Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Your CB Radio Install

Cobra - what kind of a deck is that you have in your X, looks great.
  2. M

Your CB Radio Install

digger, the hand held piece just plugs into a powersource. What about an antaneaa....
  3. M

Your CB Radio Install

digger, is the hand held part the entire thing.... then you just plug it in to thepower outlet.... how do you hook up the antanea...
  4. M

steering broke in drive through, picts

is grade 5 or 8 stronger, is there any reason to go stronger than those two on bolts.....
  5. M

Custom Full Length Diamondplate Skidplate!!

what kind fo a shop would I take the diamond plate to to get it bent? Also, did you figure out the angle of your bend yourself, or did you cut it to length, then tell them to bend it so that it would fit....Thanks in advance, and soory, totally missed the thickness in the above posts.
  6. M

Question: Leaf springs, do you remove the brackets?

any ideas where I would start looking to see if there are any adverse affects on the springs by welding on them, would simply removing the spring pack clamps, and replacing them with the "open-top" u clamps, improve flex in the rear on the stock springs. Also, Im going to be upgrading to a set...
  7. M

Question: Leaf springs, do you remove the brackets?

The U brackets are an awesome idea, quesiton though. Im assuming welding to your leaf springs could have adverse affects on how it flexes..cant think of any other way to attach them though.
  8. M

Custom Full Length Diamondplate Skidplate!!

That looks awesome, im prolly going to end up doing that myself. How much did it cost to have the bend made. How thick is the diamond plate, would there be any reason to go thicker.
  9. M

Rear Under-seat Construction

Expo - wouldnt happen to have apicture of a PS2 in the center console, would you.. You talking about in the arm rest?
  10. M

JBA headers

Alec - Thanks, I had assumed the same, but there is no price difference between the two and wanted to be shure before I spent that much money.
  11. M

v6 4.0l headers???

From his post,he seems to be in desire of sound more than power, Perpahs people could list their experience with sound change form a header install....I was unaware that headers changed your exhaust tone.
  12. M

JBA headers

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me sort through the mess that JBA calls a product line. I have a 2001 sport trac, 4.0 SOHC. I want to get a set of headers, but am planning on a supercharger in the future. JBA has so many different coating, clorings, and materials, that I cant figure...
  13. M

SUPER CHARGERS IN HAND!!!!

ipozestu - Thanks a ton for that website, TONS of stuff to read up on there...by the way my girlfriend hates you for sending that link :)
  14. M

Anyone know a close estimate as to how close Vortech is with the SOHC model....I was following explorer expresses progress,and they are almost done. But the Vortech adds an AMAZING look to the 4.0. I would much rather go that route, assuming power gains would be close to each other...
  15. M

Is the chromed version, the same pipes as above, just chromed by an aftermarket chromer....that looks AMAZING.....
  16. M

desert only truck...what kind of reg....

what kind of "paperwork" do I need for the vehicle in order to get the green sticker......
  17. M

84 ranger frame

Theres nowhere to really mud too close to me, Down in Chula Vista theres a couple good spots that are only there in the winter, I go to school in Racho Cucamonga, so thats where I would be tearing it up.
  18. M

desert only truck...what kind of reg....

What kind of registration, if any, do I need for a truck that will see ONLY desert driving....?
  19. M

84 ranger frame

Hey I was wondering if anyone here knew of a source that I could find out the strength of an 84 ranger frame. Im trying to figure out if the frame will be strong enough to build a nasty muddin machine out of.
  20. M

Interested in a Full Floating 8.8?

Thnx for the wilwood link. Will a kit made for a mustang with an 8.8" rear work?
  21. M

why are 4.88's a problem with an auto?
  22. M

No, Im still not shure whether I want a 4.56 or a 4.88, and Im still trying to decide on a locker, the ABR one looks nice, but it is so expensive. If I went with w normal locker I could have it regeared and locked by haloween. If not....itll be a while. The shop I would be having do it is...
  23. M

Portal rear

a "Portal Rear" was mentioned in another thread by a member, I have no clue what this is. Anyone care to take a shot at explaining....
  24. M

I agree - It makes absolutely NO sense to return back to drum brakes, but someone at Ford must have been having a bad day when they made that decision. Ill try my best to get a pic tomorow.
  25. M

ford 8.8" strength

The dual shock hoops wre custom made, they cost me 200 bucks each for the hoops, and the fabrication of the lower mounts ( he re-did my lower a-arms, i believe i posted a pic of that also), but your stock a-arms might not be wide enough for the dual shcok set-up, you might have to replace your...
Back