Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Code P1299 - Coolant Temp Sensor... But where is it?

Diagram? Pictures? Little help? Thanks! 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8
  2. C

Bad hub assembly? Bad luck? or... what else???

I'll try to be brief... 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L Bought used 1+ year ago with 142000km Noisy front drivers bearing right off the bat. Turning left = Silence, Turning Right = Noisey, going straight = humming. Replaced with BCA bearing, that seemed to be 'good' for a week or 2, and never...
  3. C

Problem in 4x4

Hey guys, been while... My 06 Explorer Eddie Bauer seems to make a not-to-healthy sounding clunk type noise when switched (button pushed) into 4x4 mode while turning. Like something is binding up and releasing. Seems to be ok going straight. Are you meant to only gonstraight in 4x4??? Lol...
  4. C

Problem in 4x4

Hey guys, been while... My 06 Explorer Eddie Bauer seems to make a not-to-healthy sounding clunk type noise when turning while in 4x4 mode (button pushed). Like something is binding up and violently releasing. Seems to be ok going straight. Are you meant to only go straight in 4x4??? Lol...
  5. C

Coil packs - Straight or curved for 2006 4.6L V8 3V?

As the title states... I was pretty sure that when the mechanic pulled out the #8 pack (wet), that it had a curve to it. But I'm seeing online that it is supposed to be straight for this year (2006). Perhaps the wrong ones were installed (2002-2005). Please confirm, thanks!
  6. C

Any Ford Parts guys on here? Need help differentiating between a cpl of part numbers (Throttle Body)

Mechanic broke the little nub on the kickdown lever that connects to the cable. Currently zap strapped back on, but not kicking down properly. Throttle Body P/Ns F77Z-9E926-AD F77Z-9E926-AA What is the difference? And which one do I need for my: 1997 V6 4.0L SOHC Limited Thanks in advance!
  7. C

Torsion bar twist? How Far? How High?

1997 Explorer Limited V6 SOHC I got some new shocks (KYB MonoMax) a couple months ago, everything was great for about a week, now I'm riding low - super low. Bottoming out over speed bumps etc. actually feel like a lowered car in the front lol. So I ordered new replacement shocks - KYB...
  8. C

QUICK! HELP! Parts Recommendations? Steering and Suspension 97 Limited SOHC

Follow up to my previous thread on my wonky front end issues... Hoping for some ROCK SOLID part recommendations from you guys. I have purchased a few things already. KEY - This is a work truck and there is always weight in it. Brand and p/n very helpful! My parts list: Front Rack and Pinion...
  9. C

Wonky, jumpy, unsure front end on 97 Explorer Limited SOHC

I may have posted about this ages ago when I first got the truck, but I've NEVER been able to fix this even after multiple repairs and upgrades to the front end. (ball joints, control arms, sway bar links, torsion bars, torsion keys, body mounts) Basically, the steering doesn't seem super...
  10. C

WTB - Lamp Out Module from ~97 Limited or EB

Original one failed cutting power to the passenger side headlight. Replaced with one from a wrecker, and now it has failed cutting power to the drivers side headlight. I believe the lamp out modules will only be present on the vehicles equipped with the lower console computer display. Ship to...
  11. C

Help! Probably an easy one > How many O2 Sensors?

I'm going tomorrow to get the code double checked, but... Can someone tell me how many O2 sensors there are on a: 1997 Ford Explorer Limited V6 SOHC I'm getting conflicting info. Sorry, not very mechanically inclined. Just trying to figure out the part number and how many to order (online)...
  12. C

Headlight Out - no power to headlight - Little Help?

Hey guys, been a while since I've been here. The 97 has been treating me just fine up until now. Passenger side headlight out. Bulb is fine. We've got power to the high beam. We've got power at the fuse box and fuse is fine. Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance!!!
  13. C

WANTED - CD Changer and disc cartridge for 97 limited

Post here if you have one. Its the Clarion with the orange cartridge eject button. My just bailed with CD E1. How much? Condition out of 10? Shipped to Blaine WA 98230. PM if you'd like.
  14. C

1997 Ford Explorer Limited – CD changer issues – CD E1

Can anyone tell me what CD E1 means when displayed on the stereo? CD changer not functioning. Is there a quick fix? Or should I replace it? Second part of that last question… Anyone selling one?
  15. C

HELP! Shop time for suspension work?

I'll explain later... but I need to know a fair time estimate for... All parts supplied, just looking for times... replacing torsion keys replacing torsion bars installing camber bolts adjust ride height accordingly alignment (Probably a flat rate?) Thanks!
  16. C

Wanted Explorer Express Front Sway Bar for my 97 Limited SOHC

As the title states... Just bought a used EE rear, and i know the stock front bar is the older hollow version. Looking to replace with a used EE front. Ship to Blaine WA if your in the USA, or Burnaby, BC if your in Canada. Message me. Cheers!
  17. C

Torsion Bar Ratings - ATTN 2Gen V8 4Drs. Please help...

Another tBar Question... In previous posts, I stated that I have the 'L rated" bars. On my 97 Limited SOHC. If you guys have a moment, can you have a look on your trucks and tell me what your suspension codes are on your drivers door >AND< what the cast stamp reads on the FRONT of your...
  18. C

Coil-Over Set-ups

After a number of headaches and $$$$... Just read a great post on swapping the tbars out and coil-overs in. i'm absolutely green on this topic.... 97 limited SOHC I'm strictly road, maybe some camping trips down gravel roads. I'm after comfort over bumps and sporty cornering/less lean...
  19. C

Wanted Torsion Bars from a V8 - 'A' or '1' coded (stiffest)

Hey, Ive got a 97 V6 SOHC with the softest 'L' bars. I have requirements the lead me to want to upgrade to the stiffest bar option, the A or 1 bars. Looking for both right and left, with no warp (roll them to confirm they are not warped, please). Shipped to Blaine, WA, 98230 if you are...
  20. C

Torsion Bar options for a 1997 Limited?

I've recently placed a receiver on the front of my Explorer intended for a manual style snow plow. Over the last couple years almost all the front end joints, bushings etc have all been replaced. There has always been a but of a cluck in the front end that I haven't been able to figure...
  21. C

'BAD CD' error - Anyone had this?

My 6 disc changer in my 97 Limited just started producing this error. I assume its the changer and not the deck... Any had this issue? Solution? Shy of and easy fix, I do have a post up seeking a 6 disc changer in the wanted section. Help! Cheers!
  22. C

Wanted CD CHANGER for 1997 Explorer Limited (one with orange button)

My cd changer in my 1997 FORD EXPLORER Limited just died (I think). It keeps saying bad disc, for every disc I put in. Looking for a factory cd changer in decent condition and confirmed working. Please let me know how much shipped to: Burnaby, BC V5A1B7 Canada Thanks!
  23. C

KONI Shocks: Does anyone have/had them installed? Need feedback!

Replacing my (replacements) ARC system. I had bought Suncore Industries ARC shocks, and am not happy with them. Research and help from forum users has lead me to either KONI Heavy Track (30-1614) or Bilstiens. http://www.koni.com/56.html...
  24. C

WANTED - EE Front Swaybar

For a 97 Limited. ALready have a Wanted for the Rear bar, figured I try for the Front while I'm at it. EE lists a different bar for the 95-97 which is mounted against the front of the Frame. The 98+ are mounted under the frame. I need the 95-97. Looking for used before I bite the...
  25. C

Exploded View Images?

Can someone post or link me to exploded views of a 1997 Limited SOHC? I'm mainly after the front suspension, but I'd be curious if there are other images available. So any and all exploded views welcomed. Thanks!
Back