Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

engine timing tools needed 4.0 SOHC

building and doner ... last year or so have been rebuilding the older explorer as this was one I had at time with good body and the rest not bad...... during early stages managed to get another (2000 model) and used this for about 10 months but it had been hard used previously compared to one...
  2. U

timing tools never thought of this....... do just about 99% car stuff myself, and regularly build and modify for easier to procure bits...... I have a second car (now doner) with good engine so will build the tools to set on that and can tranfer to the new engine rebuild anything you need...
  3. U

3rd generation explorer engine rebuild

ebay yes much same as that... just put a bid in there for it....... leather interior !!!!
  4. U

big stick yes, manual box was the big ticket for me ........ go have a drink n dream now...... some day you to will have one :)
  5. U

steering wheel !!! yes RHD model, and its a manual.... hence the buy .... other 6 or so explorers all auto...... very good internally, slight wear on top passenger and driver door cards...not damaged, just slightly different colour front wings havs small area of corrosion at plastic...
  6. U

oops...valve collet wanted

stripping out head, put spring compressor on and one collet went "ping" into the bowels of shed can anyone out there help me if you have "one" spare collet for a valve you could sell offer me have another engine but relectant to strip out just for collet as running with no rattles........
  7. U

well treated myself to a 3rd generation explorer..... cheaper as with rattly chain... bought way down in England, trailer ride home and still happy with car, boy the rattle from engine massive, I mean massive!!! Anyway started to strip out couple weekends ago and finally yesterday after...
  8. U

Oh yes please... would be good, engine crane came today, built so will have engine out by Sat heads all cleaned ready for re-build ... they were removed last weekend engine check to see all OK inside weekend when out mind you expecting snow here weekend so will see how work progresses
  9. U

Before I go and spend another dollop on money, does anyone have the locking tools that I could hire to do my engine rebuild .......... forgot to say 2003 4.0 SOHC willing to pay deposit, postage etc genuine request or if not.... selling
  10. U

Scottish Explorer Breaking

dont panis, building a generation 2 so have a second one for spares Just bought a Generation 3 and having to rip out engine to fix the chains...... need money for this as cannot afford two builds... why do I do this in winter !!!! Anyway if you need anything just shout ...cheap can...
  11. U

uk generation 3 addition to collection.... with chain issue

well got the chance of a 3rd generation exolorer XLT.... and jumped... came with rattly chain, not heard anything like that in an engine running before !!!!! well all ancillaries out, heda off .... boy was that difficult..... so many wires, mind you the LPG set up with hoses, wires etc did...
  12. U

who fixes engines now?

noisy chain mine 3/4 way through strip out... few garaqges said no, others said yes with a bill up to £3K..... massive strip out but moving well now get ready to get dirty as they say
  13. U

project status and next stages

well after getting car into new tent!! temp garage and its still standing after wind recently completed the next stages build 1. all new brake pipes 2. re-routed rear axle pipes and axle to body pipes 3. built stainless braided hoses all round 4. new pads front and rear 5. new discs front...
  14. U

For Sale LPG Kit

monies what kinda monies are we talking here
  15. U

summit different

well finally got fed up working out there in cold especially up here in sunny Aberdeen so got myself one of those temporary garages great once up ....correctly ..... and after a few mods so car down onto wheels, into new "tent" .... and found no power steering.... back on axle stands and...
  16. U

F*cking Rant - Why Can't Things Be Simple? :mad:

same with me on rear but bought a set of worn nut extractors ie when placed on nut they have a lh thread so the try to cut into nut and hey presto nut off lower bolts this was a grinder job to remove.......
  17. U

rear shocks wanted

looking out to all if anyone has a decent pair of rear shocks , original air support system type for a 98 / 99 explorer...... will pay and pay shipping if you would shove in a box for me please be nice
  18. U

rear shocks wanted

well now getting round to rebuilding explorer and found existing shocks weeping out from rusty cans....... does anyone have a good pair of rear air shocks for sale.....
  19. U

uk lifting shackles

another option pink gorilla not responding as I asked a while ago so I'm going for add a leaf and a small shackle extension as this will not leave the "ugly" big shackle visible still have to make my own shackle though
  20. U

uk lifting shackles

lift shackle very intrtested if you are still looking to or have made these units, what lift are you expecting with them?? Was going to make some for myself but at this cost seems no reason to D
  21. U

lucky white heather !!!!

leaving house for airport last week and got to end of country road and car showing signs of overheating, gues what I am on way to airport heading for Dubai....... home and call on neighbour for lift yesterday home and under bonnet.... radiator lower suppoer frame seems to be snapped and the...
  22. U

ABS Gremlins

still trying I know what you mean by perceverance..... its been two weeks or so since fitting refurb calipers etc..... even refitted old units but still the same .......
  23. U

ABS Gremlins

Done masses work to 2000 explorer and running a dream, evrything seems to work now, even heater blower after mods, but still issues with brake bleeding and ABS I read that earlier explorers need garage with dianostic tool to exercise ABS whilst bleeding, but did read later models dont. I see...
  24. U

fu---n crappy sellers

getting better Yes finally have it running a treat, so smooth and quick, even off standing start and fuel consumption excellent;) gave up with LPG for the moment:thumbdwn: Just got ABS to sort and spngy brakes..... after pipes n caliper changes .... ABS seems electrically dead so will be...
  25. U

fu---n crappy sellers

what next two new front bearings, rear dont have play , speedo works perfect, seems to be dead ABS ie no power to unit, initial look fuses ok so gonna have a better look at weekend car idles not bad far a little then hunts and might or might not settle down, but for driving nippiest explorer...
Back