Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Solved 1997 Aerostar. Turn signal multifunction switch replacement.

Mutlifunction signal switch JohnAerostarXLT, you were right, the switch was faulty. Plugged in the old one and had wipers. Bought the replacement from NAPA and they gave me another one and now all is fine. Thanks to you and BrooklynBay for your help. Walter F.
  2. W

I didn't take any pictures but thankfully it was warm and the plastic clamshell was bent in a very unconventional shape. I used the handle of the ratchet to keep the upper part elevated while I put the new part in place. BroolynBay thanks again for for your advice. WalterF
  3. W

Multifunction signal switch Thanks John AerostarXLT. Between you and BrooklynBay I am in. JNow the wipers not working except with washer cycle. Going to locate relay and fuse. WalterF
  4. W

signal light multifunction switch Thank you BrooklynBay. between you and John I have managed to get the new switch in place but now the wipers do not work....except when I push the windshield washer button. Going to check and fuse and see if I can find the relay. Thanks. WalterF
  5. W

Turn signal multifunctional switch Thanks BrooklynBay. So I do need to remove the steering wheel to get at this beast. WalterF
  6. W

Trying to replace this signal switch. Looked through the threads. Removed the three screws for the plastic cover in front of the steering wheel and can't seem to get any further. Can't remove this clamshell as it is blocked by the ignition switch. Not sure if I should take off the steering...
  7. W

My 1997 Aerostar might need a new ignition switch.

Thanks BrooklynBay. Crawled under that sucker yesterday at -15 and tried to check the wiring. I have no idea how one is going to get the starter out without removing some of the exhaust system and possibly the front drive shaft on the 1997 4.0 litre all wheel drive aerostar. Did see some...
  8. W

Brooklyn Bay I checked the wire from the ignition switch to the starter relay ( pulled the wire off the relay) with a multimeter. I had 12 + volts. Left the wire off and then shorted accross the two large terminal on the relay with a screwdriver hoping it would turn over, just heard a single...
  9. W

1997 4.0 Aerostar XLT Started vehicle fired up as normal. Shut it off and tried to start.... nothing. Battery 2 months old fully charged. No signs of anything amiss. Where do I start? New to the game. WalterF
  10. W

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

Aerostar Owner Bought a 1997 4.0 L AWD extended Aerostar in 1999. While I have had some problems it has been a great family vehicle for me and my two boys. We are a canoeing family and before that my wife and I were never sure what was going to pop out of the old Volvo station wagon... paddle...
  11. W

Just new to the forum. Live in the Yukon. Alaska is my neighbour for those who are not aware of where the Yukon is. Off the beaten track. Have a 1997 4.0 L Aerostar , started first click today. Turned if off for a minute and didn't start. Ignition switch has been acting funny as it has not been...
Back