Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

No Crank, "theft" light blinking rapidly

It's in my post right above yours. There's a halo antenna for the transponder key that goes to the ignition that needs replaced
  2. K

Where is Expansion valve and Orifice tube?

Ok, I'll check that out, it should be what I'm looking for. There's no pressure in the system right now, do you have to get it vacuumed out to get the old oil and stuff out?
  3. K

Where is Expansion valve and Orifice tube?

A/C went out in my womans 02' 4.6 eddie bauer, I installed a new compressor and drier, but I want to swap out the orifice tube and from what I'm reading, it has an expansion valve for the rear a/c? Where do I find both of these at?
  4. K

Need help! No start

Sounds like a weak cell in the battery to me, what do your lights do when you go to start it?
  5. K

Any Tricks In Cleaning Engine Bay

Like said above, get a good foaming engine cleaner and let it soak in and spray it all off. After it's all clean take armor all, or your favorite brand of interior shine and spray the entire engine down, don't worry about hosing it off or wiping it down, let it soak up a while, then drive it...
  6. K

Need Help removing 4.6L A/C compressor

Thanks for the post, it doesn't work that good though. I ended up dropping the lower half of the fan shroud out and pulling out out across the front towards the drivers side and down, doing it that way kept it from snagging any lines or wires of any sort.
  7. K

Need Help removing 4.6L A/C compressor

I popped off the belt, got the hoses disconnected by going through the wheel well and took the studs out with a 5mm wrench so the compressor isn't being held by anything at this point....but, now how do I get it out??? Am I going to have to remove the fan shroud and fan and everything up front...
  8. K

02' A/C Help

Sweet, thanks for all the info. I'm gonna order or buy whatever I need tonight or tomorrow so hopefully I can get it done this weekend or next. Are the Variable Orifice Tubes worth the extra 15 bucks?? It says on autozones website that they work better in high heat locations.....and I'm in...
  9. K

02' A/C Help

bump
  10. K

02' A/C Help

Had a shop tell me our compressor is leaking and they recommended doing a a/c system overhaul for $1150. I barely have 11 bucks let alone 1100, so I was going to buy all the parts myself and install them. The list I have together so far is 1.)Compressor 2.)drier/accumulator 3.)expansion...
  11. K

The halo antenna that goes around the ignition went bad, that's why the locksmith couldnt program a new key. $25 dollar part and $180 labor later the truck runs! Could probably easily replace it on my own had I known the issue.
  12. K

Car is at the dealership right now, I'll let everyone know what the diagnosis is as soon as I find out myself. Maybe be able to help someone in the future!
  13. K

SIGH.....thanks Doom. It's gonna end up at the dealership this week most likely, which sucks cause I was in the middle of building an engine for my 95. Fully ported aluminum heads, a ported cobra intake, cam, pulleys, the whole nine yards. I'm sure I'll get raped at the dealership to fix...
  14. K

So the locksmith is here right now and neither of the keys will program into the computer!! Does this mean the computer in the truck went to **** and I'm gonna have to get a new one now? I'm used to driving a 95 mustang or an 83 F-150 and fixing everything on them easily. This is really...
  15. K

Are you talking about an inline fuse somewhere? I've never heard of a fuse on an O2 sensor?? Do you mean a wire for the O2 sensor grounded out and was killing the fuse? I checked all the under dash fuses and all the fuses in the fuse block under the hood.
  16. K

So I took the battery to get tested an it was bad, replaced it....still the exact same symptom. Doom, why did you have to replace your lock cylinder? Every place I've called is around 200 dollars to come out and program my keys. I don't wanna go and pay that if it's not going to fix my...
  17. K

Car audio places sell PATS bi-pass modules for remote starters, don't they? Has anyone tried using one of those to simply bypass the system? Thanks Doom, I was thinking it was PATS related but then the dealership guy started pushing me in another direction with his input. So I'm thinking I'm...
  18. K

Yeah, and I can't get it to give me a code. It just blinks rapidly for a while, then goes back to blinking every couple seconds, even with the key in the ON position, I don't get it!
  19. K

Ok, so my g/fs explorer won't start at all. It will not crank, and when I put the key to the "ON" position, the theft light on her instrument panel flashes rapidly. I called the Ford dealership and asked if it was the PATS system and the guy said no, if it was, it would still crank over, it...
Back