Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

How To: Replace a defective sliding door latch.

Thank you, thank you. The price is right, too. Really appreciate. PK
  2. P

How To: Replace a defective sliding door latch.

OK, so I'm not the only one with a door latch problem. I got the sliding door latch off not just once but twice. The first time I welded some hex nuts to the Torx bolts after they stripped out, then did some fancy grinding to make new bolt heads when I put them back. That worked for a few...
  3. P

After action debriefing.

Thank you, BrooklynBay. I will try two turns on the front band. My reading seemed to indicate that it is the double wrap band (4.0 L engine, '91 A4LD), but no harm in trying another time or two. I'm getting pretty efficient at band adjustments now. I will also check the stickies. All...
  4. P

After action debriefing.

Hi all-- A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my prospective valve body rebuild in this thread A4LD low/reverse servo question. I got the van running again yesterday, and have a few test drives on it, and to my mild surprise, it not only works, but it seems noticeably better. Thank...
  5. P

A4LD low/reverse servo question.

With you on that. I think it will come to pass, but as it happens, I don't have one right now ;^) Even better would be renewable ekultricity to charge it with, and we are working on that. Wood chips, for a start. In-stream hydro from the river maybe someday (the ice and floating crap in...
  6. P

Yeah. I thought several times about bigger tires, but it's done now. Odds are the tires will last as long as the van. 5000 miles a year is a lot of driving here. Tires usually fail because they won't hold air rather than actually wearing out. No tire shop here--we buy our tires by mail, and...
  7. P

Hi again, BrooklynBay-- I'm reduced to waiting for parts again on that job. I ordered a batch of stuff on Monday and then realized that I need more check balls because the shift kit calls for one extra. So that puts the reassembly off until sometime next week. Since you mention...
  8. P

Hi BB-- Thanks for the reply, and for the advice. To answer your question, I have a 95 Explorer and a 91 Aerostar. The Aerostar has turned out to be my pilot project because it looks like I might not have to pull the transmission to get it back on the road. Hope it turns out that way...
  9. P

Hi all-- I signed onto this forum weeks ago, as I was planning this job sometime last summer. The software this time told me it was time to post something, and I need a little help and moral support anyway, so here's another intro. My name is Phil Koontz, and I live in Galena, Alaska...
Back