Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

4 Low will not engage

....not what i am looking for....
  2. E

4 Low will not engage

I have a 1998 ford Explorer that will not go into 4 low. I can get it into 4 high, and I am pretty sure the wheels are engaging also. Light comes on. but when I twist the dial to 4 Low, No low range light , no clunk, and no 4 low. [and yes im stopped, in neutral etc....] Any Ideas...
  3. E

Drivers door lock switch won't lock?

The wire is the bad part. switches all work, everything works but the wire coming from the unlock had no current. So its either bad between the switch and this module you speak of, or somewhere between that module and wherever it goes. Either way I am probably going to have to re run a wire...
  4. E

When i cut open that pink wire, It was corroded and some of the coppers were a dark brown like it had overheated somewhere. Im assuming worst case and that the whole wire may be bad in multiple spots. If I can find where it ends on the other side I may just run a whole new wire. Questions...
  5. E

I found my problem but i have no idea where to trace the wire too.... Its the pink wires that lock or unlock the door when the circuts are connected. The one I need is pink with a gren stripe. Disappears into the door hinge and from there I have no idea...
  6. E

1998 Explorer XLt Same thing. Drivers door switch will lock but not unlock, passenger and keyfob work fine. I DID replace the switch and same problem. I opened it up and bridged wires and I CAN make it unlock with 2 paperclips??? but not the new switch?? I am going to clean all the...
  7. E

Road Noise

yea I saw that. $30 something with shipping. That is probably where I will start.
  8. E

Road Noise

I have a 1998 Explorer that is making a lot of road noise on the driver side. The window or the weather stripping is not sealing correctly or something. I have tried bushing out the weather stripping by placing something underneath it, both inner and outer strips, but it did not do a thing...
  9. E

How to take off door panneling for lock fix?

I realize this is an old thread, and i know there is a search function but they suck pretty bad... My unlock switch does not work, and my lock side does, so i need to take that off to see if I ca easy fix or replace it. So i jsut remove those two screws and slowly pop it off starting at...
  10. E

Headers for V6 ohc?

I looked on his sight and didnt see the tuner for the 4.0. Im assuming its the PN: 3000. Either way I found quite a few SCT x3 tuners on ebay for under $300. Now I just have to decide which to buy first, the crank pulley or the tuner. Either or is going to cost me about $250. Thanks for...
  11. E

Headers for V6 ohc?

Awesome information sir! That is exactly what I needed to hear. It sounds like the water pump pulley is something I do not want to use then if I get the crank pulley. I live in Utah and we hit 100f every summer. Stop and go is an everyday occurrence even on the expressway... I think I...
  12. E

Headers for V6 ohc?

ill pm you my paypal info So with the water pump, and an idler and alternator pulley, what kind of gains can I expect? What effect will this have on my aux systems [run cooler, run hotter?] I did not see the alternator pulley either on the sight either. I am having trouble navigating...
  13. E

Headers for V6 ohc?

sounds like the pully is the best option. I have read that elswhere too. Anyone got a link for the crank pully? and what about doing all of them? whats tghe best combo? I found some at underdog performance for the 3.0 but not the 4.0. sake pulleys? is it worth getting an entire kit? or...
  14. E

Headers for V6 ohc?

any suggestions on the tuner? so many crap products out there...
  15. E

Headers for V6 ohc?

I realize this is an old thread but no one ever did answer the question. [gotta just love forums, no one ever does... jsut loads of tangents....] I too have a 1998 explorer with a 4.0 SOHC, but I haven't been able to find headers. I have a MAC intake and a high flow cat back exhaust, but...
  16. E

anyone have a pic of stock tires and 2" spacers?

thanks for the advice. I was thinking the same thing. Once I went out and looked again at the car I noticed that 2" would not even really stick my tires out past the wheel well. that's perfect. No worries about safety and emissions.
  17. E

anyone have a pic of stock tires and 2" spacers?

Hello! I was recently the recipient of a 1998 Ford Explorer 4.0 form my Uncle. My wife loves the truck [dont know why, she owns a 2001 nissan pathfinder lol but she likes the ford better :rolleyes:] Only problem she has with it is how wobbly it is. I have air shocks on the back and...
  18. E

1998 Explorer XLT Lift.

Ouch. Guess that's better than nothing. Bet it rides like hell that way though. It already has adjustable air shocks in the back. Sounds like a plan though. What does this thing lose with 33"s? What kind of gears would I need to return it to normal? I got a guy that sets thirds for $70...
  19. E

1998 Explorer XLT Lift.

Search button doesn't do it, all those links are for exactly what I specifically said I wasn't looking for, Expensive kits... and torsion tweaking. thanks anyway... Does that mean all you can do is tweak the torsion bars and remove fender? Sounds like Id better just sell this thing. I...
  20. E

1998 Explorer XLT Lift.

Hello!! I am new here and I have poked around a bit but as with all other forums, using key words to find exactly what your looking for never helps as much as simply reasking the same old questions again exactly to your needs! So here is my question, that I am sure some of you have...
Back