Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Time for tires

I am not noticing any additional road noise with the new Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires.
  2. B

Time for tires

Hey Paul, I did not want to push the tires going into the winter driving season. I travel a lot in bad weather in places like Wisconsin and Minnesota. Not worth it. Had it been summer, I would have pushed the tires another 10,000 miles. The new Michelin Defenders are great in the snow. Got over...
  3. B

Automatic door unlock via outside handle

Having this problem now. Car in the shop today. Passanger door handle works fine. Driver's door does not. Shop said they see corrosion in some electrical connection for the door. Ordering new parts, and should be fine. I'll post more info when I pick the car up, or when I get the final repair...
  4. B

Time for tires

I just had a set of the Defender LTX M/S put on yesterday at The Tire Rack in South Bend, IN. $842 out-the-door. I'm ready for winter. With only 34,000 miles on the 2016 OEM tires, I knew they would not get me through a Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois winter.
  5. B

Radiator fan bearing noise 2016 Models

Anyone have the part numbers for the new re-engineered/upgraded/trouble-free fans? Thanks.
  6. B

fluids

A trans fluid change is a lot cheaper than a new transmission.
  7. B

fluids

I have trans fluid changed every 50,000 miles.
  8. B

Front brakes already 2016 sport!!!

There is no substitute. LOL!:)
  9. B

Replacing Seat Filters

I had over 153,000 miles on my old 2011 Limited before trading in for the 2016 XLT. I never did have the cooled seat filters changed. My seats always worked great. I did vacuum the filter a couple times. though.
  10. B

Front brakes already 2016 sport!!!

I brake hard. I usually start with new pads on a Friday, and by Sunday afternoon, they are shot. But, coming into turn #5 at Road America, at over 140 mph, will kind of do that to ya.:)
  11. B

Oil Change interval

You'll be fine. Make sure your shop uses at least a semi synthetic. That's the minimum requirement for the this Explorer. Full synthetic would be ideal/preferred.
  12. B

2016 Sport tires

And how were you going to orchestrate this?
  13. B

Intelligent access remote

I never carry keys with me. I keep a key fob locked in the center storage cubby. I use the key pad to get in, and to get out & lock. You can not just grab the handle and get the Explorer to unlock in this scenario.
  14. B

Quiet Start

Agree. I looked again. Found nothing. My 2011 Limited had it.
  15. B

Quiet Start

Left side LCD screen. Vehicle. Remote start. Quiet. Something like that.
  16. B

Tire Pressure

Remember, for every 10 degree change, you will get 1 PSI change. This is for dry air. Wet/moist air, these change is even greater. In the winter I run my tires a couple PSI higher (37ish) because, some weeks I'm in Chicago and it's 15-30 degrees. The next week I'm in northern Wisconsin or...
  17. B

Oil Change interval

On an my new vehicles, I do an early oil change at the 1,000 mile mark. On the Explorers, after the early oil change, and swap to a full synthetic, I change the oil every 7,500 miles. OLM says about 25% remaining. With over 425,000 Explorer miles since 2003, I've never had to add oil in any...
  18. B

Clanking noise in front suspension - VIDEO INSIDE

Search my user name. This is the front control link issue, or something like that. I posted about this back in 2014 with the parts and repair bill. Good luck.
  19. B

Is this vibration normal?

Then, I'd be inclined to say it's normal. And you're sensitive to the sport suspension feedback. A 2016 Platinum's suspension can't be compared to a 2013. *I assume the Platinum uses either the Sport's suspension (sport suspension) or another suspension (but not the standard Explorer set-up)...
  20. B

My Explorer is freezing!!

It's called duel climate control. Standard on the Limited. I had it in my 2011 Limited, and have it again with my XLT.
  21. B

Anyone ever dump their EX Sport due to their commute to work?

This is your first problem. Go back to factory tune. And hopefully you negotiated your longer commute into your new salary, right? If you did, this is a non issue. If not, next time negotiate better.
  22. B

My Explorer is freezing!!

Strange. Maybe you have the heat on in the front cabin, and the AC on in the rear cabin??
  23. B

auto fogs on?

Dollars to donuts, I bet they don't even know their rear fog light is even on, let alone knowing they actually have that safety feature.
  24. B

windshield washer pump

Yeah, it's not temperature related, then, at those temps. Roll Tide.
Back