Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Dual Moon roof Rattle

I have ~6500 miles. I started to notice it around 4k
  2. B

Dual Moon roof Rattle

+1, the dealer said they could not duplicate it, seems to be geting worse. Mine sounds like it is from the front roof.... Time for another trip in...
  3. B

how to leave keys in the car and use keyless entry

Peter, Did you have a chance to try this? I left my keys in the car for 30 min and was still able start it
  4. B

Hey Cory, The manual states: "When fully armed (after the 20 second pre-arm mode), any IA keys (if equipped) found inside the vehicle are disabled/inoperable and will not start the engine." (p.157) This does not seem to work for myself and others. Is there a setting somewhere that we...
  5. B

MFT 2.11 is an improvement!

On my last visit to the dealer they installed v2.11 to address a couple issues (I had v2.8). I have not recieved any NAV SD faults and the system seems to load up much quicker. One interesting note - The dealer tried installing v2.11 on a previous visit and they we having internet...
  6. B

Driver's door holding water

After some heavy rains here in CT, I have found that if the X is parked on a level surface, I get a fair amount of water pouring out from the bottom of my door when I first open it.
  7. B

I tried this when I got the X (v2.8), and it did NOT work. I left the FOB in the X for an hr, opened the door, foot on brake and she started right up. I now have v2.11 and have not tried this again...
  8. B

anyone else want to drive their car into a lake?

I use my GPS as a tool, not a crutch. On more than one occasion I have been very disappointed with the GPS in my X. Much of it could have to do with the software. My biggest issue - Give Us The ability to use the touch screen while driving. While my system boots up fairly quick (v2.7), the...
  9. B

Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again?

Yes... I some issues with the MFT (Nav, phone, random strangeness like phone wont hang up), but I love the ride and personally thing the looks are best in class (IMO) and have received numerous compliments....
  10. B

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

1. Feature (Bug IMO) 2. LTD, AWD, 301A, Tow, Moon roof 3. 2900 miles 4. v2.7 5. There should be an option in the configuration to allow use of functions while driving. I have serious heartburn with the NAV. A number of my passengers have wanted to enter a destination in the NAV, but could...
  11. B

Sirius Channel Browser

v2.7 here, and I have the same issue. Seems like if I exit and come back it will be there after a couple times...
  12. B

What kind of financing deals is everyone making?

Bill... I understand and agree with you... to a point. There is a difference between people who overextend (can't afford) and buy vehicles and those that could pay cash, but choose to keep the money and invest it for 5+% return. Seems like a no-brainer when you get <2.5% finance rate. Just...
  13. B

What type of gas milage has everyone been getting on 2011 Explorers???

LTD- AWD, 1600 miles. Average is 18.5mpg since picking it up. On the highway I can get around 21mpg at 75 mph
  14. B

Incentive for Disabled Veterans-DAV

Might be too late if you already picked up the X. DAV members can get X-Plan pricing. http://www.dav.org/membership/Benefits.aspx
  15. B

MFT/SYNC Issue with Phone Pairing

Thanks Cory and everyone else. After work, I got in the X and the MFT hung for a bit and then did a system reset automatically. All seems to be well again. Seems like the re-boot did the trick ;)
  16. B

Thanks Jackey. I tried every combo of deleting SYNC from phone, phone from SYNC in different orders and no luck. I did notice that even after deleting the phone from SYNC, it would come back up in the list (BT on phone was OFF)... I am going to try software reset after work.
  17. B

Since I got the X, my phone has paired with no issues. Text/Contact Pics still buggy, but the phone always worked via BT. Yesterday, got in the X and saw a strange screen. Appears that phone is connected (shows battery, cell strength, BT symbol), but there is text "Connecting to phone" that...
  18. B

What about this for a MFT wallpaper? :-)

Baxter... Koodoos (again)!!!! I have so much fun with this!
  19. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I heard this in a LTD I test drove. Mine, nothing, but I did notice a strange sound that seems to have to do with aerodynamics of driver side mirror with window down. I have not had time to duplicate it though.
  20. B

MFT 2.8 dare I say? ... Rocks!

Could not agree more! No major issues yet with 2.7. Given how quickly the updates have been coming out, I may just hold out until later this year...
  21. B

Sirius station preset disappeared

Are there two different items being discussed here? 1) Today the channel lineup changed. initially my presets did not work for Sirius. But after second time starting the truck (plus maybe few navigation menus), all my presets auto-magically updated to new channels. Sweet! 2) On the 4...
  22. B

2011 Explorer Bluetooth Noise

What kind of phone do you have? I have a DEFY (Android) and when I got the truck I had v2.1 and the call quality was very good. On a recent upgrade to v2.2.1 I am told that I sound like I am in a wind tunnel all the time, even with all widows up...
  23. B

Text message read out loud.

Where did you find the protocol? Are there others? My DEFY works (sometimes without MAP protocol) and thought that even those with the DRIODX were seeing the random text, not all the time? http://developer.motorola.com/products/defy/
  24. B

Hi Everyone.

FYI - I think you need to lock in X-Plan early and don't have luxury to wait until delivery. I thought I actually read you had to do it at time of order even...
  25. B

Push Button Start

I have to say this is the first time I had IA keys and love it for the most part... I do have two questions- 1) Page 157 of the manual states "When fully armed (after the 20 second pre-arm mode), any IA keys (if equipped) found inside the vehicle are disabled/inoperable and will not start...
Back