Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Water Leak

Buyback from Ford I urge everyone who reads this thread to open up their spare tire compartment after a rain and check to see if water has pooled there. If there is any hint of water in the compartment report the leak immediately! Our ordeal is over. Ford was not able to repair the leak...
  2. E

Water Leak

Sounds like our story. We went to pick up our Ex and I saw a crease dented into the bottom of the rear driver side door. Told the service manager and he documented it. Its never been fixed yet, and once the dealer learned that we got a lawyer they won't fix the dent or touch the leak anymore.
  3. E

Need Community Help/Advice with my Sport Issue

After 4+ months of our Ex being in the dealership, and 11 attempts to fix a water leak from the roofline, we contacted an attorney. The lemon laws across the US are written as to not re-victimize the victim (Consumer) so Ford pays for your Lemon attorney fees. So if youre having problems with...
  4. E

Water Leak

Quote: Originally Posted by Candacelee Call a lemon law atty. Make FORD pay. 2011 - too late We have. We had to, we had no choice. The problem wasnt being resolved time after time and before the window of opportunity closed under NJ law we got an attorney. Glad we did, because it only got...
  5. E

Water Leak

The problem with going to another dealer is that they don't want to deal with all the patches the first dealer did to try and remedy the problem. The guy from another dealer already told me, they messed it up, let them fix it. Not that it gets dumped on my mechanics. And in all honesty I don't...
  6. E

Water Leak

Roof still leaking We reported this problem early and then unfortunately OFTEN! We've had our ex in for repairs over 10x's, now our dealer is turning us away because they dont know what else to do. You read that right, THEY TURNED AWAY OUR VEHICLE FROM THE DEALERSHIP (ALL AMERICAN FORD PARAMUS...
  7. E

Water Leak

Search the forums, 34 pages of unhappy customers, Im one of them. Ours has been repaired over 10x. All American Ford in Paramus NJ sent us away after the latest leaks because they don't know what else to do. Our interior is saturated with water. Here's a video of our leak...
  8. E

Water Leak

Ours has been repaired over 10x. All American Ford in Paramus NJ sent us away after the latest leaks because they don't know what else to do. YES, THE DEALERSHIP SENT US AWAY AFTER SEEING THE ROOF STILL LEAKING! Our interior is saturated with water. Here's our leak...
  9. E

Water Leak

We just got our Ex back (11th time in service for leaking roof). The service manager told me straight up, "I saw the leak when you brought it in, I noted it in the paperwork, but we weren't able to recreate so there was nothing we could do." Our truck sat at the dealership for 6 weeks while...
  10. E

Water Leak

Just to update, Were still waiting for our Ex to return home since 5/13/13. When we called our dealer they say theyre working on it, yet when I pass by I see it parked in the Rear lot. I left a message and havent heard back. The last time we brought it in the service manager himself said "I...
  11. E

Water Leak

We haven't. Ex is back in while they rip the insides out for the 11th time. Curious how interior parts fit after they've been ripped out and put back that many times? Its not pretty. And the carpets and padding they swear are not moldy? They smell otherwise. My wife loved her explorer when she...
  12. E

Water Leak

Keep good documentation so when you reach your limit you can contact a lemon law attorney like we did. Once Ford has to start purchasing these back then someone will notify the guy on the assembly line and they'll correct the problem.
  13. E

Water Leak

For whatever reason, it seems that light steady rain makes it through, yet a hose spray doesn't. Ours leaked last night with our first rain in weeks. We went back 10x to get it fixed already. And now it'll be 11. A Ford engineer looked at it. Why he hasn't contacted the manager on the line so...
  14. E

Rear Side Window Leaking

Read this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327803 And this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378167 We had our Ex in for the same problem 10x with close to 4 months of downtime while the dealer held our vehicle. Every time they sent it back to us it...
  15. E

orange spots all over

Here is an absolutely fabulous product to wash your vehicle with prior to putting a sealant or wax on. http://www.carpro-us.com/iron-x-500ml/vehicle-decontamination/ I use this on my white platinum Edge and Explorer and the paint is extremely clean and ready for which ever long term...
  16. E

Gas Mileage with 18s vs 20s

Even in the extreme case of the Edge Sport with the 22"s vs the SEL with 18"s the difference is only 2mpg. And think about this... The forged aluminum 22" wheels on my sport weigh 39lbs each!!!!
  17. E

Water Leak

Hey Crystal thanks. You've been very nice and super responsive. My regional, Cynthia likewise is top notch. I have nothing but respect for both of you following through and doing your jobs so well, and so completely. I think we need to kick this to a lawyer now to review. Were nearing 3 months...
  18. E

Water Leak

When our Ex went back the 7th time to get the leak repaired our dealer dented our drivers rear door. We were bummed that the Ex would now have to return to have the damage repaired. But then it started leaking so it didn't matter. Now its been back for the past two weeks. Hopefully we get it...
  19. E

Water Leak

Your dealer will probably tell you, "you can't believe everything you read on the net". I understand that people find forums because they're either enthusiasts or searching for the answer to a problem. What I wonder is how widespread is the problem? What if I'm my parents, who aren't internet...
  20. E

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 Style Black Grille

My service manager said its the same grill with slightly more open areas for a little more cooling.
  21. E

APIM, extended warranty by ford

I got two! One for our Edge and one for our Explorer!
  22. E

Dang it....they didn't get the Red tint coat quite right!

Whoa What the.... WOW. I'd say be nice about it and ask them to try again. If they say no, then Demand that they do it over again.
  23. E

Ford Explorer 2013 Sport Presale

Right now it seems like lots of speculation and zero facts...
  24. E

Water Leak

Un-&#$%ing believable!!! It rained one night, the first time since we got out Ex back from the dealer for its 8th attempt at fixing this leak and its back!!!!! Our two year old was soaked a third time with ice water as he sat helplessly locked into his child seat. I'm so angry. My wife is...
Back