Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead

are there any new updates on software?? I have read there in several places and heard rumors there was a new upgrade that really overhauled MFT O/S. Will ford allow an owner to upgrade to the sd nav? (looking for some corporate good will here). I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the SYNC...
  2. J

Ford Touch / Sync not working

REALLY?? DUH.. I should follow the forums more. Sorry for the late post. I will start this process. I just hope i don't screw it up... thanks.
  3. J

I hope an update comes out soon. I REALLY would like the sd navigation due to the fact i have the MFT larger screen and sd card input. The system over the past several months since i posted has be come even MORE increasingly LAGGY!!
  4. J

Known Issues / Special Service Messages for 2011 Explorer

Depending on the type of trailer you purchase the breaking system is actually built in to the trailer. so when you connect your wiring harness the breaking system works with your vehicles breaking system. I believe you can purchase a separate breaking system for your vehicle. I am not sure...
  5. J

Known Issues / Special Service Messages for 2011 Explorer

Towing I am very impressed with the towing capacity of the 2011 Exp XLT. Handles and pulls Exceptionally well!! Here is the boat hooked up to my rig.. :D
  6. J

Cory, Any word on my previous posts? SD Card Navigation? Good Will? Laggyness? Too soon?? :D
  7. J

Thanks Cory for sending that on. I had to have the APM (i think) replaced 3 days after i just took delivery of the Explorer. Now it would be awesome goodwill if they could offer navigation as part of the Major Rewrite and Upgrade of the MFT sync system. As I am also having BT issues as well...
  8. J

Hi Cory, Sorry to butt in, and this is probably the wrong forum thread for this question, but can you tell me if there will be an SD Card based navigation system for ford MYTouch owners? I know one of the requirements is that you would need the 8 inch My Ford touch sync system, The reason i...
  9. J

so far its been pretty good with me ever since i had it repaired. I am waiting for the SD Card based navigation, I am hoping this is becomes a reality soon as my wife wants to get onstar which is in our camaro and works much better with our Mobile phone. Unfortunately with sync services its...
  10. J

'' Well looks like I will be getting back the '11 EXP Xlt today. thats if i can get it out of my wife's hands.. :p: I don't see why not as we have a 2010 Black Camaro that she is letting me drive while we drive a Loaner '10 Taurus (base model UGH):rolleyes: Definitely the APIM, Was hoping...
  11. J

:exporangeThats a Good point KRod... Of course thats going to cost the Dealership money and they will find every way to push the cost back to you. :exp: i may go down that same road.
  12. J

I suffered the APIM issue. My wife wanted to drive the 2011 Explorer, Took it to work got in it to go home and the MS SYNC 8" Myford Mytouch (whatever) Maintenance Screen stayed on with little to no progress. I told her to bring the Explorer straight to the dealership!! Not even a week and My...
  13. J

I noticed something my self same but different. My screen was blank then i saw the Huge MS SYNC splash screen and it said at the bottom performing maintenance. This was kind of funny to me as i only had the truck for about 3 days.. did you see anything like that or is just still a BLACK screen??
  14. J

Our New 2011 Explorer

I know this is late but congratulations. I just bought mine last week. I moved up from a 2010 Ford Edge Sport. However I lost some features I was not happy with. Navigation, Jukebox, Real time Traffic. Searching the forum now to see if the Current Head Unit with My Ford touch and "Sync...
Back