unit

When I got my 2011 LTD, the dealer installed what I thought were the correct DVD Headrests. Turns out they were not. I got Audiovox headrests, and although they work well as DVD players, they do not support your head. Not angled correctly. The dealer has been trying to get the correct ones...
  3. N

DVD Headrest and other options questions

Does anyone actually have the invision brand DVD's installed in their explorer. I would like to get some more feedback on what they look like and how they compare (support wise) to the Factory Headrests.
  4. N

Ok, so am i the only one who actually has them in an explorer right now? My problem isn't the price or how they play movies. I am concerned because they do not support the head the way the factory (non dvd) headrests do. To me that is a huge issue. The dealer said they area going to order...
  5. N

1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead

Just Picked up my car from the dealer. They replaced the sync module. Actually they replaced the mft screen as well. Came as a unit. Works perfectly now. Hope it lasts. K-Rod. Did you dealer figure it out yet. Tell him to order the new module. It will fix it.
  6. N

What brand is the headrest. The dealer installed audiovox headrests in my 2011 limited. I don't like them as they do not support your head as well as the regular headrests. Ok so they play a movie. A lot if good that is when you get rear ended and have whiplash. I'm wondering if these are the...
  7. N

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Have a limited, no tow package, and have the optimo tires. I live in florida so snow is not much of a problem. Works great so far.
  8. N

My Ford touch + iphone (or ipod)

I too have used my iphone with the MFT and like K-Rod, I too have a dead MFT screen now. Coincidence????? Maybe. I am very happy with the way it connects: 1. Get in the car (phone connects via blue-tooth instantly) 2. Press voice command and say "Blue-tooth audio, play" and bang your...
  9. N

2011 Navigation Prolbems

I find the navigation works pretty well. The screen is a little slow to respond, but no slower for nav than any other feature on the touch screen. I actually find the voice commands much better, once you know what to say (there is a list of commands it understands). I find that I use the...
  10. N

Just got word from the dealer that it is a faulty Sync module. They were able to determine power was going into the module but was not going any further. New one ordered today. They said they had this same issue on an MKZ recently as well and the new module solved the issue there. Wanna bet...
  11. N

I just started another thread right behind you. I am having the same exact problem with my 2011 Limited MFT/Sync. Just went black on day 4 of owning the vehicle. I pulled fuse 29 and it was fine. When I put it back in, I heard a hard drive spinning but still no screen. Going to the dealer...
  12. N

Ford Touch / Sync not working

Have had my beautiful 2011 Limited Explorer 301-A spec for about 4 days now. Today my wife got in and started the car to find the My Ford Touch / Sync screen was black. In the heads up display to the right of the speedometer, all the functions associated with the sync: radio, navigation, phone...
  13. N

Blind Spot Info System

Its really nice. I just picked up our 2011 Limited 301-a. I did not ask for this feature, but the vehicle we found already had it. It works well, its a little orange dot on the outside mirrors that lights up when a vehicle is in the blind spot. Not sure if I would order it for 400.00, but...
Back