Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

navajo with problems

If I replace the ecu does it have to be from a navajo or can I use one from an explorer?
  2. E

navajo with problems

can not get codes when the tester is attached the cell just stays on solid no blinks at all. no blinks on testor and a solid beep. I believe the ecm self test has shorted out. The only sensor that seams to be effected by the new problem is the tps. since the cel has come on thair is no juice...
  3. E

navajo with problems

ok I've been chasing issues around this nav for over a month now and figured out some but not all. Now the fuel problem is all but gone but the check engine light is on and it wont let me do a self tes either key on or off. no longer having the fuel starvation problem except when the external...
  4. E

Vapor Lock?

The pump is cool to the touch, the inlet is cool and the outlet is about the same. Without a temp meter I truly can't tell much of a difference. The specs "Multi-port EFI systems need stable fuel supply at any rpm, and Summit's High-Flow electric fuel pump supplies it. With a clog-resistant...
  5. E

mechanic working on 91 navajo vapor lock

yes the pump can draw on a empty line. I have completly replaced the line from the tank to the pump with 3/8 steel line. It has improved a bit but it still has a vapor lock condition after it gets hot. As long as the engine is cold the pressure @ the rail is 40 psi. Once it get's to op-temp the...
  6. E

Vapor Lock?

yes the pump can draw on a empty line. I have completly replaced the line from the tank to the pump with 3/8 steel line. It has improved a bit but it still has a vapor lock condition after it gets hot. As long as the engine is cold the pressure @ the rail is 40 psi. Once it get's to op-temp the...
  7. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

thanks for the help sofar. on a lighter side I won a coke from the guy at advance today. he was insisting it was my egr valve sticking. this engine does't have an egr. we walked out to the nav and popped the hood he looked all over the place for it and wala no egr valve. It's a canadian.
  8. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

yah me too. this is my 3rd 4.0l. my 91 exploder I had 10 years ago needed on then it was only $35. then my 94 ex-pos 5 years ago was $55. now this one is $85. wow bad inflation.
  9. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

Beck/Arnley Fuel Injector Pressure Regulator Part No. 158-0339 $97.79 @ advance auto parts Gp-Sorensen/Fuel Pressure RegulatorPrice:$81.99 Part Number: 800-173 @ auto zone
  10. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

Found a stuck FPR no fuel returning to the tank. Any way to clean or unjam the FPR? I don't have the money to buy a $94 FPR at advance or autoz. Local yard near Greenville S.C. don't have any 90 to 98 explorers or any other 4.0l vehicles at this tme. Our local LKQ pick and pull will not sell us one.
  11. E

91 navajo needs a little help

Thank you Mr Shorty. I found today that the fuel pressure reg is stuck closed. Not returning fuel to the tank at all. the symptom of having air not fuel was because the pump cavitates and once the liquid fuel is used up just vapor remains. Is thair anyplace I can get a cheaper than $94...
  12. E

ok got my 91 navajo running finally put new external fuel pump (summit 45lbs) but it acasionally just shuts off or goes week. lots of fuel pressure around 35-45 lbs. this same thing use to happen to my 91 xlt so I just put a switched jummper wire from the fuse box to the hot on the fuel pump...
  13. E

ok got my 91 navajo running finally put new external fuel pump (summit 45lbs) but it acasionally just shuts off or goes week. lots of fuel pressure around 35-45 lbs. this same thing use to happen to my 91 xlt so I just put a switched jummper wire from the fuse box to the hot on the fuel pump...
  14. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

ok got new maf sensor today. put it in then still not running rite. now the codes read. 12 Idle Speed Control motor or Air Bypass not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low) 13 (R) Idle Speed Control motor or Air Bypass not controlling idle properly (generally idle too high)...
  15. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

I'm gonna take a wild guesse that the housing is shot. And I need a new one but will an explorer housing work with this navajo since Advaceauto insits that I need the "AAZ-74-9504. for proper calibration.
  16. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

inside the housing is nothig just the screen between the filter housing and the maf.
  17. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

It has the original navajo housing " I think " with a F07F-12b579-A2B sensor screwed on it their is nothing conecting the sensor to the housing other than the 2 screws that hold it on. under the sensor is nothing but a hole vane tha goes into the housing
  18. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

This is my 3rd explorer type vehicle my first was a 1991 explore xlt 2wd. second was a 1994 ext that was rotton body wise. now this 91 navajo
  19. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

The MAF sensor does not have the usual fine wires in it. I do know that the previous owner didn't have a clue what he was doing when it started having problems, hence the wrong TPS, and many other small things that weren't fixed properly.
  20. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

since the tps had to be specific for a Navajo does the maf also have to be a stock Navajo part. It currently has a (F07F-12B579-A2B) maf sensor, the Mazda number is 74-9504.
  21. E

maf sensor for 91 navajo

My 91 Navajo I just got Was sugared befor I got it. Since I got it I have put a new external (fuel pump, SUMMIT) fit for fuel injection, 45 psi to 55 psi, new filter cleaned all 6 injectors, (new plugs, wires, coil pack, Accel parts). New fpr, new vac lines, new tps cause the previous owner had...
Back