Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Someone i am begging you to help me!!!

ITS FIXED!!! At least, its been running fine all day today! We've tested it out...I mean REALLY put it to the test! And it seems fine so far!! =) =) Because this forum has been such a BIG help...I want to make sure I update you all! Husband took off the cat converter on the passenger back...
  2. W

My husband is going to try and take it off again today...in the meantime, Ill look around for a fuel pressure gauge...I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks =)
  3. W

I guess you are right...Id rather be stuck walkin in paradise! LOL But it's just frustrating...I have doctor appointments to go to...Im going to have to cancel tomorrows one probably unless some miracle happens, which I doubt it. And Ill have both kids home for a week thanks to the wonderful...
  4. W

Thanks Turdle!! I appreciate your help so much!! Actually I appreciate everyone....like BEYOND what you could ever imagine!! I dont trust any mechanics out where I live...and I keep getting what everyone "thinks" it is...but these people don't own Fords...I like to have advice from FORD owners...
  5. W

My husband said the fuel pressure tester goes to 70 PSI...its the small grey numbers on the right side.....can I really NOT use that gauge?? Ive read websites where you can make your own gauge...I spent 30bucks on this stupid gauge...and I hate for it to be for absolutely NOTHING. =( =( I have...
  6. W

Thanks guys!! Guess I'm back at square one again but its better than throwing almost 300 bucks at a part that is not needed!! I'll call around for a fuel pressure gauge again today... As for the timing...if it was timing, would it be able to start at all? Because it can, and it idles nicely...
  7. W

Oh oooo....are we right with the fuel pressure testing?? Someone please read, and please HELP before my hubby buys a fuel pump/sending unit if its not needed!!! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310115
  8. W

I know this is the wrong place but I really, REALLY need an answer!! Please!! So my husband (unknowingly) bought this vacuum/fuel pressure tester called Innova. I thought it looked a little different than the ones that were shown in the threads here. But he had already opened the package and...
  9. W

Help help help...a fuel pump with the sending unit (which includes the regulator) will put me out $260! =( I really don't have that kind of money to be wasting if its not the part...anyone else know of someone who has had similar symptoms? Or recalls reading someone who had here in the forums...
  10. W

Finally tested the fuel pressure with a gauge...I'm getting way too much pressure!! It goes way past whatever the last number was and on to the other side.... when I put the ignition to ON. HELP!! What does that mean?? Would that be the cause of my symptoms??? I think thats what the code P0232...
  11. W

Please....anybody??
  12. W

So a bad fuel pump would give me my symptoms....Only being able to start on a cold start and idle fine but once you press gas it dies??
  13. W

Another question... I dont smell "rotten eggs", I smell fuel if I decide to try and start it after it dies out the second time....but could my symptoms still be a sign of clogged catalyst converters? I'm trying to search now...I don't have its number one symptom which is the smell but I don't...
  14. W

Just for the record....we've resetted the inertia switch a few times trying to diagnose the thing. I've read in a forum that if it was tripped or reset, that it could cause that code to appear. So with all the symptoms Im having...starts fine on cold starts, idles fine, once I gas it dies...
  15. W

Wishing I could bump my own posts....I really want to fix it today, its my husband and I's wedding anniversary =( Any ideas anyone?? I'm searching and searching but I can't find anything that relates exactly to my symptoms...
  16. W

The battery has been disconnected several times so I really don't think that the codes that are showing aren't the original code(s) that left me stranded on the freeway. But the codes that came out today were P1000 and P0232. I haven't been able to drive it since then but it finally starts...
  17. W

I forgot to mention...after its been sitting, itll start right up and idle...gas it, it dies. When it dies, Ill try to start it again...crank and crank and crank...NOTHING. Then you can smell a strong GAS smell!! About 15-20minutes later....starts right back up again...same thing, idles...
  18. W

I really hope someone can help us...our back up car heads just blew and I know its something simple with the Ford (well I hope) but its just finding out WHAT it is!! To tell you the truth, I dont know what the brand of plugs were. =/ But it gives good and strong spark. Unplugged the MAF...
  19. W

Helpppp anyone plz??? replaced fuel pump relay...started...a sort of rough idle....press gas...DIES! what to do next???
  20. W

UPDATE!!!! So a "mechanic" came over, told us our computer was "bad". Only thing good about him coming was he was able to actually pull some codes =) Got P1000 and P0232. Googled both, the P1000 seems like I just need to drive it around to clear that code once I fix the other problem code...
  21. W

Ok so MAF and crank or cam sensors should be the next thing to try. As for the searching tip...THANKS...I have been using the search engine!! Just a question though...could it still be my crank sensor even when we spray gas directly into the intake? Someone said that it should at least run for...
  22. W

We sprayed fuel into the intake though and it still didnt start up...could it still be a fuel problem even when we sprayed fuel directly into the intake?
  23. W

Aww that thread doesnt have information on how to test sensors without having to buy them...is there a way though??
  24. W

Thank u!! I was just looking for a way to test sensors without having to buy them...appreciate the link!
  25. W

Spark from what they were saying was strong. I wasn't there when they did the tests but fuel pressure was said to be strong...I don't think they used a fuel pressure tester though. How do u check for vacuum leaks? That would be a compression test right? Someone said crank sensor so we might try...
Back