Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Rear doors won't open

If you end up replacing the exterior handles DO NOT buy the cheap ones from Amazon. Mine broke within a month.
  2. T

1st-2nd Gear Shift Flare When Going Slow Please Help

My valve body separator plate gasket had a tear in it. It fixed the flare but not my P0741 code. Still limping around on a POS transmission
  3. T

5R55E w/P0741 code, TCC solenoid?

Mine is still messed up but drivable. You can drop the pan without taking off the cat, but its easier on a lift. Just slide off the heat shield first. Also do yourself a favor and wrap your catalytic converter with aluminum foil first. Good luck
  4. T

Post pics of your Beam Shots (HIDs ONLY)

Yeah i wish i did more homework first. These are the Azno's i put on. To aim them properly you have to point them away from each other and they dont match the contour of the corner lenses anymore. I also had to replace my fog housings, they had flood water trapped inside for a long time which...
  5. T

They are Silverstars (not ultras) having them in the fogs makes a huge difference. I wish the HID's worked out better since they are waaaaaaay brighter but the scatter and glare is terrible. Ive heard people have better luck with them in stock housings vs crappy aftermarket ones like mine. I...
  6. T

Here's my horrible beam pattern with 5K DDM Tuning 55W 9007 hi/low kit in some Anzo clear housings. I can't afford projectors so I went back to halogens. I know the OP requested no halogen pics but this is just for comparison purposes. HID's Halogens
  7. T

Anyone Using HID's With Good Results?

Do you have stock housings? I think that's my problem, my clear ones have a faceted reflector that is scattering my beam like crazy.
  8. T

Yeah im not impressed with the clear housings, should have kept the OEM ones. I did have the relay harness, I think my ground connection wasn't very good which could have been the reason for failing to ignite. Thanks everyone for the info, learned quite a bit of useful stuff. I've gone back to...
  9. T

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

You.didn't see one in a dashcam POV driving on the beach? I need to make one recording of the tailpipes up close. That video only shows what you hear inside. This is the muffler
  10. T

Must be from using my phone to post it. Search my username Tantojutsuninpo and it will show my videos. I can't get a good link from my phone, it sucks
  11. T

Wow that's a heck of a whoops. I have replaced one of my 9007 plugs that melted from middle of the road quality halogens. Hopefully the Silverstars I just bought don't give me problems.
  12. T

No slam taken whatsoever, I can take constructive criticism. They.were backordered on the 35 watt kits. Looks like retrofits are way out of my price range and skill set so Im probably going to take them off and put them on something else. I should have just got the Sylvania Silverstars and been...
  13. T

I was testing the car mount for my Droid X as a dash cam and you can hear my exhaust from the inside. The two clicks you hear are me manually upshifting http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=36mNGbcDWPI
  14. T

I got some Anzo clear headlights and a DDM Tuning 55W kit with 5K bulbs. The beam focus isn't great but I know its to be expected without a projector retrofit. Anyone know a good source for info on retrofits? Im new to HID's and should have done more research first. I dont want to be blinding...
  15. T

5R55E VB replaced, O/D still flashing w/ whistle

Lucky!!! Now I wish I got the CVB reman VB instead of just doing gaskets and TCC solenoid. Mine took a couple days for the light to come back on, not sure if I want it to be th same code or not. Really don't want to drop the pan again.
  16. T

I notice that the crappiest looking repair shops charge less than most for labor. You may have to pay for one one hour for diagnosis. I think there's a pressure relief valve that goes out. I don't know if its in the VB or the converter though
  17. T

Did you do anything with the solenoids? It sounds odd that after adding 6 qts there was nothing on your dipstick... I don't know where Murphy, TX is but if you were in the Houston area I could have my Father in law put his snap-on scanner on it to read the codes. My 2000 Ex has the same amount...
  18. T

5R55E. Where should I start?

That is EXACTLY what my upper valve body gasket looked like. I was having intermittent 1-2 shift flares when accelerating very slow and a P0741 code for the TCC stuck on. I replaced the VB gaskets an the TCC solenoid. Drove fine for a few days but now the o/d light is flashing again. Ill have...
  19. T

No forward & reverse after valve body gasket replacement.

Ok I feel stupid, the plunger that connects to the shifter cable wasn't connected. I didn't notice until after I took the vb back off to make sure everything was on right. Luckily someone pointed it out to me before I put it back together again with no forward or reverse. I would have been...
  20. T

Thanks and sorry for the hassle. It is covering them
  21. T

Yes, I meant on the end of the bracket is a forked piece that looks like it goes around something round. Like in this pic
  22. T

I will tomorrow. Im doing it at my father in laws shop but he had to close down early. Does the solenoid bracket hook into the groove on the valve? That's the only thing I can think of that may be put on wrong
  23. T

5R55E w/P0741 code, TCC solenoid?

I did the repairs but now have no forward or reverse. Trying to get as much info as possible to try again tomorrow.
  24. T

I used two separate gaskets and then torqued them at 80 inch pounds with an old school snap on torque wrench made in he '70s. The old gaskets we're stuck to the separator plate but easily peeled off. I did wonder if it was a newer bonded plate but wasn't sure. The ford parts guy was a moron...
  25. T

I just replaced my vb gaskets and tcc solenoid and now I have no forward or reverse. I added 8 qts of mercon v and didn't have enought time to see if it was really full since the dipstick tube had residual oil in it.I have to try to fix it early tomorrow morning. Any ideas what it could be? I...
Back