Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

A simple poll...

I'll let them speak for themselves, but looking at the official data, MFT has a 73% customer satisfaction rate. The remainder are either undecided or unsatisfied. (as a frame of reference, Apple iMac has a 77% satisfaction rate) The MFT satisfaction rate is higher than SYNC GEN I when it was...
  2. V

Confirmed Version 2.11

you mean this 2011 Dodge Durango?
  3. V

Release date for new MFT?

The software is out there, just not the Technical Service Bulletin. Some dealers have already begun installing the new version. I'd recommend waiting for the TSB to be released because it will contain the instructions for the dealers.
  4. V

iPhone BT issues - Reverse Pairing

The iPhone can sometimes have difficulty holding a Bluetooth connection. If your iPhone has a problem reliably holding any Bluetooth connection, try reverse pairing. For MFT/SYNC, reverse pairing works as described below. With reverse pairing, MFT looks for the phone instead of the...
  5. V

MFT Updates?! Happens every 30 mins

You're the first person to report this. Just kidding! Your timing is good though because a new version of MFT (2.11) is being released this week. If your dealer doesn't already have 2.11, they will soon. Oh, and clean your screen already! :) p.s. thanks for serving :us:
  6. V

2011 Explorer. Sync issues.

Pull the fuse, wait a bit, and replace the fuse. Then wait until July 20 or 21st to learn more about the release of the latest version 2.11, which will be a dealer installed update.
  7. V

Version 2.11

The info didn't come from FordIVT and I don't want to steal their thunder, but the basic info is out there. I'm sure they'll release more detail when the formal announcement is made. I expect they don't want customers calling dealers before the TSB is released, so they'll need to sequence...
  8. V

Adaptive Cruise Control Braking

The system will first release the throttle to maintain the distance and the brakes applied only if it's required to maintain the preferred distance set by the driver.
  9. V

Version 2.11

More info will be released as soon as this week about the next version which, from what I can tell, will be numbered 2.11. A TSB will be issued that will explain the symptoms it addresses. Not sure of the date of the TSB yet. The install will be done by dealers. The 2012 Explorers...
  10. V

JD Power

I'm just calling it the way I see it. I don't think calling Explorer owners "suckers" is very respectful. I don't think saying something "sucks ass" advances the conversation in any meaningful way. I don't think saying "I know that **** blah blah blah...." is really very respectful...
  11. V

JD Power

"I don't want this to become another MFT thread so please let's keep those comments for the other threads." If you don't want this to be ANOTHER thread on MFT, then why do you spend half of the post talking about MFT????? LOL Get real. LAME
  12. V

The newest version of software will become available for dealer installation by the end of July. If you don't want to go to the dealer until then, you can try a few things to reset and stabilize the system until the new update comes out. Since you're a new owner, you probably need to verify...
  13. V

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Q. Will Sirius Traffic expand into Canada? A. Yes. Today, Sirius offers traffic incident information for three Canadian markets and flow information for one Canadian market. Sirius will continue to expand the Canadian coverage in the future.
  14. V

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

The link is working for me. Since I'm not in Canada, I voted against the idea of letting Canadians have SYNC Services :D Just kidding! http://www.thefordstory.com/your-ideas/technologies/infotainment/sync-services-in-canada/
  15. V

I'm so tired of this!

I would not say the Toyota example is a great example of what to do. Years of delays, deaths, record recalls, documented defects, record government fines and pending class action law suits. NHTSA found mechanical defects with the accelerator pedal that allowed the accelerator to get "stuck...
  16. V

Am i the only person that has no problems with mft?

you might want to read this brand new survey ranking Ford highly, it specifically addresses why pushing the envelope and bringing new innovative products to the consumer can increase satisfaction despite the bugs that come from being on the cutting edge of technology: For immediate release -...
  17. V

Sync Iphone.

Mobile Phone Tips http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/UsingSyncTips.aspx Having trouble pairing or connecting your mobile phone to SYNC? Perhaps your phonebook contacts are not recognized by SYNC? Or the volume is not quite right? Try these mobile phone tips from the...
  18. V

I'm so tired of this!

Not a real good example you provided. It took forever for Toyota to rpair the defected gas pedals and to repair the improperly secured mats. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/01/business/01toyota.html New York Times - Toyota’s Slow Awakening to a Deadly Problem "At almost every step...
  19. V

I'm so tired of this!

ROFL !!! Ain't that the truth.
  20. V

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

Yes, that's the way its supposed to work. Once you upload your contacts, you can turn off the auto update. Otherwise every time you start your car, the system will compare databases between MFT and your phone. That takes time if you have a lot of contacts. When you add new contacts...
  21. V

As a designer, one would expect you to know the difference between satisfaction rates and failure rates. One would also expect a designer to be more insightful and not to jump to a conclusion that if 73% are satisfied/very satisfied that 27% are automatically dissatisfied. Are 100% of people...
  22. V

No, that's not what the results showed. The survey is for satisfaction with MFT which took into account many factors including ease of use, not a failure rate. The study showed satisfaction increasing as owners became more familiar with its operation. 100 - 73 does not equal a dissatisfaction...
  23. V

I'm so tired of this!

The "fix" for large contact lists is to use the proper setting in MFT and the proper setting in the phone, as Apple recommends. No waiting needed, its available right now. No download required.
  24. V

The poll on here showed the vast majority of owners, 86%, have had no issues or minor issues. 73% of MFT owners surveyed are satisfied with MFT, which is a greater satisfaction rate than SYNC when it was launched. As with SYNC, the satisfaction rate is expected to increase as people get...
  25. V

With all due respect, extrapolating your single experience with a GMC is a bit simplistic. I can find many examples of that same GM platform that have Bluetooth problems, and keep in mind the Bluetooth protocal in the Terrain/Equinox is a significantly older/simpler protocal. As for the...
Back