Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Vibration / Hum From The Dash

Update. My dealer fixed the bad wind/ac noise described by BethesdaEC above. They said that they removed the air intake box for the a/c which is under the hood back by the firewall. They reinstalled it making sure all of the connectors were tight and that did the trick. I took it for a test...
  2. C

Vibration / Hum From The Dash

BethesdaEC, I have the exact same issue. It's in the shop now. The tech took a ride and heard the noise. They are going to look into it Monday. We think it's coming from under the hood and the noise will stop if you turn on the max air. That shows it's coming from the outside air into the a/c...
  3. C

MFT Update

My dealer told me that the latest MFT update would be mailed to me. FORD told me that it would not be mailed but to take it in to my dealer to have them do it. I tried to down load it but my internet connection was too slow and it would not work. I finally convinced the dealer to do it. As of...
  4. C

Streaky Windows

Nov. build with STREAKS. It's my wifes ride and it is driving her nuts and then she drives me nuts about it. Ford, please help find a cure.
  5. C

Finally picked it up!!!

I glad you got things worked out with your dealer. Nice ride. I find it hard to trust most dealers. It sounds to me like they tried to bate you in saying the motor was bad knowing that it was not. They could have made a quick buck off of you.
  6. C

Options you miss from your XLT

I miss homelink. Our XLT has the auto lift gate:)
  7. C

sync status checker

Yada yada yada That is what created my problem. My dealer updated my MFT and I went home, got online to see what they updated and found the vin # error. I was at the dealer with an appointment for the update for four hours:mad: I'm in no hurry to go back until something more critical is wrong.
  8. C

sync status checker

When I log on, it says that I need to confirm my vin #. I was told to down load the sync status checker. It down loaded just fine to my flash drive, the Ex took it just fine but when I put the flash drive back in my laptop it will NOT report back to sync successfully. I'm stuck with a vin# that...
  9. C

Brochure Private Cash

The coupon MUST be used at the time the paperwork is signed. It would help if the dealer knows that you have the coupon asap so they will not have to rework the paperwork. When we got our ex. the coupon was in the mail, I didn't know if I got the $750 or not so I called Corp. and they looked my...
  10. C

Wind Buffeting Noise When Window Open!!!

The noise has to do with the "aerodynamics" of newer vehicles. We have to sacrifice noise for better mpg.
  11. C

Sync ver 2.6?

4/1/2011 Took my EX in and the dealer said he just got a letter from Ford and my Ex was in deed in need of a major update. I have 2.4 and assume the upgrade was 2.7. He said it takes about 1 1/2 hours to do. Four hours later they said that they were having trouble getting my Ex to take the...
  12. C

Closing the hood...

On mine, I just let the weight of the hood slam shut. It seams to do the trick.
  13. C

Sync ver 2.6?

It sounds like a catch 22 for FORD. OK, there is a software problem as these new Ex's as come off of the assembly line: A) Should FORD put all of these Ex's on hold at the factory where there is no room to keep them and *&##off everyone until they can fix them or B) Keep them moving and let the...
  14. C

Oh No... I'm going to have to ORDER!

My dealer told me that customer orders will always go in front of dealer stock orders. My guess is that your dealer is trying to make you feel better by telling you what he did. My wife couldn't wait on an order so we went with a dealer locate/trade and got just what we wanted the next day. Good...
  15. C

Picking the Ex up - the Good and the Bad...

Nice story David M. The day before we were to pick our Ex up my brochure had not arrived yet. I called Ford Corp. and they confirmed that I had the $750 rebate and they told me to call my dealer and they could look it up online and get all of the numbers needed. I don't think they liked me...
  16. C

Flasher button, bad placement

Our button is recessed but you can still turn it on by accident. Build date of 11/23/11. Not a big deal, we have not had it long and will adjust to it. So far we love our Ex.
  17. C

Flasher button, bad placement

Minor problem, my wife and I both keep turning the flashers on by accident. I suppose we will get used to the placement of the button. I feel like Ford should have put the button in a better place. Anyone else have this problem?
  18. C

hitch receiver standard?

If your just going to haul a bike, you should be fine with an aftermarket hitch and save alittle $$. But if your going to tow any kind of trailer, the tow package is a must in my book. For $570 bucks, you will get a Class III hitch, select shift auto tranny, engine oil cooler (must have if you...
  19. C

window sticker, date when built?

Thanks guys. I'm picking up my new XLT on Tuesday. It looks like it was built on 11/22/10. It also looks like I might be asking for trouble since it's an early build date. We will see.
  20. C

window sticker, date when built?

Can you tell when my 2011 Explorer was built by the window sticker? Is it coded in some of the numbers some were? I can't pick it up until next week. Thanks.
  21. C

Hey guys and gals, I'm another new kid on the block. We are picking up our new 2011 Red Candy XLT 4WD next week. You will be glad to know that we drove a Flex but my wife liked the Explorer better. This will be her's so we bit the bullet and signed the bottom line. Looking forward to picking it...
Back