Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Factory sub amp blown?

thanks guys i'll have to check that stuff, if i cant get it working, then I'll just get an aftermarket stereo installed lol ill try ur suggestions , hope i can fix this, cause my wife drives a 2001 xlt ex. and she doesnt have the rear sub. on her truck and it sounds better than my mounty with...
  2. M

Factory sub amp blown?

no wonder! lol it kept rotating left and right! ok ill remove the entire unite no problem, now if I can locate the audio mute thingy! lol thanks for your help the schematic shows the wiring and it helps to see the wire color codes and such , but doest tell you "the audio mute button/wire is...
  3. M

Factory sub amp blown?

where is this audio mute/wire located? i have the same problem with my 99 mounty, how did you remove the sub? i removed all the screws around the sub, and it will rotate, but will not pull out! i want to check that audio mute button but don't know where it's located thanks MaDDpYrO
  4. M

rear subwoofer not working

hey guys!, im not sure if this is where i post for help with audio ,but here it goes. my 1999 mounty awd came with stock radio system 1 speaker in each door, but there is a subwoofer in the right rear quarter panel, all four speakers seem to work but the sub is not, does any 1 have any...
  5. M

1999 mounty 5.0 cold air intake

do say the tube is from a 5.0 explorer? or 5.0 mustang? the v-6 box from volant looks sweet, do you know if it is still available? nice pic celly thanks for posting it maddpyro
  6. M

celly, i would like to see if you would upload some pics of how you have yours set up. i want to mod my 70mm tb from my 1986 5.0 stang, and would like to see what every one else is running, i'd like to see pics from any one willing to upload some pics of intake/tb/coldair intakes ect. id like...
  7. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

my 1999 5.0 awd mounty has 178k with all orig. majors. tranny/ engine no mods except the k&n replacement filter. 2001 ex xlt 2wd 141k straight stock up the ying! both run strong as the day i got them the 1998 ex xlt i had before these had 179k before my wife...
  8. M

i see the cold air intake there, but is it really "cold aid intake"? or does it draw in the underhood hot engine air as well? has any one ever put a snorkel on a 94-2001 5.0 exp/ mounty? just asking! im sure that intake is worlds better than stock! lol and I think i will end up with...
  9. M

I MEAN IT!!!!! THIS THE BEST EXPLORER/RANGER/MOUNTY/NAVAJO site in THE PLANET!!!!!!! the best info for my trucks hands down!!!! thank you for the links. now i will move on with the installations, i'll try the tb first and go from there. torque monsters are on the menu now! i will be...
  10. M

I can't seen to find a manufacturer that sells a cold air intake for my 1999 5.0 mounty awd. will the fox body 5.0 fipk fit? im tired of looking around, hopefully some one can answer my question. I also have a fox body mustang with all the bolt ons you can think of from windage tray to 70mm...
  11. M

hello every one!

Hi, I'm just registered to this site and i must say as a owner of a 1999 merc.mounty, and a 2001 exlorer xlt, i am happy to find this site filled with enthusiasts just like my self and informative topics that i know will be helpfull to any one just like myself. i will be posting questions on...
Back