Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Too many conflicting stories. Im just going to wait and see what I get
  2. J

standard parts: xlt vs. limited?

Hey guys. Im looking at the Brochure here: http://bp2.ford.com/services/cars-proxy/BP2/CompareModels/CompareModels_8801EF28-64A4-0C49-C22F-3F87C22F3F87.pdf I am looking at just the standard options on each model. I was checking to see if anyone here can clarify any of these questions...
  3. J

So its confirmed that the limited comes with h426, and not the Ventus? confusing
  4. J

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

How much are you guys planning to spend on an ESP?
  5. J

My Ford touch + iphone (or ipod)

I just dont want to have to stare at my phone in order to change songs and stuff
  6. J

Can you control the playback? If you wanted to pause the iphone/ipod, could you do it from console? or do you have to use the iphone still?
  7. J

Anyone own a Limited that wants to help us out?
  8. J

Haha. This forum is kind of funny. It is as if noone actually owns one of these trucks. Can't someone just go outside and check their tire? Haha. I have no room to speak. I dont have mine yet
  9. J

After market Parts

side note on nav: I think the common person only "really" uses navigation about 3-4 times a year. Probably more like 1-2 times a year. Its great to have. I think it's the type of thing that people could probaby just deal with plugging in an external gps for that 1 family trip. Of course, it...
  10. J

tire replacement for limited

Can any one confirm if 17" wheels can fit on the Limited yet?
  11. J

Thank you. I am very skeptical about all these HORRIBLE comments about the stock 20" tires. I am hoping that the tires are "OKAY".
  12. J

After market Parts

If I were in your position, I would try to become comfortable with what you have for the moment. I dont think any kits of any sort will be coming out any time soon. Moreover, because of the MyFord Touch, I think there will be even less demand for after market kits. I was thinking about this too...
  13. J

After market Parts

I think you will run into huge problems, since there are so many car functions tied into the OEM parts. This is what I experienced in my last car as well. The new cars of today are very hard to modify, compared to the cars of the 2005~ era
  14. J

Okay, found this: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/features/?brand=flm#page=Feature1
  15. J

hmm. Im having trouble finding the pdf
  16. J

Its tough to pin point since there are sooo many features and functions on this thing. I was just reading a thread about how you can hook up your phone to the car and use the car as a wifi spot for your pc. Another thing would be the visual text messaging. Or how you can get it to play your...
  17. J

Anyone have any experience with trying to use an iphone with the myford touch capabilities?
  18. J

Will Recalls/Service Messages affect me?

Here is a question I have for you guys: I have been reading about the fixes, and recalls, and issues, and service messages. I just ordered a vehicle a day ago, week of February 7. If Ford has an official service message, or recall, or whatever, will these things be "fixed" on new vehicles being...
  19. J

Offroad Tires? Max tire Size?

Ya totally. I cant believe no-one has explored this issue yet, with adding bigger tires. (did you get the pun? "noone Explored this issue yet")
  20. J

When should I get an order number?

I ordered on a Monday. I emailed my rep on tuesday night. I got an email of all the info and numbers from my rep this morning(Wednesday)
  21. J

True 4wd? Or awd?

Thanks for the clarification and information. I have decided that I will be referring to this truck as a "4 wheel drive". And I will be referring to it as a "truck". Why, you ask? Because its more fun that way
  22. J

Need help tracking

Hey guys. I Just got the DORA from my rep (I think). I am a bit confused about what exact information I need to have in order to track. Also, if I want it tracked, am I supposed to message "Seni" on these forums? Thank you for any clarification
  23. J

When should I get an order number?

Ya... I accept this. But if you think about it, that is 3 whole months. That is anreally really long time. Takes 9 months to make a baby. You could make 1/3 of a baby in the time it takes for them to get the car to you. It is snowing like crazy here. In 3 months it's going to be spring or...
  24. J

Offroad Tires? Max tire Size?

So I was wondering still, what tire size could fit on this truck. I tried to find the most flat image I could find, and I applied the extra inches to the tires (ignore the rims, they are changing size too). I did the changes mathematically, but you know, its just an incredibly rough example...
Back