Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Lemon Law

Hi All . I have been reading ongoing for the last while yet not posting. Not to Hijack this thread in any way. I finally was fed up with all the little things that were never right or could not be made right in my 2011 LTD that I got rid of it last week. The dealer I work with for the last 25...
  2. S

Door trim misalignment with the dash

I had two different 2013 EXP XLTs last week as rentals, both of the cars have the same mis alignment as my 2011 LTD , as well as huge gaps between the door and dash. This is not as much an assembly issue as much as a design issue. I am looking at getting a 2013 MKX as I will not need as big a...
  3. S

Mft upgrade

Go to sync my ride , loggin or register your EX if you have not already done do , go to updates, it may prompt you first to go to status checker ,to check the version you now have , after you do this in your ex , it will tell you tat you have an available up date , load the up date to a USB...
  4. S

Mft upgrade

go to get upgrades .most up to date version is 3.2.2. not just for nav equipt cars .
  5. S

Mft upgrade

Just finished up . The only other difference I see is that there is more stuff re navigation in the settings, othet than the temp.
  6. S

Mft upgrade

Hi Peter. The upload on to my USB took about 20 minutes or so , I am already at appx half hour in loading onto MFT. I will let you know what up dates there are , other than the Temp back on to the main screen (that we know already). If there is anything that is obvious .
  7. S

Mft upgrade

Seems to be a new performance upgrade 3.2.2, also available on the Edge as well . Read erlier that it places the temp back on the main screen , and a few other things as well.
  8. S

Mft upgrade

Hi All . I just read on the FLEX forum that some members have updated there 2013 with a new MFT UPGRADE. Any ideas as to we are getting one. Thx Shoe
  9. S

sync stopped talking to me

The only sure fire way to get it all back in line is to do a master reset. Shoe
  10. S

Consumer Reports Article on MFT

Cant argue to much with what Consumers report says here about MY FORD TOUCH. I have had the update , and while touch commands are much better still not great , the voice recognition for commands etc still sucks large, and does not recognise what is said 80% of the time . I was at the GM dealer...
  11. S

Cleaning & Conditioner for Leather Seats

Hi Peter all is well thanks . Always trolling the threads , see if there is something interesting going on.
  12. S

Cleaning & Conditioner for Leather Seats

The leather that is used in our explorers is what we call in the shoe industry corrected leather , or PU leather. This is a very inexpensive piece of leather with a coating , that gives the leather a much higher quality look to it than it really is. You can use either a leather cleaner on it or...
  13. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I finally got my car back to the dealer this afternoon. The SA that aia deal with and the Trim Tech , both looked and all they could do was @$#^%$&*up and down about this TSB and Ford the way they have not come up with a suitable fix. They are fixing and re fixing minimum 12 per month. They are...
  14. S

Had mine fixed 2 weeks ago.Was on the highway yesterday and it was making the same fluttering noise x3 much louder than before. I stopped for gas and bought a roll of black electrical tape.Placed it up and down the A pillar casket moulding and all quiet. Will take the car back latter this week.
  15. S

AWD vs FWD

I live in Toronto and drive a 2011 FWD LIMITED, standard 20 in tires. I have never had an issue with FWD and have never used snowes either. Just drive within the means of the weather and you will not have an issue. Also had a 2009 FLEX LIMITED FWD, same thing.AWD and terrain control is cool, but...
  16. S

Received my letter from Ford - Cooling Fan reprogram

Brought mine in yesterday to get the A piller fixed, and MFT update. My dealer was pro active and took care of the service bulleten on the their own .They replaced all the fans and re programmed the fan PCM as well.
  17. S

My Radio Kept Playing After I left My Vehicle .... Odd...

I hAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN WITH MINE MANY TIMES AS WELL ,BOTH MFT VERSIONS. I JUST RESTART THE ENGINE AND THEN SHUT OFF.
  18. S

Door trim misalignment with the dash

I just came back from getting mt car serviced and to have the A pillar and door trim looked at. As for the A pillar, the tech told me that he needs to call ford , as he has seen a few of these , but has not had any luck to date in getting a fix that works. For the door alignment he took off the...
  19. S

General Motors My Link

Thx Sarg. Yes you are right . There are a few videos out there , it was the Caddy system that I was looking at. And yes this does at the moment seem to be a much smoother system from the short video.
  20. S

General Motors My Link

I agree that I like the screen and ability to change functions with MFT. My link as well is not voice control as Ford Touch, just stating the swiftness of the system as shown on the video, when touch screen is utilized.
  21. S

General Motors My Link

I just watched a short video on GM INSIDE NEWS.COM on their new my link system. This system is as fast as an i pad in terms of connectivity and reaction to touch on the screen, this is what my ford touch hopefully will be like with the up grade in the next 2 months or so. If not Ford will...
  22. S

2012 Ford Explorer Limited - First Impressions

Hi Calb. Congrats on your new ride. I have been dealing with this dealer now for the last 7 years or so , they are generally speaking very good people to deal and work with . I deal with Paul Carlucci, who is the head sales manager there, I get a straight price from him off the top always , and...
  23. S

2011 ltd early april build, have 10,000 klm heard the noise for the first time this week while on the highway, thought someone was farting , and i was alone . At least i know what the issue is . Will take mine in next week. Also noticed for the first time a loud tinny sound from the back hatch...
  24. S

FWD vs. 4WD

Prior to my new X FWD I have owned FLEX FWD ,and ESCAPE AWD. When driving the Flex I never had a REAL issue with it being FWD. Moral of the story being if you drive careful in rough weather, you will be fine with FWD. It all comes down to being a careful driver or a road jockey.
  25. S

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

UPDATE. 3.08 PM . All Complete . MFT is up and running , and Sync my ride said installation sucsessful. Fingers crossed this is works better than 2.8
Back