Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

A/V In Audio Video Not Working

hmm...I will try but I doubt it will work in my case cos when I connect my Sony mp3 player with a 3.5mm-to-red/white audio only cable, I get audio with no problems.
  2. P

totally agree!!!! that's why I never own any iPhone/iPod/iTouch/iPad/iAnything!!!!
  3. P

sgt1411: you need more than that....you need something like this http://www.amazon.com/Composite-Audio-iPhone-iTouch-Classic/dp/B001G51DOU/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1303079431&sr=1-2 RCA(red/white/yellow) AND USB to apple connector. See MFT Supplement Manual page 32 - In order...
  4. P

sgt1411: i understand the basic of red/white/yellow....my cable is a 3.5mm-to-RED/WHITE/YELLOW (for both audio and video)...my portable DVD player has a designated A/V out (I use the DVD player just for testing, not that I am trying to play DVD from the player back to MFT, it would be stupid as...
  5. P

MFT without NAV, cosmetic question

i have XLT with MFT but no NAV too...you get the following (not the exact descriptions) at 4 corners of the touch screen: top left - phone top right - information (calendar, misc Sync stuff). bottom left - entertainment such as A/V, USB, CD, etc. bottom right - climate No NAV menu as it...
  6. P

I tested using a red/white/yellow-to-red/white/yellow RCA cable to connect a portable media player (mainly to test videos) to the MFT/Sync, no video. Then I tested again with another device using a 3.5mm-to-red/white/yellow cable, still no video (I hear audio of the movie, so I am sure it's...
  7. P

No vin number after almost 2 months

update! just got a call from my dealer; car is here!!!! so they are pretty fast: order 3/8, build 3/30, SYNC 4/1, arrived 4/12! so a little bit more than a month!
  8. P

No vin number after almost 2 months

ordered 3/8, got my VIN in about 2 weeks, build date 3/30, SYNC 4/1. dealer allotment issue?
  9. P

Sony system speaker location ??

i wonder if these are also the locations for the XLT's 202A 8 speakers, minus the subwoofer, of course.
  10. P

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

i am just curious....i have been seeing people are talking about automatic maintenance updates...my question is HOW if the car has no wifi connection, no NAV, no phone connected for tethering if any...how does the MFT or whatever the system gets the connection for updating?
  11. P

New Owner

welcome on board! congrats! watch out, that knucklehead might be one of us here who gave up! anyway, how much you paid for the extended 7yr/75k warranty?
  12. P

2011 incentive protection program

that's why you need an Android phone! :D Viewing pdf documents and streaming flash videos without the help of Steve Jobs!!! I walked in a dealer last month with all sort of pdf documents, like Ford ESP comparison, 11 Explorer packaging guide, saved in my Droid X in case I have to show them...
  13. P

Sirius Question

i don't have my car yet...but do you think by adding best of xm then you have to call them to cancel the whole thing when the 6-month trial expires, otherwise it's going to be auto-renew? i hope they don't need my CC info in order to add the best of xm for 6 months! i hate to call to cancel...
  14. P

Headliner Plant Fire Causing Shipping Delays?

is it the case? http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/business/shifts-at-gm-plants-affected-by-parts-plant-fire Another article too! http://rumors.automobilemag.com/supplier-plant-fire-disturbs-gm-mazda-production-other-automakers-could-be-affected-22399.html
  15. P

2011 explorer prices going up?

ok, you made me curious...I am now comparing the price at ford.com and my window sticker... my window sticker vs ford.com (4/7/11 price) XLT(AWD) 33,190 vs 33,350 202A 2,850 vs 3,075 (after $720 discount) vs (don't see any discount for 202A now) BLIS 495 vs 495 destination 805...
  16. P

Rebates & Incetives are Proteced regardless of your dealer / NEW in 2011!

you mean Tuesday this week? Tuesday this week is 4/5.....those incentives expired on or prior 4/4....
  17. P

What's your status?

(cannot give out my car's nickname as it's mine and my wife's real name combined) Ordered 3/8. Built 3/30. SNYC 4/1 (per sync installation history but date still the same after jumped from v2.6 o v2.8 couple days later). in transit now per Seni. ETA per dealer: end of April; ETA per Seni...
  18. P

Speakers upgrade?

limited's sony system with 12 speakers has a sub-woofer too? i didn't know that...yea, i see a big hole in the truck (a storage on right side)...i am thinking about to add a sub-woofer there too! :D
  19. P

Speakers upgrade?

jdraper...i only targeted the others, not you, :D
  20. P

Speakers upgrade?

As I pointed out, I only ordered an XLT with 202A...only has 8 speakers, and it is not Sony branded with 12 speakers like the system on Limited.... i am not rich like you guys who can afford the Limited! :D
  21. P

Speakers upgrade?

Wondering if it's possible or easy enough (DIY) to replace all the speakers with better ones? I am not going to replace all speakers once I receive my car, but may be in couple more years down the road. I ordered a XLT with 202A (8 speakers)...not sure about the config...probably 2 tweeters...
  22. P

Pic of my XLT in Sterling Gray

remeny, thanks for posting! i am getting the gray XLT too, but I didn't order the 20" rims. i was worried about the gray color and the grille color look too similar and being too mono (cos i like the color contrast on black or white exterior color with the grille). but based on your pictures...
  23. P

Opening gas tank

tell her don't touch your X! :D
  24. P

NuShield Website

i just received an email saying it's on backorder...!!!! with so many people are still waiting for their 2011 Explorers minus people who don't know about the screen protector, I wonder how many films they actually made? 10? lol
  25. P

18" vs 20" wheels?

you guys bought 2 new cars at the same time? if i had as much money (or maybe even half or less) as you have, i would choose the 20" without thinking much...:D
Back