Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Parting out 97 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD with Gray leather interior

How much for an awd transfer case shipped to 62231?
  2. 9

95 Explorer EB Blower motor quit

Mine quits every so often, I just smack the underside of the glove box and it starts right back up...weird, but works. Almost like crap gets in there and it sticks.
  3. 9

A/C low side service port?

What's with the service port on the 99 explorer, near the battery...it isn't the usual fitting that a recharge hose clips onto. It's threaded. Anyone have any ideas?
  4. 9

noise is driving me crazy! something in suspension

Fixed it!... Sway bar link was bad, bushings looked fine but the bar itself was rusted down where it goes through the bar. Replaced both sides and the two mounting bushings and its silent again! Thanks guys
  5. 9

Well, the expensive suspension parts have all been replaced, I guess it wont hurt to start replacing the others, control arm bushings, sway bar mounts, and links, etc. That pic I posted, is that a joint that can be replaced, boot replaced? I imagine it being open and exposed isn't going to...
  6. 9

I can't say that it's a clunk. the loose feeling i feel/rattle when i hit a bump can be felt through the steering wheel though.
  7. 9

I have checked these, all look solid. Plus I don't see how that would make the noise with the steering, I think theyre related. Did find this though...off the steering shaft under the hood,.
  8. 9

@windsdor- age and mileage doesn't mean it isn't fixable. Worth fixing? That's an opinion, I say no car payment makes it worth it. Sure its got 206k miles and its almost 14 years old. I still love it At everyone else, I checked the sway bar mounts and links, all looks okay. I guess for the...
  9. 9

I've spent hours looking for this noise and cannot find anything responsible. I hear when i hit a bump, when im on a rough road, its a loose sound. Ball joints are new, tie rods are new, shocks are newer, and everything else is tight. I also have a sound/feel when im turning the wheel...
  10. 9

Transfer case issues 5.0/awd 4404

But why would it be completely silent when I take off the front d/s. Aren't the intervals still moving?...
  11. 9

Anybody? I've compiled a list of symptoms... Noise severity varies when turning. No noise when in reverse. No noise when accelerating, or at least I can't hear it, seems to be only when coasting, in gear or in neutral. If I hit the brakes hard to come to a stop, I get a thud, or clunk, also...
  12. 9

I posted a thread several months back about a noise I was hearing, a metallic sound while coasting, replaced the front d/s hoping to fix it, no luck. This last weekend I drained my transfer case with the result of silver fluid with the viscosity of water. I had changed the fluid about 4 months...
  13. 9

My 99 EB

No sweat. Rolled over on Thursday, I'm already up to 200600k. Running perfectly. :D
  14. 9

My 99 EB

Figured I'd update, add a couple pictures! Haven't done much to it in the aftermarket department. Lightbar is about it, did that this weekend. Mostly been maintenance and replacing a couple things, front driveshaft, alternator, radiator, ujoints, changed all fluids in front/rearend and tc...
  15. 9

Riddle me this...coolant issue.

Well I'm almost certain it was the thermostat. It was a motorcraft thermostat, wouldn't doubt if it were original, almost everything on this truck is. My temp gauge actually fluctuates now, where as before it always warmed up to one point and didnt move. System builds pressure and the...
  16. 9

Tell me how screwed I am...

Well, I'm not screwed. A propane torch, vise grips and pb blaster, it came right out. Aside from having to remove half a dozen things to get to it, it went much smoother than I anticipated. On my way to get a bolt, the one I got was too short and a hose and I can put it all back together...
  17. 9

Well I feel a bit better about it. I don't have another day off until Monday, and until that seal breaks, I'm driving it. I sent Blueka a pm, thanks for the advice guys.
  18. 9

Tried changing thermostat... Bottom bolt on housing turned no problem, Top bolt, didn't take 1/8 of a turn and the head snapped off. Needless to say, I didn't change my thermostat. What's the chance the housing is threaded? Or is it just a matter of time before the seal breaks and I have...
  19. 9

That was the only thing I could think, between that and air, hopefully I get it figured out.
  20. 9

I picked up a thermostat today, didn't grab one when I did the radiator, so after I swap that out, I'll try what you said. Thanks for the quick reply.
  21. 9

Just replaced my radiator yesterday... I can drive 40 minutes, have hot heat, park it and coolant in coolant in radiator/and cap is cold. Doesn't overheat, temp is normal. Hoses, are not hot. Hoses don't have as much pressure as I would think they should, but they do have pressure...
  22. 9

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Just hit 196k in my 99 5.0 I love it, runs and drives like it has less than half of that.
  23. 9

Wrecked!

I do thankfully, State Farm. Zero deductible, gave me a rental the morning after the accident.
  24. 9

Wrecked!

Not sure why, but they didn't total it. Got it back Wednesday afternoon. Due to a lack of good quality used parts, they had to buy new. Rear bumper, top pad chrome piece behind wheel Impact absorber behind front bumper Chrome piece around passenger fog light and fog light repaired and painted...
  25. 9

Wrecked!

Dropped it off at the body shop today, I have a feeling it's totalled, especially the reaction from the guy when he asked me mileage (195,6xx) Put me in a 2012 Ford Focus, they can take their time with it.
Back