Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Are there any south Florida clubs?

Body lift is super easy. the hardest part for me was lowering the radiator
  2. S

how to tell what the OEM radio was??

Crutchfield Lists Item# 120705517 for 98 Mount with MACH audio system Item# 120701771 for 98 Mount wo MACH; with AM/FM/CD player Item# 120701771 for 98 Mount wo MACH; with AM/FM/Cassette deck Item# 120705008 for 98 Mount wo MACH; with AM/FM/Cassette/single-CD so...
  3. S

i have a speaker grill with nothing behind it. looks like nothing was ever there. i stuck my arm waaay up inside and there was nothing i want to say it had more than 2 plugs edit.. posted pics of harnesses below.. if i had more than 2 plugs, i'm way scewed!!
  4. S

found a couple links, but the examples shown did not go into detail about saying options. just engine size, drivetrain, assembly location, etc etc
  5. S

i pulled my radio out because i was getting CD ERROR and can't use the 6 disc. it looks like someone has been back there before so i don't know what radio it came with i have a non mach head unit i have the panel that covers the subwoofer, but no subwoofer, box, extra wires back there is...
  6. S

Check Your Fan Blade!!!!!

my '98 v8 has plastic
  7. S

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

sweet! i'll be trying this in the near future!
  8. S

Slowy's 98 Mountaineer 2wd

today i put on a set of 17x8 Vline V772's (0mm offest) with a set of 255/75/17;s (32") pics on first page
  9. S

Stock Rim specs

The brake rotor fits inside the rim. That, as far as a know, is the only thing that determines how small of a rim you can use. Your 20's, are more than likely wider than the base model 17's. I would imagine the 17's would fit as long asd the bolt pattern is the same... Which I assume it would be...
  10. S

Stock Rim specs

If you have factory 20's, the 17's may not fit because you may have bigger brakes. All that needs to be done is to have folks measure their rim width and backspace and post. I posted a chart that will give you the offset if the width and backspacing are known
  11. S

Slowy's 98 Mountaineer 2wd

updated pics on first page
  12. S

Ummm lift kit???

not familiar with that part of the truck. please explain
  13. S

Stock Rim specs

If I had stock rims I would offer my info. 1" positive or negative offset?
  14. S

Offset, rim width, backspacing chart

found this chart from This website seems accurate from the numbers i've ran
  15. S

33x12.5 on 15x10 rim - backspacing, offset question

saw this neat chart from this website https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html so an 8" wide rim with a 4.5" backspacing is 0mm offset
  16. S

Ummm lift kit???

best thread ever http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238214 you also might want to check all the stickied threads at the top of each section lots of great info you can search my posts for some lift kit info as well
  17. S

Stock Rim specs

i can't find stock rim specs ANYWHERE. i think it would be a good idea to have it as a sticky on this site so users can compare new rims with what they currently have.. that being said, does anybody happen to know the following specs for a 15" 98 mountaineer rim? width (i'm assuimg 7")...
  18. S

255/75/17 on a 98 v8 Mountaineer

well.. the 18" mustang rims i was using were a 44mm offset, 6.23" backspacing, 8" wide rim the 17" cragar soft 8's are 8" wide 4.5" backspacing means thats a 0mm offset i think these will work. i'm going to measure what i have on my truck now to see what those specs are
  19. S

Ummm lift kit???

i did a 3" bl (easy as cake) and plan on shackles and a twist later on
  20. S

need some thought on rims and tires

I don't have 17 inch rims. I have to buy them. If I had 17's a test fit would be awesome. I'm starting to think that it won't work cuz all the guys I see on here are running some negative offset to make up got the extra width.
  21. S

need some thought on rims and tires

a girl at work has a 2010 wrangler and put some 33's on it. so her stock used 32" tires are for sale they are 17" rims though she's selling the tires for $100 the 17's on summit are $300 problem is that the stock rims are 7" and the 17's are 8". both with the same offset from reading...
  22. S

anybody?
  23. S

Can I use engine cleaner, oil treatment, Injector Cleaner?

i guess if you've always used it, then it would be good. my mounty has 162k. i wouldn't think of using all that stuff now just because of what patrick112390 just said.
  24. S

there is no offset option for the Cragar soft 8's in a 17" wheel the 15's have all sorts of options.. .this is crap i'm getting FOUR tires for $100.. i figured this would be a great deal. annybody have any input on this situation?
Back