Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2000 Eddie Bauer front bumper cover assembly

Someone has to know what bolts or fasteners are needed to attach the front bumper out cover to the inner bumper. Please!!!!
  2. B

Can I get some help with how the front bumper cover attaches to the bumper. I have the cover. I just dont have the screws/bolts/ fasteners. Thanks!
  3. B

Driver and Passenger Power Door switches not unlocking

I've had this issue with my 2000 EB since it hit 75k miles. Always the drivers door. It will lock but not unlock. I've replaced the door lock actuator 4 times and they work for a while but then die and go back to locking but not unlocking. They are pretty inexpensive on Rock Auto. It wouldn't...
  4. B

Last winter I hit some nasty black ice on this wicked off camber turn in a hwy up by Mt Lassen, California. I slid into a 6' snow bank. I got everything fixed by a guy who used to work at a body shop. Everything was done well except for the front bumper, which was dented by a street sign and the...
  5. B

2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0 bypass hose PROBLEM.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions. All are duly noted. Very hard for me to comprehend how so much rust could build up within less than a year. I did a coolant flush, trasmission fluid change, oil change and new battery before she used it. The coolant was perfect then and she has only put...
  6. B

Can someone chime in about the metal flanges the come off the water pump and thermostat housing? Can you buy these seperately or must u buy a new pump and housing? My Exploder was involved in a accident where a 17 year old girl had slowly nudged out onto a busy street from a parking lot. The...
  7. B

Did I try cleaning what? Cant clean something that isnt there. The posts are gone. They rusted out. Only a pitted shell of one is left and its far from useable. The top and bottom hose are pretty new as I had the radiator replaced when a 16 year old girl panicked while nudging out of a...
  8. B

Hey folks! 1st time in a section of the site other than Audio & Navigation and its been years since I have posted there. A few weeks ago we had some serious high winds. Sustained winds of 45mph with no rain or other weather event. From my brothers house to mine its 8 miles due north. I had...
  9. B

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock except for K&N filter and 2000 real RMS watt sound system. 177,879 miles. Has never stranded me. Its been in 4 accidents, none my fault, and it still looks great. Today the thermostat bypass hose blew and I am looking on this site for info.
  10. B

Taylorpro's 1999 Ford Explorer Build -Sundownn, Singer Alts, Audio Technix

What crossover are you using for the mids and tweets?
  11. B

12 inch "Stealth" sub build

How far does it stick out sideways? I want to do something like this as the 10" Elemental Designs sub I have in a stealth Q-Logic enclosure sounds great (whole system was for SQ) but I want more low end. I just cant give up to much space as I play a lot of golf and other outdoor stuff so space...
  12. B

My Stealth-ish Amp and Sub Install (2000 XLT)

Could you explain more about what you have going on in the subs enclosure. I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer and I got a Q-Logic stealth box for a 10" sub. This was 5 years ago. I spent 2 weeks looking for a good sub that would handle 500+ watts yet work in the .65CF space and that wasn't deeper that...
  13. B

My 2nd Gen iPad Install (LOTS OF PICS)

Ya Brian, there are a lot of cheap solutions out there that report in a snapshot way rather than giving you a constant stream. Most of the Bluetooth versions don't/cant work because of the way Apple locks down Bluetooth in its hardware. Jailbreaking can get around it but 3rd party scanner...
  14. B

My 2nd Gen iPad Install (LOTS OF PICS)

Have you thought about adding a Wi/Fi or Bluetooth OBD-II connector that plugs into your Explorer's OBD-II and with the right app will give you all the engine performance and trip computer data you could ask for? DashCommand makes a great setup but is pricey. There are many on the market. I...
  15. B

Moved my AC controls!!

I would love to do something like that but I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer with the oversized trip computer. Would love to yank that space hog outta there and possibly use a blutooth OBD-II setup to send all the engine data to a Android Tablet or maybe the new Samsung 5.3" Galaxy Note. That trip...
  16. B

Please show me some high end, creative sub solutions

Thought I would throw this up for a little action to see if anyone has come up with some cleaver space saving sub designs. The Q-Logic 10" sub deal I have is just not getting it done for me. I am changing decks (Alpine 9887 with all the goodies), speakers (Cadence Neo's) and maybe amps if I...
  17. B

Very nice work. Where are the amps and any other gear you have hidden. That is the key for me as you can see my amps are on the floor and I need that space back. 100% of it unless I can come up with $1k for some Arc Minis. This is very similar to the example photo I provided except its a...
  18. B

Down firing, which I use in my HT (10" IDMAX, ported w/450 watts) is not an option here. BlackSport is on the right track in terms of retaining floor space. Thanks for the suggestion as I too strongly believe in downfiring, especially with a strong floor.
  19. B

I just bought a bunch of Alpine gear from a shop that was closing and have a very good start on updating my 2000 Eddie. I am looking for creative and space saving solutions to subwoofer enclosures and amp racks. I have a Q-Logic factory fit box now but it only holds a 10" sub and isn't deep...
  20. B

Thoughts about my system!

Before you get started establish a few things. Make some notes on paper or here. 1) Budget (Now, near future and long term) 2) Type of music you listen too. 3) Are you an Sound Quality guy or a SPL (loud bass) type? 4) Ipod or other MP3 player integration? USB port? 5) Space conscious? Do...
  21. B

Recommendations on new subwoofers

Let us know on how they redesigned CompVR's sound. Would love to have a 15" or 2 12's and I plan on doing so. Just picked up an Alpine MRP-M1000 (600x1@4ohm,1000x1@2ohm) and I plan to try a A/B system where my Elemental Designs E10O SQ sub stuffed into a q-logic stealth box in factory location...
  22. B

Recommendations on new subwoofers

Take a good look at Image and Arc Audio subs. The IDQ is a very formidable SQL sub. The Arc version I believe is still very close to the IDQ. Someone correct me if I am out of date on that. http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/products.php?Family_Id=3 Another option is Elemental Designs. They...
  23. B

Amp Rack and Sub Box

!
  24. B

A series of failures I NEED HELP!!!

Just wanted to update all folks on this thread. Thanks to some sage advice I got the seat back recliner bolt and the cruise control issue both fixed under recall. The process was typical dealer scuttlebutt but after having my X for two whole days they got the two simple issues fixed. Joe Dirt...
  25. B

A series of failures I NEED HELP!!!

Kriegen & scucci for the heads up on the recall. I believe I have another recall that has to do with the "SPEED CONTROL SYSTEM MODIFICATION". My X goes in the shop on Sat 1/2. Of course, no charge. I have a couple minor issues I might ask them about. Simple fixes that would take about 15 minutes...
Back