Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

I am still a couple hours away. I am not sure where the campsite is. Is there anyway you can explain where everyone is? Stic-o. Sorry to hear about your issues. See you on the next run.
  2. E

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

I’m gonna try to make this. Update on the Navajo. Just finished installing a 455 hp 347 stroker. Pretty much went through the whole truck again. Can’t wait to try it out.
  3. E

New Navajo Truggy build

That's funny. Yea the AC lost its charge over the summer. Time for a new compressor. Trying to get it ready fir the desert season. What shop is yours?
  4. E

Do you still have the 4x4 van conversion parts. I may be interested. Text or call Steve 213 305-0336

Do you still have the 4x4 van conversion parts. I may be interested. Text or call Steve 213 305-0336
  5. E

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

Thanks for the great trip. Thanks to BKennedy for the winch out of the tires at the park and Maniak for saving me from sliding off the ridge. Thanks Froader for a great pic. Hope you don't mind me using it for my avatar.
  6. E

V8 swap help needed

This is the most rediculous thing I've heard on this forum. This guy must have bow tie undies. :thumbdwn:
  7. E

Del Mar Tuff Trucks June 28, 29, 30

Hey guys I just wanted to remind everyone that the Del Mar fair grounds in San Diego will be holding the annual tuff truck races. I ran my rig in this event last year. It was awesome. I just signed up for June 28, 29 for the open class, 30th is for buggy's and street class. Check out the...
  8. E

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

2010 Explorer Limited V8 with Flex 20" wheels I just got done installing these wheels on my wife's Expo. Purchased these wheels new from a guy on CL, OEM Edge or Flex. The tires are Cooper 265/50R20. I did need to get the hub bored out bigger to fit the Explorer. It cost me $180 total for...
  9. E

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

I'm not going to make it. Decided to do another motor swap last minute. I won't be done in time.
  10. E

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

Sounds like fun. I should be able to go
  11. E

New Navajo Truggy build

Yes. The McNeill are there in full force. They endo'd their explorer the first day and crushed the roof. They jacked it back up and raced both days.
  12. E

New Navajo Truggy build

Del Mar fair Tuff Truck compitition Here are some videos of my second run. I'm definitely doing this again next year. it was a blast.
  13. E

New Navajo Truggy build

Update photos I'm racing the Navajo in the Del Mar Fair tuff truck competition on June 28th. I wanted to finish the lights, bumper and hood. I also upgraded the rear shocks to 16" fox 2.5.
  14. E

Time for a ProCharger. Advice welcome.

4.6 Supercharger I would really like to do the same Mod. Hope someone chimes in
  15. E

Truck Haven this weekend (Feb 27-28)

I've been there years ago when it rained. Not fun. I'm canceling.
  16. E

Truck Haven this weekend (Feb 27-28)

My son and I are heading to Truck Haven this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?
  17. E

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

I'm not going to be able to make it after all. Sorry, Maybe next year.
  18. E

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Ill be there. Extreme.
  19. E

King of the Hammers 2015 - Who all is going?

I'll be there. Heading up Wednesday after work.
  20. E

Quick ratio steering box

They are used in off road racing all the time. Unless you have arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger I don't think you're going to break a quickener. Remember they are installed in the steering wheel shaft.
  21. E

Quick ratio steering box

I just installed a steering quickener. It speeds up the steering by 1.5x. I love it.
  22. E

New Navajo Truggy build

http://youtu.be/j2MpaPpoKdo http://youtu.be/j2MpaPpoKdo
  23. E

New Navajo Truggy build

Succesfull first trip My son and I just got back from Glamis over Thanksgiving weekend. This was the first trip out on the V8 swap. The engine ran awesome. We made it up Oldsmobile hill with no problem. Didn't overheat, ping, miss or anything. The ac did however loose its charge the...
  24. E

New Navajo Truggy build

Progress photos Getting closer. I have a few remaining issues. 1. I need to replace my condenser. This is not good news because the AC box was installed BEFORE the engine went in. I'm not sure it can be removed without yanking the engine. Keeping fingers crossed. 2. My engine...
Back