Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. chimoman

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

They'll spin. Just like a did. LMAO Read it. Not upgradeable with USB. Must be done by blah blah blah. OUT.
  2. chimoman

I'm Done

Dudes, I'm done with Ford and will not be coming on here anymore. I have to say it was a good bit of fun. Sad part is I really loved this vehicle. Now, after the way I have been treated and the total disappointment from the service I have recieved from Ford Customer Support. In particular, the...
  3. chimoman

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Fight Fight Fight Fight. Yaaaaaahhhhh. Fight. Why don't you guys take this anger out on the Ford people. They are the liars and cheats and incompetent ***** here. By the way Newport.The reason you have to take it to the dealers is so they can see if it is going to overheat. Has nothing to do...
  4. chimoman

CNET car tech shows off the new MFT interface.

That's not even the half of it. Wait and see. Can we go back to the old version? I would much prefer that to this pile of crap. Yes it's faster, when it's not crashing with the Black Screen of Death or Freezing up.. Good Lord give me strength. I'm comin weezy I'm comin. Edit: Junk. Almost...
  5. chimoman

300,000 Wasted Gallons?

They let them run. Appparently they are checking the cooling fans when doing the update. Someone on the Ford Explorer facebook page said the Service Bulletin said to run the fans during the update. They think this is the only reason people with build dates before 1 April were asked to bring...
  6. chimoman

Freshly Installed MyFord Touch - MFT Performance Upgrade

Ford lies I don't think they will. I didn't go to the dealer, like you I have an older model that was supposed to go to the dealer to be updated. I didn't and I also have the unknown caller popping up. No wind noise. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE DEALER SO THEY CAN HOOK YOU UP TO THEIR SITE...
  7. chimoman

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Did you go back to your dealer and ask them to do the install? As I understand it they didn't go to the PTS site to check your vehicle. You may be missing something in the hardware dept that was put on later models. ????? Edit: I made the above comments as I was told by a Ford Employee that...
  8. chimoman

Homelink or Car2U for 2013 Ford Explorer models

My 302A came with a door opener which I programmed. To be honest, I didn't even know I was getting it when I bought it. Didn't know there was a choice.
  9. chimoman

Service bulletin anyone?

What would be most beneficial is if someone could get a hold of the TSB sent to ford for the vehicles that need to go to the dealership. I don't have the ability to do that anymore. It's killing me. Maybe I'll go pay for it on a site. I know it needs a reflash because my SA told me so. Someone...
  10. chimoman

MyFord Touch kinks examined by Detroit Free Press Auto Critic Mark Phelan

THE DUDE IS BACK. FORD HIRED HIM THIS TIME. I'M NOT SO SURE THOUGH WITH HIS ENDING STATEMENT Mark Phelan: Do-it-yourself software upgrade makes MyFord Touch better on Ford vehicles...
  11. chimoman

No, I am going next week to have it done. Mine is working great as well, except for a couple of times. It just started going wacky. Then rebooted. Froze up. The other day it said I had two versions of one usb I had plugged in. Did a master reset and it has worked great ever since. I'm going to...
  12. chimoman

Hey, Just got off the phone with the syncmyride people. They asked me to call them to clarify some stuff. I explained to the gentleman on the phone that the only thing I wanted to know was why I had to take my explorer to the dealer. I told him I didn't care about the SD card or anything else...
  13. chimoman

Have slight wind noise on passenger side, not pillar rattle

ColnagoRider, If it's a whistle you're hearing then you have to have them pop the windshield and reseal itt. If its a buzzing noise than it's the A pillars. Once they pop the windshield it's never the same. Good luck.
  14. chimoman

It wasn't a recall. I guess if you press them hard enough they'll do anything for a sale. After you buy it, well... that's a different story
  15. chimoman

The A pillars don't whistle. It's a vibration that sounds like theres a be stuck under them. The whistle is something completely different.
  16. chimoman

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

Call the Pentagon..... You probably won't see them until the middle of next week. Just go to your dealer. The IVT team said if you can't wait go in and the dealer will update your system for you. Everybody call up your dealer and make an appointment. Doesn't matter if you go in and get it or...
  17. chimoman

Dealer Installed MFT Update

Well, they change their story again. So far it' gone like this 1. Mail two month ago. You'll be getting a USB and a Nav Card in the coming weeks. Oh I'm elated. This is great news 2. MFT is released on syncmyride... Yes..... Wait.... go to your dealer for an update. WTF 3. Dealer. Sorry...
  18. chimoman

Kodiak Brown Photo

http://www.ford.ca/app/en/fo/vehicle/explorer.html GO TO 360 VIEW AND CLICK ON YOUR COLOR. ENJOY
  19. chimoman

Will I regret this?

Get rid of the apple product. It's like kryptonite to the Micro Soft base MFT. It's not just Ford that has problems with the IPOD. Chev and other systems have problems with it. Apple plays well with other Apples. Try to get it to play with a ( Humor inject for all the bashing ford is taking)...
  20. chimoman

I Want To Believe. I hope to jeebus it's this reason. I want to believe. HOPEFULLY THIS WON'T BE THE EVOLUTION OF MYFORD TOUCH
  21. chimoman

Point of Note. Those who have actually reported going to the dealer and getting it done say it is working great. Minus Snowbird. The first attempt went awry because of calibration issues. Dealer fixed and now Snowbird says its working excellent
  22. chimoman

For those that have to bring it to the dealer make sure they understand that they have to reflash the system. Point out the note to dealer on the sheet from syncmyride. Otherwise they will just probably through a thumb drive in it. This is why I want info from Cory or Rebeca. I don't think its...
  23. chimoman

It wasn't done at the dealer. If you read it he took the thumb drive home and installed himself. He did not have the system reflashed. This is just more confirmation that the early builds will have problems if the upgrade is done with a self install. Software from the Ford PTS site is required...
Back