Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

2012 Ford Explorer Trailer towing

My Kodiak trailer is very similar to yours in size and weight. The towing has been fine with our Ex. We have the WD hitch. Only complaint is that Ford does not offer factory towing mirrors and the stock mirrors are too narrow towing an 8 ft wide trailer! Also, on the road towing, our MPG...
  2. A

Help locating the right Weight Distribution Hitch

I tow our camping trailer with a weight distribution hitch. I would ask your boat dealer for advice on the type you need, or a local commercial trailer dealer.
  3. A

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

I got the Prodigy P2 installed at Camping World. There is a plug for it under the dash on the drivers side. Works great.
  4. A

trailer towing mirrors.

Last I checked, Ford does not offer towing mirrors as an option. There are other options out there at towing/camping websites. Up till now, I have towed with the stock mirrors, but they are just not wide enough for an 8ft wide trailer.
  5. A

tire mobility kit

I have the base model with the towing package, and it came with the kit.
  6. A

Anyone do any towing with your 2011 Explorer yer?

The current issue of Trailer Life (June 2011 issue) has a cover photo and feature article about their their test run on towing with the 2011X ! They gave it a very good rating. Check it out!
  7. A

Anyone tow an Travel Trailer(RV) with a 2011 Exp?

We have a 21ft hybrid trailer weighing 3,500lbs and use a WD hitch. We went on a 400 mile trip last month with no problem, except the stock mirrors are not wide enough and they are not adjustable(trailer is 8' wide). Our last TV was a Jeep Liberty which we lost in the blizzard this winter...
  8. A

Towing capabilities

We had a successful trip last weekend. No problems towing, except for the mirror width, some rain, and a disapointing avg. 12 MPG for the trip (400mi)!
  9. A

Towing capabilities

We have a 3,500 lb. (dry weight) hybrid camping trailer, double axel, with a weight distribution hitch, and an added brake controller. I towed it to our local Camping World last weekend to get the hitch height adjusted. It was the first time towing with this new TV. It was pretty stable...
  10. A

Tow Package

It's mounted on the lower dash in the area to the right of the lever that operates the adjustable steering column.
  11. A

Tow Package

We have the 2011 Explorer base model with 4WD and the towing package. Recently had a Prodigy P2 brake controller installed. There is a socket in the wiring harness under the dash on the drivers side for it to plug right in! No problem!
Back