Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

For the outside temp look at the dash left side display it shows the temp & time.
  2. J

My Ford Touch Update

I had the update completed today. They replaced my APIM, which they ordered last week when they replaced the cooling fan motor, and updated the software. When I got into the car there was no navigation. I returned to the service desk and he then asked if I recieved the update and s/d card in the...
  3. J

Possible overheating starting

I guess that was the reason that they did not send me the upgrade USB flash drive & Nav Card, and that is why why I had to have the dealer perform the update.
  4. J

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Today I took my Ex (2011 Ltd w/302a) for PA state inspection, works oil change and Sync upgrade form, per the Sync website informing me that the dealer must do the update. They completed the inspection and oil change and then found a problem with coolant overheating and they changed my cooling...
  5. J

Possible overheating starting

Today I took my Ex (2011 Ltd w/302a) for PA state inspection, works oil change and Sync upgrade per the Sync website informing me that the dealer must do the update. They completed the inspection and oil change and then found a problem with coolant overheating and they changed my cooling fan...
  6. J

Just got back from Oil Change and found oil on floor

Before you start the vehicle up check the oil level. If its low do not start the vehicle. Have them send a flatbed as running the engine with low/no oil can cause fatal engine damage.
  7. J

MFT Update - Jumpdrive

I just recieved my Winter 2012 copy of "My Ford" magazine and on page 7 there is a story "MyFord Touch Performance Upgrade" saying all existing MyFord Touch owners will shortly recieve a USB drive with instructions to update the system yourself or take it to a dealer service facility at no cost...
  8. J

Travel Link Weather Malfunction

Same thing here Im in Philadelphia but it always centers on Cape May NJ. tried everything to reset it but no luck.
  9. J

Traded in Explorer

All dealers play a game with trade-ins either they give you an inflated trade-in price and then hit you with the new car, or the give you a low trade-in and really discount the new car purchase. In the end it evens out. Oh by the way with Chrysler's watch the transmission.
  10. J

Navigation Questions

I have 3 items which may have been already addressed. 1- is there anywhere a printed user manual for the Navigation system. I cant believe that after spending $47,000 for a vehcile they couldn't print or supply a CD user manual for the Navigation system. After 8 months I'm still not 100% sure...
  11. J

Phony video on Ford Website

Hey it look like Elvis driving :D
  12. J

Phony video on Ford Website

I though I saw Bigfoot just inside the treeline:D
  13. J

Maximum Speed / Speed Limiter

There's always the Mustang Shelby GT500 if you have the need for speed. :)
  14. J

Cargo Net Hook

Try using heavy duty Velcro along the edge where the hooks are. Whoever came up with the idea of using the hooks should be fired.
  15. J

V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com

It took me two tries but I finally got it. The first time after the sync service pack update I got a screen that said SYSTEM FAULT superimposed on another screen that said PLEASE CONTACT YOUR DEALERSHIP and 12:00 10.10.2008 and GOOD MORNING NEW USER. I pulled the flash drive out, shut off the...
  16. J

National Lampoons Mt. Rushmore

Try putting a Nushield protective film cover over the screen. Not only does it protect the screen but its anti glare qualities make it easier to read in the daytime. I had it on from day one April 5, 2011 with no ill effects and its easier to clean the finger smugges off. It cost 17.00 + 2.99...
  17. J

What's your favorite voice command?

The SYNC was being obnoxious one day and I yell "**** You" and she said in her best charming voice "changing to channel 22" That made my day. :-)
  18. J

Regular or Premium Gas

I noticed in parts of Western states in octane regular was 85.5 or 86 I went with the midgrade 88 with no ill effects, I didn't want to chance anything below 87 octane. The Hess stattion around the corner from me in Philadelphia is $3.56 per gallion for regular 87
  19. J

anyone else want to drive their car into a lake?

I got to remember that. Next time I go a cross country vacation I'll carry a compass and sundial. Wait my phone has a compass, clock and GPS that works, unlike the GPS in my Explorer. (a little satire is good for the soul)
  20. J

anyone else want to drive their car into a lake?

After being on the road on vacation for the last 18 days I am ready to drive to Derborn, Mi and grab Bill Ford and have him sit in the passenger seat and try to program the Navigation. This system made my vacation a nightmare. It couldn't find Glacier NP or Yellowstone NP the route it gave me to...
  21. J

SatNav and trees, what a nightmare

I could not get it to locate either Glacier NP or Yellowstone NP nor the lodges in the parks! Using a paper map I finally got to both. Leaving Yellowstone I tried to get directions to my next stop a hotel in Salt Lake City I found the hotel in POI's and set it as my destination all I got was the...
  22. J

Stupid Nav Question...

You all be careful what you say to that lady. I told what to do with herself and she replied "changing to station 22" ;-) My solution to the problem is to have Ford license the Megallan operating system because my $139.00 Roadmate 3045-LM works so much better, is eaiser to program, has a larger...
  23. J

I tried way to hard!!!

Question: did the air bags deploy?
  24. J

OnStar for non GM Vehicles

I don't get it either but some of those complaining about how MFT and Sync suck might want it or owners of a base model without Sync or MFT might use it.
  25. J

OnStar for non GM Vehicles

Has any one checked out the new OnStar FMV (For My Vehicle) now you can get onstar for any vehicle including 2011 Ex's http://www.onstar.com/web/fmv/home check it out. It doesn't give all the features but just some of the features that most people use. It comes in a box all you do is...
Back