Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

core support instalation

no I haven't welded yet I'm about ready to. The problem I am having is trying to get the body mounts on then put the core on so I could hold into place a little better.
  2. N

core support instalation

I have gotten the motivation as well as enough money to get back to work on my 97 xlt sohc explorer. my question is for those who have replaced their core support is how did you get the body mounts on after welding? thanks.
  3. N

power seats

sorry for not posting sooner but the problem persist even with the bar disconnected and the seat is off
  4. N

power seats

tracks are not blocked,and the seats are trying to move.
  5. N

power seats

Will check tomorrow at work right now.
  6. N

power seats

i hope this is the right spot i am having trouble with power seats the move backwards, but will not move forwards. they start to engage but then stop . thanks steve
  7. N

Ford Ranger with a clutch problem.

Found out its my patsbsyatem screwing things up
  8. N

electrical problem

yes just tried it an had 14.4 to 14.38 v eith the head lights on fan door open with radio on and still have good voltage
  9. N

electrical problem

hi I have a 01 ranger 2.5l 4 cyc the problem i am having is that the battery light on the dash is lighting up, i have checked fuses and all that i also with the engine running have checked the voltage and am getting 14.4v so i know its charging. any ideas would greatly be appreciated. thanks steve
  10. N

on a budjet and over my head

as i am working on rebuilding my 97 sohc v6 i have found some interesting problems one such problem is that the metal piece that the lower part of the front fender that conects to the frame, the frame piece that the the bolts conect to is rotted off. the gully where the wires run through on the...
  11. N

harbor frieght welder

thank you
  12. N

harbor frieght welder

I'm looking to do some body welding radiator support rocker panels and some rear quaterpanel repair
  13. N

harbor frieght welder

I'm wondering if the lowest priced mig welder from harbor frieght is worth purchessing? the reason i'm asking is that i am on a very tight budget, and i do mean very tight. basicly it would be a purchess then i would have to wait till next month for more parts. thanks steve
  14. N

opinion needed

will do thanks for the advice every one
  15. N

opinion needed

thanks for the advice and i have the broken piece still
  16. N

opinion needed

it has over 150,000 but the engine runs great. it's a project car,so deoa anybody know where i can get the bracket needed for it new or should i go junk yard?
  17. N

opinion needed

i need some advice from fellow explorer owners, heres the deal i broke one of the bolt holes off the power steering/ ac bracket on my 97 sohc athes well as the radiator support is severly rusted pretty bad. i have a after market replacement part. so the question is should i junk it or repair it...
  18. N

Ford Ranger with a clutch problem.

have 01 ranger with the trans basicaly dead only have first second and reverse. my question is the is there any way to remove the line from the transmission with out the plastic bushing to push in to relaese it. thanks
  19. N

Remove stock 6 disc changer from 98 XLT

i have personaly removed one from my 97 exeplorer and it wasn't to hard
  20. N

Radiator support.

Well I may not be the best speller in. The world momix but guys like you, give this forum a bad rep. As for my mechanic skills I happen to have a degree to work on tanks from the us army, its just the body work, and to the one who suggested that I take it to a body shop love to but its not on...
  21. N

Radiator support.

yes its rust. it's so bad i have pieces falling off whike tring to work on the steerin shaft.
  22. N

Radiator support.

then gentlemen what do you recomend for some one strapped for cash but needing a vehicale? the problem is i can get the part but have no real experiance, and the sapport is realy getting bad
  23. N

Radiator support.

i have a97 xlt 4l v6 sohc 4 door i have checked the forum and found nothing on replacing the saport for the raidator. was wondering if any body has and i am a very novice body person. thanks steve
  24. N

rebuild kit

i have a 01 ford ranger 2.5l engine and a 5 speed manual trany witch happen to be going bad the gears i have are 1,2,3 overdrive and reverse. wes i have fluid in it .what i need to know is where to find a rebuild kit for it. thanks
  25. N

roof repair

thanks
Back