Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Confirmed Version 2.11

Really? You're expected to run the vehicle for 40 minutes on idle while this thing updates? There's gotta be a better way.
  2. K

Any advice on talking the girlfriend out of a '11 JGC and into an Explorer?

Historically, I think Jeep has had better resale value than the Explorer... Jeeps last forever.
  3. K

NOT buying a 2011 Explorer

Thanks! She was actually born a month ago. =) Came a week early.
  4. K

I'm not upset at all - just a bit peeved at the misinformation. I know people can get really emotionally attached to their vehicles and it's not my intention to say the Ex. sucks or anything. I got the Pilot but I'm still monitoring this forum - mainly to see how good/fast Ford is at...
  5. K

I'm not debating how much of it is mechanical vs. tech. Of course when you have the entire vehicle being controlled by its tech, you really don't want any of it to fail while you're cruising on the highway. The Ex. may have a number of great safety features. Guess what, the Pilot is the same...
  6. K

That's a lot of accusations without real facts. The Honda Pilot seats 8, while the Ex. lists 7. The Ex. may be longer, but having tested car seats in both vehicles, it's pretty clear which is "bigger" and better suited for our needs. If you got the Ex. and want to justify your purchase...
  7. K

I'm waiting for 2013 or 2014... After shopping/researching the Explorer for months, I ended up with a Honda Pilot and was super impressed with its room and tech. MPG could be better...
  8. K

MFT Killed Fords Quality... Ford ranks #23 in JD Powers

I bet that Consumer Reports rating doesn't seem so crazy now that a number of other sources are slamming MFT.
  9. K

The Legacy Continues

Anytime they claim the patch is a "fix all" it is most likely not.
  10. K

Rearview Camera Problems

If I've learned anything over the past few days, it's that sales people know almost nothing about the things they sell. Whether it's correct or not, they just try to sound confident in whatever answer they give you so you'll buy the story. It's a shame... a few hours of training (and...
  11. K

Dual Moon Roof, worth it?

I would double check that that... One dealer offered to install the moon roof on an Ex. on the lot just so they can sell it. Claimed it was exactly the same as the factory ones. When I asked if it would be dual pane, he said, "No, that's only available from the factory." SHADY!
  12. K

Need SUV. Around 40K to spend. Help wanted.

You may also want to look into a Honda Pilot. Top of the line is only around $35k and has most if not all features of the Ex. While waiting for the Ex. to be built, I shopped around to see what other cheaper but equally good options were out there. The Pilot is pretty roomy, fits three car...
  13. K

Ford hiring SYNC engineers

Hopefully someone that wants to make a difference can go to the source and make a difference. https://www.mycareer.ford.com/jobDescription.asp?iSReqid=2730
  14. K

Tin Roof Rain noise.

They didn't skimp on the padding as there is nothing there. The reason it sounds like a tin drum is because it literally IS a drum-like cavity up there. A hollow space surrounded by metal.
  15. K

Tin Roof Rain noise.

There is a picture on this forum floating somewhere showing what the exposed metal looks like. On a separate note, do you actually know what the Lemon law is and how it works? There are some specific things that must happen for it to take effect. You can't just shout lemon law and get a...
  16. K

Security system

Alarms don't sound if you bump into it. You actually have to try the door handle or something I think. At least the good, non-annoying ones do.
  17. K

Security system

Dark tint, good insurance. Nothing else is 100% protective unless you can invoke a disabling shock through the car's exterior. Even then...
  18. K

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Is the noise loud enough for you guys to capture with smartphone videos? Maybe if we post some up, they can get a better idea of what it's like. It worked for the A-pillar noise.
  19. K

Streaky Windows

What about the newer ones? I normally don't care but I plan on tinting the front windows so it would be good to be able to keep the glass clean before the install.
  20. K

A good number of Explorers in Atlanta

Even though I haven't taken delivery of mine yet, I was still hoping I'd be one of the first. However, tonight when I was out driving in NW Atlanta, I spotted like 5 Explorers out cruising and parked all over the place. In fact, even though I don't drive that often, I seem to spot at least one...
  21. K

Options you miss from your XLT

I thought memory seats work by weight and other factors? I know the Ex. allows up to 2 separate users in their memory settings.
  22. K

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Can anyone with a late build date and late delivery confirm if the issues are fixed at the factory now? (e.g. if yours was built after May 1st, are the parts used in the newer assembly the updated parts) Thanks.
  23. K

DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

Why do you want them? The reason they're not available is cause the tech conflicts with something else on the Ex. IIRC, I think it's the rain sensing auto wipers/auto lights on feature. DRL's have not proven to reduce accidents and I personally never liked them. Glad they're not a part of...
  24. K

Options you miss from your XLT

Hrmm. Coming from a Wrangler, every piece of tech will be an awesome new gadget for me. =)
  25. K

I request for help

2000 lbs should be more than enough for the Jet Ski you want to tow. I believe this is where you can find the aftermarket hitch. http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Ford/Explorer/2011/87720.html?vehicleid=2011304890
Back