Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Transfer Case Or Shift Motor?!?!?! HELP....

Snoranger, Might have to tow it... my military auto ins tows for free up to 14 miles... but first I will try the junk yard speed sensor suggestion by ExXlt/Mike.. While I'm feeling like a "DIY Diva!" Either way I will indeed pay you a visit.... wanna get it looked at properly before the cold...
  2. C

Thanx Mike and I must say.... It's worth a try... watched a video on you tube, junk yard parts are $10-$15 depending and new appx $30... Again, worth a try... I will do it! If that doesn't work I will be paying Snoranger in Perth Amboy a visit via tow truck!:salute: C
  3. C

Funny you said that Mark because when I went there to pull the relays.... almost all of them were in wrecks but there were about 3 that were in tact as if they just died. So when I get one I will need to deposit money and I will walk around and look at odometers because mine is at 187K and will...
  4. C

Mark, I see you're on too.... care to chime in on my feats for today??:D
  5. C

Thanx Snoranger... 4 10mm bolts one was tricky thankfully my hands are fairly small and the smallest socket help that out!! Now I guess its time to put it back on??!!:D K, so, I am done! When I initially took off the motor it was actually on the H not the L and there was an N right in between...
  6. C

Thanx Snoranger... going to do it right now!!! But then what??? Will that mean I don't need a new one. Or, I will just have to keep doing that at some point?? Maybe if I don't ever use 4wd again it will never happen again??:eek:
  7. C

Hello Snoranger, Since you chimed in, I was wondering if you'd like to give your full input on possibilities as well.... I will be starting back up on... "Operation Fix My Explorer" on Monday first light when my junk yard can pull the xfer case. Any and all Suggestions and advice are...
  8. C

Mark, it is not AWD. It rides as if it's 'stuck' in 4WD very slow with a slow dragging/humming noise as well.. maybe as you previously stated 4wd low. But I am glad to finally be working towards resolving the issue.... even in baby steps! Lol. I will begin again on Monday by ordering the xfer...
  9. C

Hello Dora, went to the local junk yard and pulled 4 relays from the fuse boxes and put them in one at a time and it still does it. I will look into the motor today. unless it takes some time for the computer to register that it has a good relay... then.... That's Not Ittttttttt. :)
  10. C

Thanx so much you guys, I am going to look for the "transfer case relay" right NOW!!
  11. C

OMGoodnezz... You guys/gals on this site are God Sends, to say the least!! V6 Mark. I saw the video that's what made me ask xfer case or motor??
  12. C

Thanx Mark for the speedy reply I am about to head to the yard to pay for them to pull the 'so called needed transfer case' so your advice and knowledge is needed..... It is my 2000 xls and I love this truck(no scratches or dents) I just need it to run again!!! Just needs it shine back and some...
  13. C

Thanx Mark. I was actually told that it was stuck in 4x4 which makes it seem as if it's not shifting in 2-3 & 3-4. So they wanted me to start with the transfer case which he said is bad & the reason it's not "TRANSFERRING" out of 4x4... Does that sound correct?? On another observation.... it...
  14. C

Does anyone know if my problem COULD just be the MOTOR on the outside of the transfer case or truly the transfer case?? Just wondering!! Ford Service sometimes gives you what they WANT you to fix or the HARD/Expensive fix as my uncle calls it.. They are not conditioned to give the EASY/Cheap...
  15. C

Weirdest problem ever

Exile, Have you guys figured your problem out because my 2000 automatic does this same as yours but my will pop out in mid drive then I have to pull over put it in park(makes a loud grinding noise), the engage 4x4 to get it home. I want to fix it for my 22 yr old son to drive to college so that...
  16. C

OD OFF light blinking

Sorry for the confusion Imp... Oxgen sensors is why the check engine light is on, which I am going to conquer next. Blinky O/Doff light has to do with either the TCC solenoid or Torque Converter itself being bad... I was told. As well, since the solenoids are indeed on the VB then getting the...
  17. C

5R55E shift saga

@ StreetRod~ doing that right now.. Another member suggested I change the dash fuses just in case whether they look burnt or not... Maybe I'll get lucky other than that I may need a new cluster.. @CDW~ I replaced my whole valve body with a rebuilt one.... Shouldn't the solenoids that came on it...
  18. C

Help!!

Pensa, Tranny shops are Evil!!! I put my cross finger up whenever I have to cross their door thresholds... I leave there enraged every time I go even just for a read..... Hopefully these 2 will be the last reads for a few years or until I can afford and 06+!
  19. C

Help!!

Thanx I did change all oils except engine in both the 95 & 00 just two weeks ago... it was dirty but not dark or burnt or gritty. added a gallon of merc v and 1 qrt lucas trans fix to both. On the 00 just changed a bad rear diff and did the fluids (tranny, frt&rear diffs and transfer case) Put...
  20. C

5R55E shift saga

I am so loving all this work I'm doing on my 95 myself and accomplishing w/o replacing my trans for 1850.00 as the 'Aa' place quoted me... I am now about to do the same thing on my 2000 that I just did on my 95 yesterday, as it is now showing shifting flare signs as well. However, I do not want...
  21. C

OD OFF light blinking

Can you please tell me where this.... Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid is if not on the valve body... Just replace my whole vb w/solenoids yesterday with a rebuilt one but the light still blinks and is driving me crazy! Check engine light is next an Auto Zone reader said it was my Oxygen...
  22. C

5R55E shift saga

Did it take your vehicle time to get better?... On my 95 shouldn't my OD light stop blinking if the whole VB w/solenoids got replaced or is there something else I am missing? I so appreciate any help you could give me... Where, if I can, can I get the bonded plate for my 2000 xls
  23. C

5R55E shift saga

I have been looking for this pak and no one has it. Can you please tell me where I can get them from. I have just worked on my VB 2 times without replace the band and the cover gasket. Any info would really help as now I have a 00 explorer showing signs of the same thing!
  24. C

5R55E shift saga

How did that go. I just put in my rebuilt valve body and my shifting problem is slowly resolving itself but the OD light still blinks, the dash is dead except for the 2 lights OD & Chk Engine light. Wondering if there is some kind of 'reset' button(for lack of a better word) for the OD...
  25. C

OD OFF light blinking

Todd view my New Member post, or all of them and you'll see I'm having the same issues with 1 or now both of them. I'm crazy with not knowing how to save my trucks.......
Back