Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

new member needs help

when my alarm goes off the only way it shuts down is when I use the key to turn the ignition to on. Have you tried using the key in the ignition instead of using the key fob?
  2. R

02 EB Explorer problem. Need help

I know this thread is old but were you able to fix your stalling problem? Cannyou please update the thread so others can learn from it? I have a similar issues and still troubleshooting. Thanks
  3. R

dorman intake manifold question...gaskets needed?

you will not need gasket for the intake manifold as the Dorman intake comes with gaskets preinstalled on there.
  4. R

How many Camshaft position sensor on 2002 V8?

Thanks tattooguy for the quick response. Cheers!!
  5. R

How many Camshaft position sensor on 2002 V8?

Can someone tell me how many Camshaft position sensors there are on the 02 V8 engines? the Service manual only describes procedure for one sensor (located behind the power steering reservoir). However, when I called the dealer for the parts, the guy said there are two sensors one for each side...
  6. R

Rough IDLE P0172 and P0174 Codes

well for one thing misfiring mean throwing raw fuel into the cat converter which will likely burn it out and will require you replacing it if you continue to drive. Also your fuel economy will go down with a misfire.
  7. R

Rough IDLE P0172 and P0174 Codes

Rich and lean codes usually are the result of vacuum leaks. They are also the reason why you are getting multiple misfire codes. Before you throw another part at it. Check and make sure all the vacuum lines and intact and there are no leaks.
  8. R

Battery Drain Question

My 02 EB was draining a fully charged battery in 2 days. check and found the culprits to be related to two at the driver side. 1. Fuse number 17 (15A) - Delayed acc. coil, Battery saver, Interior lamps (front and rear), Glove compartment lamp. 2. Fuse number 20...
  9. R

Crack in Transfer Case (2002 EB)

Thanks for the reply. By thread tape do you mean using something like Teflon tape? I did use Teflon on the threads when I replaced the fluid a couple of months ago. Also the leak (more of a seep) is coming from both the crack and the threads.
  10. R

Unfortunately that is the best pic i have. But if you look closely, there is a hairline mark in front of the arrow. That is a crack and not a casting mark. It is a small crack right now but I think if i leave it, it may extend and become larger over time. Which will require a bigger fix.
  11. R

I saw fluid on my parking spot and placed truck on a lift and discovered I have a small crack in my transfer case near the drain plug (see picture) which is responsible for the oil on my parking spot. Picture was taken after cleaning the spot. I replaced the fluid less then a year ago and have...
  12. R

Battery drain -story again, 6CD player?

I have a similar problem on 02 EB. fully charged battery dies in just 2 days. Kindly update the thread with what you find, it will help some of us. Thanks
  13. R

02 Explorer low coolant temp and random stalling

While replacing the CHTS on mine (also a 4.6 V8) I did notice that the thermostat housing does connect to the intake manifold. But like you rightly noted there are bolts holding them in place but you will not be able to remove them. For starters I will suggest you remove the intake manifold...
  14. R

Just to update with what I did and the results. So I changed the thermostat and the Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor (used dealership parts). And since I had to drain the coolant I flushed the cooling system whiles at it. I also replaced the serpentine belt since I has to remove the...
  15. R

Thanks JCR for the information. that is definitely helpful. The confirms what the dealer was saying that the V8 doesn't have the coolant temp sensor. I will replace the CHT sensor and along with the thermostat and see if that helps with the stalling and low coolant temp issues. I will update...
  16. R

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I couldn't find information on any temperature sensors on the website. hopefully someone else has information on whether the 4.6 V8 engine has coolant temperature sensors located in the thermostat housing like the V6. If not I guess i have to take the...
  17. R

I have the 4.6 V8 engine. I just called a dealer and he said the 4.6 doesn't show a coolant temp. sensor and that it uses a block temp. sensor instead. But when I checked rockauto they do show sensors (2 of them both not Motorcraft parts). Which information is correct? can someone confirm for me...
  18. R

I will replace the sensors while changing the the thermostat. Since today is 24th all the dealerships are closed for Christmas. So I cannot get Ford parts until after Thursday and I'm away from 26th till 30th so that means i will not be able to fix it until after next week. I will be sure to...
  19. R

Thanks everyone for the input. I am sure the gauge reading is not normal as it was somewhere in the middle before and also the user manual says at operating temperature the coolant gauge should be somewhere in the middle. With the cabin temp I noticed it takes longer to heat up and the cabin...
  20. R

My coolant temperature is much lower than usual. it goes to a max of about 1/4th of the gauge (see attached picture. The picture was taken after driving for more than an hour). The outside temperature is pretty cold lately but my other car gets to normal coolant temp without issue so I don't...
  21. R

Sold 00, got an 04, good and bad -help & comments?

Thanks again This time the link works Unfortunately the wiring harness says it does not work with my model as I have the factory amp. Will keep searching for similar stuff on ebay hopefully i find one that works
  22. R

Hey Thanks for the reply ronwc. Unfortunately the ebay links are all not showing any information. It tell me "This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available." is it possible to provide another link? I wonder why all the links aren't working thanks
  23. R

I have been looking to get something like that for my 02 EB. I have a few questions for you. Were you able to get the steering wheel controls to work? and did you have to do any modifications to the connections? If you had to buy any wiring harness can you provide some details. Thanks
  24. R

How to: How To: Install Signal Mirrors On 3rd Gen Ex

This is to also say thank you for your thorough write-up that i think is fool proof. I was able to install mine just yesterday. went smoothly throughout until the part where i have to root the cable through the driver's door into the cabin. no matter what i did i couldn't get it through to the...
  25. R

can't remove rear diff drain plug

I am planning on doing mine in a week or so. I was wondering whether removing the plug whiles the differential is hot, say immediately after driving for a extended period of time would achieve a similar effect. Thanks
Back