Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Transmission Rev

I have a similar (?) problem. When at highway speeds (60 mph +) I let off the gas at the crest of an uphill climb and then when I press the accelrator to gain speed (e.g. to pass another vehcile) soon after the top of the hill I get a thump from the rear end and jerk, like a hard downshift...
  2. J

Sun Visors

bravesuirrobbin is fortunate. Most with a 2011 limited have the visor problem. Anything past vertical results in a spring loaded movement towards the windshield. So, either you can see nearly nothing in the vertical position or the sun blinds you. The 2012 Explorers do nto have this problem...
  3. J

Headlight adjustment

I am trying to find the phillips head adjusting screw to adjust the headlights on my '11 limited. The owner's manual (p.81) is vague about its location and I can't find anything that accomodates a phillips screwdriver as called for by the manual. The dealer has adjusted twice - once way too...
  4. J

Sun Visors

The sun visor appears to be spring loaded so that if you want the bottom a little towards the windshield from verticle, it "springs" all the way to the windshield. The result is that in order to use it, it has to be pointed nearly straight down thereby blocking most vision forward or the...
  5. J

aiming headlights and auto on

I'm bright enough to trun them on manually - just want to get them working as intended.
  6. J

aiming headlights and auto on

New ltd with 302A. Headlights are too low - overdrive them when traveling at freeway speeds. Dealer says "operating per ford design." Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so, did you get the dealer to re-aim the lights? Also, the auto light switch does not cause the headlights to...
Back