Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

02-05 Custom Front Bumper

I like, would like to see how it mounts to frame. Also would you be able to use a winch with it.
  2. R

August EF Lottery

Mountains of East TN (lost photos)
  3. R

Which mfg to choose on new hubs?

I use auto extra hubs, got them from summit racing for about 102$. I have had them for about 3 years, no problems.
  4. R

Mike's 2004 XLT

Decided I would update about the explorer, now as Quicklifts with spacers. I installed 4.10 gears, spartan locker in the rear. 285/75/16 grabber at2's. Rola roof rack, custom sliders.Next to to do I am working on installing a winch. Here's a couple pics.
  5. R

Blacked out grill

Heres mine
  6. R

Btf uca/ lift help

I replaced them with adjustable ones from eibach.
  7. R

Btf uca/ lift help

Do you have the adjustable camber kit? Mine did this at first, than I got a alignment, I had to much camber at the top, after they adjusted it it pulled my knuckle away from the spring.
  8. R

What kind of motor oil do you use?

Royal Purple and motorcraft filter.
  9. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Quicklifts and ebay spacers.
  10. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Cleaned the Explorer up today
  11. R

Biggest tire that will fit on a 2003 explorer

I have 285/75/16's on mine.
  12. R

Gear Pattern

Can someone look at these and tell me what you think of the pattern? I have a .030 pinion shim and .010 backlash. Coast side Drive side Coast side pattern left on gear Drive side pattern left on gear
  13. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Looking good.
  14. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

If your talking about the the front, it is a universal KC light bar, i ordered it from summit racing.
  15. R

Gear pattern.

Very smooth and quiet. Thanks.
  16. R

Gear pattern.

Alright what do think of this? Backlash is .010, pinion shim is .036. Drive Coast
  17. R

Gear pattern.

They will after I add the .005-.006 to each side for preload.They are new Motive gears.
  18. R

Gear pattern.

That's what I am doing, I am also putting pressure on the flange. So far they very smooth and quiet. Pinion preload is at 20in/lbs right now at set up, no crush sleeve. I have a .215 carrier shim ring side, .298 non ring side. Thanks for the help.
  19. R

Gear pattern.

Will do, thanks.
  20. R

Gear pattern.

Alright how does this look? Pinion shim is .038, backlash is .012. Drive side Coast side
  21. R

Gear pattern.

I have the magnetic base, but mine is a 2004 irs, so I have the aluminum housing. So I use one of my diff cover bolt holes and mount my dial. It will screw into the hole. The backlash as a range of .008 to .012. I have .010 right now. I have a .030 thousands pinion shim, it is the one that was...
  22. R

Gear pattern.

I meant 0.10 backlash. I know, wish I could afford one but that's not happening, that's why I was asking if anybody thought the pinion looked shallow. The marking looks to close to the top, I was wondering if anybody agreed.
  23. R

Gear pattern.

Can someone look at this pattern and tell me what you think? My backlash is at .10. I think the pinion is still to shallow. I have a .30 shim on it now. Drive side Coast side Any advice would be appreciated.
  24. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Wish I could say the same about mine, I have had them balanced twice, still have a vibration. I have already replaced the inner and outer tie rods, thinking my bearings are the culprit. Well I am installing 4.56 gears this weekend so i will go through everything and check it.
  25. R

August EF Lottery

Back