Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. scottfmc

Engine Knock/Rattle - 2020 Explorer ST

It took me 7 weeks to get a new engine. Can you wait that long?
  2. scottfmc

Autostop eliminator

Checked OASIS. Only throws 1 DCT (battery sensor not working). No other known affects on his ride anyway...
  3. scottfmc

Autostop eliminator

Reportedly, if you disconnect the battery sensor on top of the battery (small redish plug-in connector) it will disable the system. Works on my friends Ranger. Haven't tried it yet on mine.
  4. scottfmc

Solved Pre-Collision Assist Not Available - sensor loose in housing

Very timely and helpful! I just had the same issue after lightly bumping a wall in a parking garage. Very small scrape to lower gray nose, but suddenly this issue. You saved me a trip to dealer. Thank you!
  5. scottfmc

Autostop eliminator

Ok. Weird! However, I can't see any reason why plugging anything into that outlet should disable auto-stop start. Seems like all it could do would be to discharge the battery. Any ideas?
  6. scottfmc

Autostop eliminator

Where it is plugged in exactly?
  7. scottfmc

New 2021 engine knock sound

Mine was the same. Initially the knocking stopped after 5-10 min as engine warmed. As weather turned cold, it took longer and longer to go away and knocking was initially louder. I'd had an 2015 Edge Sport with the 2.7 liter V6 that made the same noise, and it turned out to be an issue with the...
  8. scottfmc

Very rough run/inability to idle -> verified not ignition/spark related -> leak-down test on cylinder 6 failed -> scoped the cylinder via plug opening and verified bent valve and scored cylinder.
  9. scottfmc

Get that vehicle into a dealer ASAP. Sounds exactly like my 2021 Platinum did before the engine died completely at 2300 miles (bent valve, scored cylinder). Same behavior. Took 2 months to get fixed/back.
  10. scottfmc

Help, my 2021 Platinum died tonight…

Yeah, that worries me , too. Yesterday I picked up the vehicle at noon and drove it home, but the codes do not appear to have set until I drove it again to dinner. Randomness is not a friend of repairs! :)
  11. scottfmc

Interesting. No effects on driving/stopping that I can tell, but worries me nevertheless. That's what I get for looking. Will be in touch with dealer Monday.
  12. scottfmc

Thanks Peter. I had seen some of that, but not all. Would love to find the connection to the RCM myself and check it.
  13. scottfmc

Well, the vehicle is still throwing codes, BUT WITH NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. What do these mean? Is the vehicle safe to drive? This is pissing me off since the 12/31/2021 instances are while the dealer still had the vehicle and was "checking and rechecking".
  14. scottfmc

First 20 miles no Check Engine Light. Tranny is acting differently, but I suspect it will have to recalibrate. So far so good.
  15. scottfmc

Cause: Started the vehicle & verified the rough running concern notice the fuel level low checked for DTC's foundP2282 P0306 P0305 P0313 had 5 gallons of fuel added to the vehicle prior to road test after due to the P0313 cleared the DTC's & reran the self test after clearing the DTC's the...
  16. scottfmc

Getting vehicle back today. Will report out later.
  17. scottfmc

Ford has already agreed to refund my payments AFTER the repair is done/verified. If not done correctly, I may go down the buy-back path.
  18. scottfmc

Unfortunately no, out of town for Christmas. Not back until this weekend.
  19. scottfmc

So NOW, the new fuel lines had a crack. Had to order new fuel lines from Ford. We're 3 weeks into the engine changeout, No end in sight,
  20. scottfmc

Dealer called me yesterday to say that this was their first such engine change-out for a 2020 or 2021 Explorer and it is going very slowly as they have to document, via pictures, the entire process. Been working on it since Monday the 20th, but do not expect to be done before late next week. 64+...
  21. scottfmc

Engine has arrived, but dealer only has one tech capable (I hope!) of handling the repair. Fingers crossed. Will be next week at best. Will report back.
  22. scottfmc

Got it. Good info for others then. I'm at the front-end of this lease (about my 10th or 11th), so I understand your caution. It'll all be water waaaay under the bridge by lease-end. I was just wondering if you were asserting some sort of issue at lease-end just because this exchange was done. I...
  23. scottfmc

What's your point, Peter? It's a manufacturer's warranty repair. Why should they (Ford Credit) have any issue with it at inspection?
  24. scottfmc

It's a lease, so that issue belongs to Ford. Kind of glad I leased it. I won't have to deal with any issues on resale.
Back