Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Need Help!!!

We did a complete overhaul, the valve body, and new torque covertor aswell.
  2. J

Need Help!!!

Yes we found a copy of it online and printed it out, but don't remember where we found it.
  3. J

Need Help!!!

Alright to begin I have a 1992 Ford Explorer XLT 4wd. About 5 month ago the Transmission started acting up, not wanting to shift into Drive w/o until I put revered it up to 4k rpms. Then after that it would just shift fine. Reverse worked great with no issues. Then it just complete would...
  4. J

Vapor Lock?

The pickup line is the orginal 3/8, but somewhere between the top of the fuel tank and the filter it changes to 5/16. On the new pump the inlet is 3/8, and the outlet is 5/16. My question is, when I use the orginal line to connect the pump, I had to down size to the 5/16 to connect it to the...
  5. J

Vapor Lock?

We have know about the dual pump system and are currently only using the external high pressure pump's natural draw.
  6. J

Vapor Lock?

We mounted it horizontal ahead of the fuel tank using the stock steel lines to supply the fuel. We have a fuel pressure reading at 40 psi at the beginning of the start and and drive for about 10-20 minutes then looses the pressure completely. Even with the pump still running. Does anyone have...
  7. J

Vapor Lock?

I thank you all for your suggestions, but its my fault that I made you all in thinking we are using the stock replacement. We had a replacement fuel pump when I first bought the 1991 Mazda Navajo LX 4.0L which is one of the "X" model. Now here is what we did after doing the research on fuel...
  8. J

Vapor Lock?

1991 Navajo with a vapor lock problem and we don't know why?
  9. J

Fuel Pump Voltage Problem

Our fuel pump seems to be losing voltage while running. We seem to be losing pressure and power while the engine is running. The fuel pump is strong enough to run the vehicle, but we seem to be losing juice, while it is running. Why is the fuel pump losing power with the engine running...
  10. J

91 navajo needs a little help

Thanks, we order a FPR this morning from rockauto.com.
  11. J

1991 Mazda Navajo LX

Evening, Alright got a small problem, with my Navajo which is the same that elf024119 is talking about. After all the stuff he was talking about, we have found out that the FPR is stuck close. We don't have the money for a new one, so how do we get it unstuck? We've already tried boiling...
Back