Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

I've not updated yet, as I'm always late to the party. Hopefully soon though. But a question first: I read through this thread & saw conflicting posts regarding the iphone 5S & whether it works or not with the new Eyes Free update. Anyone else have knowledge or experience on this? Thanks.
  2. L

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

An update to my first post (#881). I received NO financial help from Ford with regards to my repair of $1600 for a new steering gear assembly. Dealer used was: Smith Ford, Washington, NJ Service manager's response was "save all the paperwork, & maybe a recall will be issued in the future".
  3. L

Dual 4.2 inch cluster screens - Climate missing

I'll go that route if I'm ever fortunate enough to get a new Explorer! :) BTW, can you tell me the exact voice command(s) that I would use for this? Really the only time I use voice command is when I'm making a call or occasionally when using the entertainment system.
  4. L

Dual 4.2 inch cluster screens - Climate missing

I use the climate control on my steering wheel every day. Really dislike having to look for climate adjustments on the touch screen.
  5. L

Thank you, Crystal. I just sent you a PM.
  6. L

Here is my experience with the Power Steering Assist Fault: 2011 Explorer XLT with 55,000 miles. Previously no problems with steering, but went in for the initial recall 14S06 in August 2014. March of 2015, experience the fault 3 times (loss of steering ability). Fortunately each time was...
  7. L

iPhone Text Messages

Update: I did a reset on my iphone this morning (holding power & home button at same time), & the text feature on MFT appears to be functioning once again. Though I have not received any texts while driving yet to test it.
  8. L

iPhone Text Messages

I'm also suddenly having the exact same issue as the OP after having updated ios from 7 to 8.1 (iphone 5S). Prior to this, the messaging feature was working perfectly in my 2011 Exp. I've not tried to fix it yet. Just to clarify, you did a reset on the MFT or your phone?
  9. L

Sync Services Subscription Ending

My free subscription expired a few months ago. I decided not to renew. Nice to have, but far from being a necessity for me.
  10. L

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Thank you, Rebecca. I just sent you a PM.
  11. L

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Hi, my account is also saying that I am up to date with version 3.5.1. It wouldn't bother me, but today mine started acting up - crashing and doing several "system maintenance". (I've a 2011)
  12. L

Shuffle turned to OFF, yet still "shuffling"

When I play music through the USB connection with my iPod/iPhone, the music in my playlist gets shuffled even though Shuffle is definitely turned to OFF on MFT. Is there some other setting that I'm missing? This just started happening recently.
  13. L

Major problems AFTER doing Master Reset! What to do now?

Fortunately, unhooking the battery cable cleared up everything. Thank you for the reverse pairing info. I'll keep that in mind for the future.
  14. L

Major problems AFTER doing Master Reset! What to do now?

I had a couple of minor glitches (clock issues, shuffle songs stuck on),so I did a Master Reset. I've done the Master Reset before with no problems --- well not this time. I've had my car for over a year, and this particular cell phone for 7 months, and have never had a problem. Now I can't...
  15. L

Recall???

My letter came today. "Customer Satisfaction Program"? Okaayy. Annoying because I was just there for 2 hours with the Sync Upgrade.
  16. L

Dealer Installed MFT Update

I have an earlier build date - sorry not sure exactly what it is, but I purchased my car Feb. 2011. I'm still running v2.4. SyncMyRide indicates that I have to also print out the form and bring to the dealer for the upgrade.
  17. L

Dog Barrier for Trunk

Yes, I'd be interested in this too. I have 2 dogs. They're pretty good with staying in the back, but every once in awhile will decide to climb over the back seat. I have the Husky liner in the rear, so that helps with the mess, but their hair/fur? does fly all over. Volvo has a gate-type...
  18. L

Voice commands ... do you really use them?

I've had my Ex for about 1 year, and also mostly just use voice commands for phone calls. Sometimes I use it to activate the turn by turn directions. My problem is trying to remember the correct phrasing for some of the other commands, so I get frustrated and end up using the touch screen.
  19. L

TSB? check ....

None for me. Though the A Pillar is just starting to act up. I'm at about 14K.
  20. L

My Explorer is 1 today! - but starting to buzz...

Ahhh....I feel stupid. Thank you for your reply.
  21. L

My Explorer is 1 today! - but starting to buzz...

I've been reading about the A-pillar problems on this forum. My 2011 is just starting to make a buzzing sound at the passenger side. Maybe it waited this long because I don't do a lot of highway driving? It doesn't seem to be as loud as some here describe, but it's annoying to me. Since I...
  22. L

My session with Plaza Research regarding my Explorer

Yes, I was surprised at the email and was a little leery about responding. I only had to give 5 things I liked about the technology in my car, and 5 things that frustrated me. I've already got the payment.
  23. L

My session with Plaza Research regarding my Explorer

I was contacted earlier this month to participate in a paid, in-home, research session. After a couple of phone calls, they determined that I was a good candidate for this. They were especially looking for people with the MFT. The pay was $175. To make a long story short, I ended up being...
  24. L

Sync Services vs Navigation Screen

I would call, and explain the situation. Maybe you can get your money refunded? Or, if not, you shouldn't have to lose your Free 3 years. Even though you're not finding it useful, maybe they could at least add the paid year at the end and make it 4 years.
Back