Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

2011 "herky jerky" ghost shifting, 117k miles

Was this ever fixed/resolved? My 2011 is doing the same thing. It’s definitely the transmission trying to decide between 6th and 5th gear very unsmoothly. I know this because if I shift it manually, it doesn’t happen.
  2. V

Rearview Camera Problems

Just had mine replaced at the stealer...$760 all in, amazing rip off! At least I got a 2 yr warranty.
  3. V

AM Radio - any connection to roof fix???

FM reception is ok, but not as good as in past vehicles. How do you check it? Does it just unscrew?
  4. V

AM Radio - any connection to roof fix???

I never took mine to the dealer, but the AM radio reception still sucks. Don't think the antenna is hooked up, because my Sirius never worked well either. I complained to Sirius and they said they had amazing coverage in Atlanta, ga so it had to be my radio. Same with AM, one of our stations...
  5. V

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

Hats off to those that posted to remove USB cables, that fixed the problem for me! The weird thing is that neither of the two cables I had plugged in draw any power, they are just standard iPod cables. And without the iPod attached, there should be no power draw.:scratch:
  6. V

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

I had a dead battery a day ago, never got the low battery message. Brand new Die Hard Gold battery installed, NOW I am getting the low battery/shutting off system message. Owners manual says that the BMS sometimes takes 8 hrs to reset, but it sat for longer than that overnight and I still...
  7. V

Battery Life

Have you done any mods to the vehicle like adding a trailer hitch? I have a friend who had a hitch installed and they messed up the wiring which drained two batteries befor they found it.
  8. V

Upgrade your Explorer from Non-Nav to Nav MFT

Can you make my factory nav actually work? That would be a neat trick that seems to have evaded ford engineering for 4 years now.
  9. V

mft v3.5.1 dst?

Yes, you're right. I'm disappointed that there has not been any updates in two years. The functionality is still not up to par, especially the factory nav, but they act like they've done enough just to get it to not crash every 3 days.
  10. V

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

Since so many of us have this problem with no solution in over 3 years, I am surprised there is no class action suit brewing. Surely there is some lawyer out there that can get ford to listen... And NO, I do not agree that disconnecting the battery is an acceptable fix!
  11. V

Ambient Lighting Problems

My warranty is now expired, is this something the dealer will do at no charge?
  12. V

I do appreciate you trying to help, but honestly having to disconnect the battery to make something work is a failure of engineering in my book. AND it does not work anyway; my battery died three weeks ago and so it had to be disconnected and removed. Driving away from the sears I still...
  13. V

I would estimate that 80% of the time I have been in the ex, the red x was displayed. Yet much of that time the gps does appear to function. I have gone into diagnostic mode and best I can guess is when you see 4 or less satellites, you get a red x. I have a hand held garmin that locates...
  14. V

Battery Life

As a follow up, my factory battery dropped dead at almost exactly 36 months, 35k miles. The ford engineer in charge of obsolescence surely has earned a bonus for design that fails precisely at the end of the warranty. If you have not experienced a battery failure yet in the ex, it is quite...
  15. V

Yes, sure I have done all that many times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's flaky, which is the most frustrating aspect.
  16. V

2011 explorer with all the updates and latest TSB for reprogram of GPS...have always had periodic issues with GPS. The battery died a few days ago, had it replaced, so it was disconnected in the process. Have had terrible GPS function since. The system is just plain flaky. IMO Ford still...
  17. V

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

I'm actually upset with this, because as has been said, there will now be no incentive to improve the system we have. :thumbdwn:
  18. V

Does this apply to all ex's?
  19. V

I've never changed my tires and have had plenty of trouble with the gps.
  20. V

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Yes, I did get mine working again with the iPhone 4. So, it's just plain flaky. Now have 5s and it works with it as well.
  21. V

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

I have to admit that mine has stopped working as well, Apple must have pushed something without letting anyone know that it was being installed. Too strange that everyone's has suddenly stopped working.
  22. V

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Don't get a lot of text msg, while driving, but one did pop up yesterday, so it does work non stop for me. I have all the updates to both mft and iOS, but running a iPhone 4, maybe that has something to do with it.
  23. V

GPS Connection Delays

I cannot access the document in the link, it says "access denied"; Can you post the link again or the TSB number? Thanks.
  24. V

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Yeah, not too jazzed on Apple map products. :thumbdwn:
  25. V

Ambient Lighting Problems

Since in my case I always notice the change in the morning after the car has been parked overnight, my uninformed guess is that MFT periodically reboots itself when it senses the RAM has filled and reverts back to the default (ice blue) color.
Back