Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Sirius Travel Link

Noticed my weather map data stopped downloading on 11/20 for some reason. Called Sirius tech support and they said they are aware of an issue for about 2-3 weeks now and that Ford was contacting owners to come to dealership to update the service. To the forum members with Travel link/weather...
  2. J

Seat Cover Removal/Replacement

Anyone ever try replacing the bottom leather seat cover on a vehicle. I had a bad incident with keys in a back pocket that put a slice in my seat. Tried gettig it repaired, not happy with the color match. I have the replacement cover, debating whether try switching myself or get a pro to do it.
  3. J

2.11 & Voice Control of Sirius

Renewed my Sirius subscription last night prev expired. Discover new issue with 2.11 dowload which was installed recently. There is no voice control over Sirius it does not recognize channel numbers or names. Previously had issue when Sirius changed its channel numbers but atleast you could...
  4. J

Phone Book Downloading Loop

Just completed ugrade from 2.4 to 2.11 over the weekend via the SYNC website. As expected had to reconnect my phone and phonebook entries. Unfortunately I am stuck in the following endless loop now: Phonebook downloading Please Wait.... Well I waited for 45 minutes during my entire...
  5. J

2011 Final Number

So with 2011 production either wrapping up or complete, anyone know what the final tally is on how many were produced?
  6. J

Wind Noise

Now that the warmer weather is here I'm noticing more wind noise at highway speeds of 65 mph. I have one noise thats on the driver side possibly rear door top where it sound like wind is getting past a gasket somewhere. The heat is making the gaskets more plieable now it seems. These gaskets...
  7. J

Reverse Bulbs

Anyone know what the bulb number is for the reverse lights. Curious if Sylvania has a SilverStar bulb that will work. Looking to brighten up the rear when backing but don't want to mess with LEDs or retrofitting to HID
  8. J

Tsb

Anyone have access to TSBs for the Ex. Lots of rumors floating around from bad drain plugs, faulty fans, pillar rattles, shocking outlets, loose foam, etc. Curious what Ford has officially recognized as issues as of 5/1. If you have access a post to the known issues section would be much...
  9. J

Hood Deflector

Anyone install the Ford Hood Deflector on their Ex. 1, Did you have to drill any holes? 2, Pics of the final look. Any input would be appreciated debating on installing on a Silver Ex and possibly having it painted silver to match better.
  10. J

Cooled Seats- Limited Owners

Now that its getting warmer has anyone tried their cooling function on their seats? Noticed on mine the blower motors sound pretty loud on both seats, anyone else have the same observation? When I first heard it I was really caught off guard and suprised the things were that noticeable.
  11. J

Streaky Windows

Ok so how many are plaqued with the streaky side windows that won't go away. Just when you get them clean the next window roll down leaves a filmy bar across. Not sure what this stuff is or where its coming from, was hoping it would wear off by now no luck. Took window cleaner and some water...
  12. J

Warranty on DVD Headrest

So I read some of us have already had the Invision DVD Players break on us and the questions has been raised what's Ford's warranty on these things ( 3/36, 1 yr, 30 days). Seni hopefully you can shed some light here.
  13. J

Album Cover Art on Touch Screen

For those with the Ford Touch screen and using an Ipod how is the album cover art displayed quality wise for you? I was dissapointed to see the album cover show up in the right but very pixelated and unreadable. Anyone else having this problem I'm sure its operator error with some setting some...
Back