Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

2001 Explorer turn signal / brake light / Battery drain issues

my battery will drain overnight if i dont turn the interior lights off at the dimmer switch, plus if i leave the stereo on even if only in acc mode it will drain the battery in about an hour cant figure it out, only thing i can figure is the aftermarket stereo is to much for battery, shouldnt be...
  2. 0

Original height for 2001 EX

can i get that deal too, is it for 2 and 4 wheel drive
  3. 0

Loose accelerator cable?

here it is i think. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=56393
  4. 0

Loose accelerator cable?

there is a thread on here addressing this particular issue i will see if i can find it and post it up, unless someone else can get it before me
  5. 0

No compass indication

my 2001 does this from time to time, all i have to do is is drive it in a tight circle three to four full revolutions and it reset/recalibrates. im serious not jerking your chain a buddy that works at a dealership told me about it.
  6. 0

cabin filter?

thanks i must not have done the search properly lol. anyway my friend has an 01 sport trac that has a cabin filter kinda odd the other ex models wouldnt have one but stranger things have happened
  7. 0

Need assistance diagnosing rear wiper problem

the rear wiper on my 01 sticks. i usually have to go back to the rear of the vehicle and help get it started. then it works fine. until i open the rear hatch, then the next time i need to use it i need to give it a little help to get started
  8. 0

cabin filter?

this may have already been answered i did a search and couldnt find anything so heres my question. Does my 2001 explorer sport have a cabin filter? if so where is it located. i have asked 10 different people and it seems 50/50 yes and no. thanks in advance for any and all info
  9. 0

Strange noise from front wheel

jack it up and grab the wheel and shake or pull and see if there is any play in the bearing if so it probably the bearing.
  10. 0

4.0 SOHC - when did it become reliable?

we use high quality parts, we partner with alot of the aftermarket parts companies in order to get better pricing, kinda one hand washes the other they sell more parts we get better prices, our engines are rebuilt to factory specs. so they are as good as new. i cant speak for other facilities...
  11. 0

4.0 SOHC - when did it become reliable?

being an employee of jasper engines i can tell you this, the guides are different from stock. i dont really know if its because of the issue being discussed i could find out tho. if you would like for me to
  12. 0

Overheating problems?

have freeze out plugs been replaced lately if so and a plug has been left inside the block it will cause it to overheat.
  13. 0

Making trailer lights my tailights

will the led lights even work without a load equalizer. may want to check into that first before cutting into the factory wiring and finding out they dont work.
  14. 0

A/C Cold Air Only When Accelerating

check that you have the proper amount of refrigerant when they are low on refrigerant they will act that way
  15. 0

2001 wont start in drive but starts in neutral

is it an automatic? if so its not supposed to start in drive. if it does thats a problem. i would say it has something to do with the neutral starter safety switch.
  16. 0

from head gasket to motor rebuild

not sure about ohv motors but sohc motor head gaskets are designated left or right. but theycan be put on the wrong side and seemingly fit fine, except for the holes being covered up that go unnoticed until it is started and oil starved hope this is not the case. btw i work at jasper engines...
  17. 0

Wanted Radio help on 2001 Ranger

if you have an amp there should be a plug for it when i took my factory unit out, the back of the unit had a place marked amp but no plug for it. if you would like i have the old unit you can have, just pay shipping, its cd/cassette/am/fm/ cds get stuck in it occasionally and dont know if...
  18. 0

funny 4x4 sayings

how about these in honor of mothers day? i love my mudder, happy mudders day.lol
  19. 0

funny 4x4 sayings

i saw one on an extremely tall 4 wheel drive that said trying to get to heaven one inch at a time.
  20. 0

2001 stereo replacement questions

not trying to sell just thought maybe someone could use it i only wanted what cost to ship. or for someone to pick up. but thanks i didnt realize only paying members could do that. my apologies to the mods. and thanks for not slamming on me. lol
  21. 0

2001 stereo replacement questions

replaced the factory unit am/fm/cd/cassette with a aftermarket cd player that i could hook my IPOD/MP3 player to. anyone interested in the old factory unit. free just pay shipping or pick up. The cd player works ,cd gets stuck inside occasionally have to keep hitting eject till it clears. not...
  22. 0

Just bought an explorer

these are the specs for you vehicle and it states that the * Maximum towing capacity: 5940 lbs. hope this helps. Tires and Wheels * Steel wheels * 16 x 7 in. wheels * Steel spare wheel * P235/70R S tires * All season tires * Underbody mounted...
  23. 0

Help with shimmy in the rear

fifth shock? where is that located? and how hard/expensive is it to replace. does the 2 door sport have a fifth shock i have never seen it or anyplace where one might have been
  24. 0

Help with shimmy in the rear

i have a 2001 explorer sport 2 wheel drive and i have a shimmy seemingly coming from the rear of the vehicle.it seems most pronounced at around 65 mph.any ideas as to what might cause this? anyone have or had similar issues? is this a common issue if so whats the fix? its not the tires as they...
Back