Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. GTMD

MFT same as Lincoln system?

RandyH2,the colors do not correspond to the actual colors.The nice dark blue shows up as a light green.I cannot get the dark blue with the Lincoln software.
  2. GTMD

Side View Mirror

JDraper is correct,I started the thread on the moisture in the lamp.The lamp is replaced without removing or harming the mirror.I had both sides replaced about 4 months ago or so.Only problem is the moisture is back again.I have not been to the dealer since seeing the new moisture problem.
  3. GTMD

MFT same as Lincoln system?

As Rebecca stated,the color palette is different.The tech at my dealer loaded Lincoln software by mistake when I updated to 2.8.The colors on the ambient lighting are not correct now.He is going to load 2.11 and correct the problem.I have been using it for a couple of months with this...
  4. GTMD

MFT version 2.11

jrmexplorer,I see your point and agree there could be some software and memory issues.I think Ford is well aware of this and is addressing these as we comminicate.I also question that all issues are not software but in the user interface,I/O.Updating software and replacing interface module may...
  5. GTMD

MFT version 2.11

Our Explorer was delivered 3/3 and we did update to 2.8.A couple of times the phone did not pair,no biggy.The ipod failed to attach before,again no biggy.Overall the system has preformed well. The system has prefomed maintenance on two occasions,still not an issue. You did mention"almost...
  6. GTMD

MFT version 2.11

You may be one with ligit problems.Could be hardware and not software.Have you sent a PM to Corey or one of the other service repts?They will help to resolve your issues. I do not doubt,out of thousnds of vehicles with MFT and SYNC,that there are not some with real issues.The...
  7. GTMD

MFT version 2.11

I agree with you 100%.Maybe the lemon law should apply to home pc's.Constant updates,locksup when you give the wrong commands or add the wrong device.The biggest problem with MFT and SYNC seem to be ORGANIC ERROR!
  8. GTMD

Fwd explorer in winter

Tires are the answer.My first set of radials in the early 70's proved to be the best thing since sliced bread,seemed unstoppable on rwd.First 4x4,89 Ranger,used it twice in 3yrs.I found out it wasn't worth a darn on ice,spun around 3 times.First FWD,93 Taurus Sho,I tryed to stick this vehicle in...
  9. GTMD

2011 Explorer with problems.

M1911A1,I think you need to back off our service representatives and go play with your 1911.Seni,Cory and the rest of the team have helped many on this forum.You don't see what they do when you PM them for help.They are sincere in their efforts and I,for one,am very thankful for the help. I...
  10. GTMD

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I would advise you to NOT remove the applique.The clips that hold it are in the base piece that holds the rubber gasket.When it is removed the plastic tips,on the applique,will not seat in the clips properly.Your applique will probably blow off. In April,at my dealers body shop, we pulled the...
  11. GTMD

Front recovery hooks for 4WD / Plastic Bumper Cap

With all the plastic facia there is not a place to attach for tow.You can purchase the tow eyebolt at your dealer for $12.00. I would advise reading about towing your X in the owners manual.
  12. GTMD

Bad Design on Nav SD Card Location

+1 Was not disigned for the kitchen sink.I keep the ipod with 7cm cord in the compartment.I don't know why you have to put the phone in and out all day,it connects when you get in the vehicle.I would think if you connected to the usb one time would be enough.There is a upper compartment for...
  13. GTMD

11 explorer ruined?

I know those who loved the feel of the heavier truck frame are not to happy with the unibody,it beats the alternative,no Explorer at all.Alan Mulally said the Explorer was gone unless it was put on a diet.The diet included doing away with the heavy truck frame and drive train.Unibody and front...
  14. GTMD

Simoniz worth it?

You can hold out as long as you want.But when the 3/36 runs out your left holding the bag.I secured Ford ESP just because of the new tech on this vehicle.If you plan on keeping it,it is wellworth the piece of mind to have. 7 yr 100 k $50.00 deductable can be purchased for less than $1200.00...
  15. GTMD

Simoniz worth it?

There are dozens of good waxes on the market designed for clearcoat.They are not the waxes of old that removed paint to make a shine.Your clearcoat will oxidize in time, just lke paint.A good coat of wax and the use of a mist and shine spray will keep your X looking better than factory...
  16. GTMD

Rearview Camera Problems

Agreed,there are some bugs to be worked out.On the other hand,when my home pc locks up I "ctrl.,alt.,del.".,on the Explorer you "master reset".If my home pc is still locked up I "power down",on the X you pull a fuse or disconnect the battery.Just your pc on your vehicle.
  17. GTMD

Very Unhappy owner

( APIM) ,Accessory Proticol Interface Module.I look at this a an I/O module,handles commands from screen input and outputs to all devices.I may be wrong on this,but with my experience with program control,this would be my best guess.
  18. GTMD

Sync 2.10????

Some people would argue Sh## was apple butter.It's Ford's software and if they label it 2.10 ,it's 2.10.So be it!
  19. GTMD

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I assume your plastic applique came off.This is quite possible if the clips were damaged during assembly.My right one had damaged clips after the A-pillar problem was addressed.A new applique and clips were ordered to replace it.The clips and applique have to be ordered seperate,clips don't come...
  20. GTMD

Ford should be proud

Way to go chimoman.This is a great pick me up after reading all the whining.I could not be happier with our Explorer.Great Ford service on this forum.No problem getting the minor flaws taken care of.A-pillar fixed,updated to 2.8,moisture in lamps fixed.I new ,going in, there would be minor bugs...
  21. GTMD

Power Folding Mirrors

Unless you need to fold your mirrors quite abit,it will be expensive.The msrp on the power fold mirror is $495.00 ea.,plus the control cost.I have the power fold and they are nice but I don't think I would shell out over 1K to install.
Back