Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Aviator = Explorer

Yeah going the route of moving center seat out, thanks for the info and The info about the seat belts and bracket as well. Having no luck locating rear bucket seats so going the ghetto route. I've found The seat belt buckle brackets online.
  2. D

Aviator = Explorer

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3435282&postcount=3
  3. D

Aviator = Explorer

disregard, after doing some further searching in here, I was able to find my answer.
  4. D

Aviator = Explorer

Doing a 180 on my original plan on selling my 05 EB. I plan on going the second row bucket seat set up on mine, unfortunately I am not having any luck locating the second row center console from an EX or Mountaineer. I have though been able to find numerous consoles from Lincoln Aviators...
  5. D

Just bought 04 Eddie Bauer... Couple of questions.

^^^what he said as well I too bought an Eddie Bauer (2005) earlier this year, I didn't get the O/D flashing light, but my transmission did go out on a road trip 1k mikes away from home. Needless to say, I had to get a rebuild done from a shop in Albuquerque ($2800 w/36k miles warranty) due to...
  6. D

Should I bother with a 02-05 Mountaineer/Ex?

Well I bought a 2002 back in 2007 and gave me no issues except rear wheel bearings which I replaced, winded up giving it to my mom. According to her, still running strong with no issues. Figured it was a descent ride why not get a newer 2005 EB 4x4 (model year wise) which I purchased back in...
  7. D

PATS/Aftermarket alarm/remote start?

Update Well for anyone who ever encounters my situation, I was able to get two out of four issues resolved. first able to get the vehicle to start which required a tow to the dealership and removal of this aftermarket alarm crap! Cost me $450 dollars in labor to remove this ****...
  8. D

I appreciate the response and feedback. Unfortunately I didn't even know this thing even had a remote start until the alarm went off. I f-Ed up by not opening the hood and deactivating the alarm. Looks like I will have to have it towed to the dealership to have the mad scientists fix it up.
  9. D

Need some feedback guys, have a 2005 EB, which I was changing the rotors and pads up front last weekend. Prior to that, the vehicle sat lifted on jack stands for a week with the doors locked and factory alarm on, wheels, calipers, rotors off. Normally I never disconnect the battery when...
  10. D

OEM Stereo No Sound

Hey guys long time no speak here, well I no longer have the 2002 XLT (shipped back to U.S. and gave to mom), but picked up an 2005 Eddie Bauer a year later. I just recently purchaesd it and it came with an aftermarket headunit and I have the rear dvd entertainment center, the problem is the...
  11. D

Highest Mileage 4.0, V-6, Explorer

197,500 with same engine and tranny. Performed tune up last year and replaced rear bearings for the second time. Oil changed anywhere between 3-5k miles. Runs great on the autobahn at high speeds. As the second owner of this vehicle it has been a very reliable machine and well maintained my...
  12. D

2002 Ford Explorer XLT with a PATS system failure.

For those who "might" have their spare key, recommend using it. The situation has happened to me before and I used the spare and it fired right up. Seeing its a issue with the vehicle, I now keep he spare key on the key ring with a sticker on it just incase it happens again. The sad part is...
  13. D

Question about easiest repair for wheel bearings

I cant speak for others, but for my situation it was removing the whole knuckle assembly from the rear upper & lower control arms along with the toe end links without going barbaric on it with a hammer. I even used PB Blaster and allowed it soak over night and it was still tough. The pressing...
  14. D

Question about easiest repair for wheel bearings

Timken is what I have running on 3 of 4 on mine. Front are easy and rear are a pain, but after taking 2 hours doing the right rear, it's fairly easy now. Did everything at a auto hobby shop on base, **** If I was stationed stateside, I would gladly assist any of yawl on doing it and pressing...
  15. D

fuel problems

I can't provide an answer to the second problem, but the first one sounds like it might be a bad cluster or some soldering required on the circuit board. Replacing them is fairly easy depending on how mechanically inclined you are. I had the same problem, but with my older 1993 model when I...
  16. D

Who is disappointed with their EX?

Second owner for mine, as many have stated I've too had the same issues with this rig. Fortunately, all of mine have been issues I am mechanically capable of fixing (ctrl arms, bearings, brakes, ball joints, oil change) and just now hit 185k on it. As far as I can tell, it still has the...
  17. D

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

2 Hours spent doing 1 side So I finally got around to doing the rear wheel bearings. Took two hours to do and I actually had fun doing it. All the tools where readily available at the base auto hobby shop to include a 15 ton press. I purchased 2 new rear knuckles to have as a back up a...
  18. D

How many miles on original 3rd Gen Tranny?

18 months later since last post here. Still running strong, debating on whether to sale or keep and ship back to U.S. when next June comes around.
  19. D

Humming Noise

No problem man, I also feel same way about the 3rd gen as well. I owned a 1st gen a 10 years ago and that thing was a tank no issues other than minor maintenance. Cars and everything in general aren't built/made the way they use to be in the past.
  20. D

Humming Noise

Sounds like a bad wheel bearing, to be honest with you though if you are going to replace one, might as well do both. They are actually quite easy to replace compared to the ones in the back which are a pain in the ass if you have the right tools at your disposal. www.rockauto.com sales...
  21. D

How to: Front Upper and Lower Control Arm Replacement

As the OP mentioned it is time consuming, I did both upper and lower arms with a lift and air tools. Thats one of the perks of being in the service, every base has a hobby shop with all the tools needed. It took 9 hours to complete replacing everything up front, and thats it being a 4x2, so I...
  22. D

Please take a minute and help a newbie!

From what I've read as well on here and other sites is the 02' is/was plagued with problems seeing it's the first year production model of that generation; "crash dummy" if think you about it. I didn't find out about this until I came across this forum, years after purchasing the vehicle. I...
  23. D

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

quick question, Is it easier pressing in & out the hubs compared to the bearing itself? I ask because I ordered 2 new rear knuckles to have as back up with bearings in them so I can rotate them out everytime these damn bearings go out. Basically remove the old knuckles and remove hubs and...
  24. D

RH Interior door handle/lock switch assembly

Alright guys, ran into a snag here... in the process of trying to fix my right rear pax window regulator which crapped out on me, my dumba$$ forgot to remove the door/lock handle assembly which caused me to snap the tab that connects the rod to it in the back. Tried the shady mechanic trick in...
  25. D

The Great Mystery of the Shaking SteeringWheel!

Mine used to shake pretty bad, but knowing I was sending the vehicle overseas I replaced the whole front suspension. The only original part I have upfront is the knuckles and calipers, everything (bearings, rotors, pads, complete upper/lower control arm assemblies, strutts, wheels, tires...
Back