Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

A4ld

Thanks, I never really thought about that. If I get the chance i'll do that. I'm assuming a hard shift is when you have to step on the pedal to get it to shift?
  2. J

A4ld

could a fluid change and band adjustment help out? My tranny isn't missing any fluid, do you mean internal leak? If so how is internal leak bad?
  3. J

A4ld

Anybody know how much it would cost for the best parts to do a rebuild and where to get?
  4. J

A4ld

i am confused where the valve body is and what it does, please fill me in. Also can i posssibly make my situation worse by tightening the bands and changing the fluid? If I wanted the best parts for this tranny that money could buy what would they be, where do i find them. It seems like all the...
  5. J

A4ld

could i have some luck if i dropped the pan and changed the filter and put mobil 1 in? I also want to tighten the bands, could that help?
  6. J

A4ld

I would like to figure out how to rebuild these myself since i have no money and i blow through these like thier nothing. I was thinking of buying a used one from a junkyard. If I do this how much should it cost to buy the transmission, and then how much to have it installed, I can't do it...
  7. J

A4ld

92' EXPLORER XL, od is out, it will just sit in od and I can rev my engine but not go anywhere. So far the other gears still work. 2x now I have put into 1st to take off and it has not caught and i had to play with the gear selector to get it to find a gear. Happened 1x in reverse as well. I am...
  8. J

HELP I need A4ld overdrive fix

Okay my transmission was great and then when I would get on freeway and floor it, instead of kicking down a gear it would pop out of gear completely, rev up, and then I would have to wait for r's to go down before being able to go again, only happened a handful of times. Then on my way back from...
  9. J

a4ld band adjustment

Okay, I need to tighten the bands on my 92 ex and am wondering if I can do it without tearing the tranny apart. If I can do this under my truck in my garage with no jackstands and a torque wrench how do i do it and what is the correct way, pictures help. Thanks, also socket sizes might help too.
  10. J

Gas mileage

I used to get 300+ mpg on a tank(15MPG), I then started using 92' octane last summer, eventually my mpg went down to 200(10MPG) or less per tank, my cels light came on and I pull a code 341, sometimes leaving a dead stop the car will hesitate so much it nearly dies, i hit the pedal and the rpm's...
Back