Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How To: Eliminate Cold-Start Valve in 5R55W/S Valve-Body for Full Trans-Cooler Flow

According to Pat Barrett of Level 10 Performance Transmission Hamburg, New Jersey in Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords article. Cold-start valve failure is one of the most popular failing points of the 5R55W/S, there is a special circuit in the valvebody that restricts fluid flow to and from the trans...
  2. T

1st gen front coil springs into 3rd/4th gen ???

Hi every one Is it possible to install 1st gen explorer front coil springs into 3rd/4th egn explorer??? I'm thinking of using onr of the following: Superlift coil springs 4" lift #123 Skyjacker coil springs 4" lift #134 Skyjacker coil springs 6" lift #136
  3. T

Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift

Hi every one I done my lift using a combination of Truxxx leveling kit (strut spacers) #102010 and Rancho QuickLift Loaded Truxxx leveling kit #102010 (Advertised Lift: front 2.5"/Rear 1.25") here are the front spacers and here are the rear spaers Here is the Truxxx installation...
  4. T

AEM’s Brute Force Dryflow™ on KKM TrueRev CAI

today I received the Brute Force Dryflow™ filter #21-2113BF and I replaced the S&B Powerstack air filter that came with KKM TrueRev CAI The Brute Force Dryflow™ media is tough. There is no risk of filter damage during shipping, installation or cleaning. These Dryflow™ filters will retain...
  5. T

How To: Fix ARB Awning on 4th Gen OEM Roof Rack

Hi ever one Here are the photos of the mounts that I made to fix ARB Awning on 4th gen Explorer OEM Roof Rack I fixed the Awning using 2 mounts each mount consists of 2 pieces one is made of 1/8" galvanized sheet and the small one is made of 2/8" steel sheet a...
  6. T

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

For those who suspension-lifted their Explorer, they know that this lifting will cause a high stress upon upper control arm's ball joints. and the ball joints tend to fail so often. Also the lift will cause negative camber at normal ride height To solve all these problems Brandon@BTF-fab from...
  7. T

Help: Upgrading Warn Borg 4412

Hi every one Is there a way to beef up WB4412 transfer case? Stronger clutches? Higher gear ratio? Stronger magnetic coupling? Stronger driving chain? Transfer-case oil cooler? can I swap it (direct bolt on) with gear driven transfer case? (I like the electric shift and computerized...
  8. T

Basic Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills Training Videos

The best videos about Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills Enjoyable Watching :D Camel Trophy Basic Off-Road Driving Techniques and Skills _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 4xForum.com Basic Off-Road Driving Training Videos Tire Pressure and Off Road Vehicles 4x4 Driving: Sand Tracks...
  9. T

How to: Upgrading Brake System

Introduction: for me I never liked the spongy feeling of the brakes in the Explorer. Also, on off-road I really did not like the sound caused by the sand and dirt entering between brake pads and rotor. In addition, I wanted a cooler brake system, in order to improve the Brake Traction Control...
  10. T

Transfer case to Getrag 2011 Mustang ??????

looking forward your succeed, I would like to ask, can you fit a Transfer case to that transmission?
  11. T

How To: Upgrade and Beef-up 5R55W/S Transmissions

After the transmission quit on me after bad abuse, I made a complete overhaul using TCI Ultimate Master Racing Overhaul Kit #579005 and componants in order to make the transmission more capable to handle abuse (That what I thought) Unfortunately the illusion did not last for long. Because...
  12. T

Allaa's 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6

Allaa's Ursula - 2008 Explorer XLT 4WD V6 Welcome to my new Elite registry. My name is Allaa' and this is my Ursula (named by my wife) 2008 Explorer XLT . Bought it Band new for $26133.33USD on Jan-10-2008 equipped with factory skid plate (for the tank), 3rd row seats with axillary A/C, key...
  13. T

Maximum Traction Solution - 4th Gen Differential Tech

Hi every one The main challenge that I had when I went through this project is: What is the type of the front end of the explorer? After asking lots of people and after buying and retuning lots of LDS's (the Shipping and returning charges from USA to Saudi Arabia were killing me) finally I...
Back