Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Low speed shudder when steering - gear oil

Good deal, thanks! And if anyone is wondering, the 85 is significantly helping the leak. Barely does it anymore.
  2. M

Low speed shudder when steering - gear oil

I changed my gear oil (in the rear end) about a month an a half ago with Castrol 85-140, bottle said it was for limited slip diffs so I assume it has friction modifier in it. I did 85-140 because I have the good ol' diff leak as a temporary fix while I'm at school without a garage/lots of tools...
  3. M

P0455 EVAP system

I'll check PCV when I get home tonight. Forgot to mention that I had some electrical shenanigans this weekend, a couple fuses blew and my alternator went out. I'm thinking its maybe something electrical in the EVAP. Any ideas, i.e. maybe an inline fuse?
  4. M

P0455 EVAP system

I have the 0443 code as well, did you figure out what the deal with that was?
  5. M

Possibly getting rid of the EX..

4WD for the win, black never looks bad and you will definitely use that sunroof. Go big or go home. Or go big AND go home... In a nice black 02!!
  6. M

Scangauge II GROUP BUY!!

Ok now that finals are over I am back into having free time. If you call 888-433-5664 and mention the Explorer Forum you can get the group buy discount. All the prices are the same, but if anyone wants the scangauge E it's $89.95. For those of you with PayPal send it to...
  7. M

Scangauge

Yeah the more I read about it the more I'm doubting scan gauge, I thought I was convinced at first but now I'm thinking I should reconsider!
  8. M

Help with mods

that's what i'd do. Curious to see what he says and I want to see 300hp!
  9. M

Help with mods

hmmm now that I don't know. it might not make that much of a difference after a tune, for that kind of thing you might want to talk to James...
  10. M

Help with mods

ohhh yeah with all that you'll definitely want to retune no questions even if it's compatible. for other companies (and a lot of other stuff) BBK makes some really good products, I'd definitely look into them. They're big in the mustang stuff but it's the 4.6 so I'm sure you could make it work...
  11. M

Help with mods

I would suggest it. Anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong/elaborate, but it's my understanding that with the stock MAF but bigger throttle body/Plenum there's still untapped airflow that you can gain by going to a bigger MAF. To answer your question, a bigger maf allows more airflow into...
  12. M

Scangauge II GROUP BUY!!

Just got off the phone with Linear Logic and got a group buy on the Scangauge II set up. The guy (Joey) is e-mailing me the details this afternoon so I'll put up more info in a later post. We can all order separately directly from Linear Logic so no shipping hassle where they all come to one...
  13. M

Off-Road Prep

Ah! Well if you're looking for personal lists, I keep my lawn chair in the back of my Explorer. Along with my golf clubs, fishing poles & tackle box, baseball gloves/bats, emergency roadside kit, hat, extra pair o' shoes, and my socket set. You know, the usual. Oh wait, I keep all that sh** back...
  14. M

Scangauge

Good question haha I can try to figure that out though, I'll try calling Linear Logic tomorrow (I've got a final tonight and they're probably already closed). I'm assuming the more the merrier, and by merrier I mean better discount! :thumbsup:
  15. M

Scangauge

^^oh how lovely... If anyone else wants in maybe we can try for a group buy? I'm for sure going with Scangauge, seems to be well worth the extra $$.
  16. M

Scangauge

Now the question is.... Where do you mount your scangauge?
  17. M

Scangauge

^^ I'm sold:chug:
  18. M

Scangauge

It reads a bunch of info from the car's computer, such as real time mpg, temperatures, engine behavior, and i think it reads engine codes. I'd mainly use it for mpg and tranny temp for towing this summer. It doesn't let you reprogram anything but it allows you to keep a very close eye on pretty...
  19. M

Scangauge

Anybody got a Scangauge II they're looking to unload/know where I might find one for cheaper than $160?
  20. M

the return

Motor swap from an 03-04 Mustang Cobra! It's a 4.6 :D You could also get the bottom end of a 96-98 cobra with the Teksid block and forged bottom end. With ported and polished heads and exhaust, you will be by quick. Not sure about 400 to the wheels NA but pretty fun. If you want to keep...
  21. M

EGR delete

Has anyone on here done an EGR delete? I've got time and money heading my way this summer and hate EGRs. I have the 4.0 but 4.6 guys feel free to respond
  22. M

the return

Limited, what are you having done to your rear diff? Excuse the slight thread jack
  23. M

2002 Limited Updated Pics

Ahhh I just saw 2-25, sometimes i forget it's 2012 not 2011. I blame school lol
  24. M

2002 Limited Updated Pics

Good to see a fellow Overland Parker! Very impressive work on your vehicle, it looks awesome! Don't know why it took so long to stumble across this thread! What part of town are you in if you don't mind my asking?
  25. M

millage per tank fill up

My best is 434, I usually get between 370 and 415 if I let it go until my gas light comes on. On an around town tank no highway I'll get like 315. I've got the 4.0
Back