Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

MFT Update

I thought Ford was sending out a flash drive so we could update MFT on our own, along with a new SD card for nav unit. I just received a letter from Ford telling me I had to take my X in to have the update performed. Did something change? Now instead of doing this on my own I have to take it...
  2. S

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

Does not happen when the vehicle is stopped. Normally happens, if it's going to happen, almost immediately after starting to drive, then goes away in a few seconds.
  3. S

110 Volt Problem

That's the problem.
  4. S

Squealing Noise When Wet, Belt?

Squealing Sound - Brakes or Fan Belt? I posted about this a long while back, but never figured out what it is. Recently with the crazy weather we've been having, I've seen more often than not, when it's wet out, I hear the same squeal. From past experience, to me it sounds like it might be a...
  5. S

110 Volt Problem

dupe post
  6. S

110 Volt Problem

Anyone else with a limited have trouble with the 110 volt outlet behind the center console? We mainly try to use this to let our kids charge phones and other devices, but more often than not, the connection isn't secure enough to allow for a charge. If you wiggle the plug around, you may get...
  7. S

Squeak/Squeal coming from rear of X (not a mouse)

A few more things to note....this is a Limited. Since this was the first time we've heard this, it did rain a ton today here in Upstate NY - thought not the first time we've had heavy rain. The sound system was not on. Rear wiper was off. That scared me a few weeks ago...rear wiper on dry...
  8. S

Squeak/Squeal coming from rear of X (not a mouse)

Today my wife got home from shopping saying the X (11,000 miles) was squealing every 2 minutes or so on the drive home from the city. Since that isn't all that specific I just took it our for a couple mile drive. Wouldn't you know, within about a minute I heard what sounded like a...
  9. S

Black screen on 2011 Ford Explorer.

I tried to find the fuse box the other day to clear my black screen - first one in 11,000 miles that didn't clear itself. I gave up trying to find the fuse box under where the driver's feet go, so just unhooked the batteries negative cable. Worked like a charm.
  10. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I've only heard this rattle once or twice in the 9,000 miles or so I've put on our X. The funny thing is, I was driving our Odyssey last week, and guess what I heard? An A-pillar buzzing that sounded just like the X's. Good to know it's not just the X, but seems to be something more common...
  11. S

My Explorer Overheated

I was out of that TSB date range and had the problem - overheated while out of state while at a soccer tournament. I've already recommended everyone test this - just wait for a warm day and let your X idle in the driveway with AC on Max. You can either watch to see if your fan turns on, or...
  12. S

How to reset the Oil Monitor sensor

Just had to run out for milk so checked this. Here's the proper path - Settings > Vehicle > Reset Oil Life (it's almost the last option) Then just select what % you want to set it to.
  13. S

Air conditioning-how good is it?

Just a heads up, if your AC ever starts to feel like it's not blowing cold air, you better check your cooling fan and make sure it's spinning. I just got stung with the defective cooling fan issue (there is a TSB on it) and it lead to first my AC blowing basically warm air, followed soon after...
  14. S

How to reset the Oil Monitor sensor

Just did my first oil change a few weeks ago and it took me forever to figure this out. I'm still not sure the exact steps, but it's in the left LCD menu and not the one you are looking at. I'm sure someone will post here before I next am in my X (pouring rain outside now). But play in the...
  15. S

High Pitch Sound From Engine

I was one of those FB posters. I started hearing the high pitched noise about 2 weeks ago. This past weekend my fan must have failed because my engine overheated while idling with AC on. Anyone hearing that high pitched noise may want to test their fan by leaving X idling in drive with AC on...
  16. S

My Explorer Overheated

Engine Overheating Just an FYI - I just experienced this overheating issue on our 2011 Limited X while at a Soccer tournament with the family in VT this past weekend. For the record, I have just over 8,000 miles on the vehicle. We had hit just about every light on the main drag to the fields...
  17. S

MFT - Adding single contacts to phonebook

Has anyone been able to add individual contacts to MFT after syncing your phone? I have an HTC Touch Pro 2, and while I'm able to sync my entire phone book, I'm not able to add single contacts. When I click on the Add button, nothing happens. I'd like to be able to add the few personal...
  18. S

Adaptive Cruise Control question

I was using the Adaptive Cruise on the way home from N. Carolina in heavy traffic that was going at a pretty good clip, but would slow occasionally. I was worried about this so each time the cruise slowed me down, if the guy behind me was close, I'd tap my brakes to let them know I was slowing...
  19. S

Some shine better.

Wax and sealer. Check out this thread from a while back that has some good information and links on care products - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309201
  20. S

iPhone/USB Cable routing?

I'll have to look again, I must have missed it. Makes sense to put the cut-outs in the console with only 1 outlet, and not the one with 4.
  21. S

iPhone/USB Cable routing?

This is an obvious oversight in the design. There should be a cut out in both this area, and the middle console for a cable to pass through. For me it's the power cord to our radar detector, so to date we've just had to leave the front compartment open. I forget which, but when we test drive...
  22. S

Buckets or bench?

We went with a bench on our Limited. With a family of 6, we needed the extra seat to be able to take one of the kids' friends with us, or use the extra seat to be able to put down 1 side of the 3rd row if we needed extra room while out.
  23. S

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Rain noise appears to be coming from rain hitting the very front part of the roof (where it slopes down to meet the windshield). They must be using a different material, or did not insulate it the same as the rest of the roof. It is not coming from the entire roof from what I can tell.
  24. S

Sony Radio

So far, I think I prefer the stereo setting. The surround so far I've used doesn't sound right.
  25. S

Is buying under MSRP possible on the Explorer?

I worked at a Ford dealer for about 6 months when I first moved back to the East Coast so I know how things work. I felt paying $1,200 over invoice for a near $50,000 in high demand car was fair price. That included my trade which I think I got a fair deal on also. I think I might have gotten...
Back