Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

need help with leaf spring bushings

Hi all, I recently picked up a pretty nice set of leaf springs from the pick n pull to replace my old and sagging set on my Trac. I have a question for anyone who has replaced the leaf spring bushings on their springs. I pulled these leafs from an 03 trac, exactly like mine. When I ordered the...
  2. L

she lives!

Hi all, I used to be a contributor to this forum a long time ago, but life happened, I had to take care of two sick parents who passed, a marriage, the birth of my son, and a career change has kept me from posting like I used to. Well since the pandemic has me stuck working from home, I figured...
  3. L

air bag light on, 1-2 blink sequence

hi all, my air bag light recently came on, and the blimk sequence it throws is 1, pause, 2, then stays on.i have not been able to find anything on a 1-2 blink sequence. i checked the fuse, and the harness at the base of the seatbelt and everything checks out. anyone see this before? any help...
  4. L

old and new

hi all, im a long time member, but i havent been posting much due to life getting in the way, but im the owner of a 2003 sport trac that i love and have been providing walk throughs and threads documenting its build as well as learning so much more from this forum and all of its great members...
  5. L

anyone have thoughts or experience with air lift "ride control" air springs?

Hi all, after a few years of pulling my boat around, i have noticed that my rear leaf springs have begun to sag just a bit. currently, i have warrior #153 shackles on my springs giving them a few extra inches of height. my plan is to change out my leaf springs with a set of springs from a...
  6. L

sprucing up the Trac!

it's been pretty hard to find free time at home to do minor work on my trac, so this week, i drove it to work (i usually take the train) and left it at my shop for the week and every lunch, ive been chipping away at some of the stuff i wanted to get done. so far, ive done the routine oil...
  7. L

Sprucing up my leaf springs

After 5 years of running warrior shackles on my leaf springs and pulling a boat around, my leafs are finally starting to show a little sag. i wanted to put a little life back into them by installing a set of add-a-leafs to them. my question is to anyone who has run shackles and then gone to...
  8. L

built ford tough!

I lent my trac to my sister this week so she could pick up some lumber for a deck she's building and while she was peeking out to make a left turn, a Prius came whizzing by and my trac took some damage. Not much, most of it will buff out, and I will need to repaint my bumper black (I needed to...
  9. L

flaky relay problem

Hi all, i recently ran into a fuel pump issue and wanted some opinions. for the past few weeks, there would be some days that i would jump into my truck, turn the key, and get no turnover. then i would come back a few hours later and it would fire up no problem. i then noticed that every time my...
  10. L

after a long layoff, im finally back

hi all, ive been a long time member of this forum but after a very tumultuous last year and a half, im glad to be back on and doing the things i love to do, one of which is taking my sport trac around the trails of california. i hope some of my old forum buddies are still on this site...
  11. L

looking for some links to help solve a problem

hey fellas, over the weekend i was doing some routine maintenance and noticed that i have a small leak where the driveshaft meets the transmission. its not enough to leak to the ground, but id like to get it resolved before this summer. does anyone know of any links on the forum that go into...
  12. L

is there a leaf stuck in my hvac fan!?

hey fellas, the other day i turned on my heater and heard a whirring as if there was a baseball card getting slapped by the fan. so every time i flip on my fan, i hear this whirring, slapping noise. could this somehow be a pine needle or leaf that got sucked into the fan? where should i start to...
  13. L

anyone have this problem in their 87-96 f150!?

hey all, my buddy just purchased a super clean 1995 f150 4wd with the 5.0. the body is straight, interior is super clean and it rides pretty nice for such an old truck, but it has one problem: if you drive it on the freeway for more than an hour or so, the CEL will turn on and off. it will...
  14. L

i want to get add a leafs finally, should i remove my warrior shackles?

i want to slap some add a leafs to my trac, but im not sure if i need to remove my warrior shackles to do it. the reason i ask is im not sure if i remember where my stock shackles are. also, if i keep my warrior shackles on and put the add a leafs in, is that safe? will that just increase my...
  15. L

this is a new one! cant grt my damn hood open!

Hey all, I went to check my fluids this afternoon, pulled the hood latch, heard no "pop" and now the hood wont open. Its weird, there is a little play in the hood, but not enough to lift it enough to push the tongue and get the latch free. Everytime I pull the hood lever the cable travels freely...
  16. L

to flush or not to flush?

hey fellas, havent been able to contribute much to the EF this summer because work has been killing me. havent gone camping one time this summer, what a travesty! but im finally on a week and a half vacation just getting stuff done around the house and im finally going to do my 100k tune up...
  17. L

time to change brake pads - any recommendations?

well its time for me to change the pads on my sport trac, just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations, info, opinions. thanks fellas.
  18. L

need help finishing the wiring of my aux lights

so ive got two pro comp 6 x 9" lights on custom brackets in front of my oof basket, finished the sport trac bezel/switch mod, and have everything wired up. problem is, no lights! this is how im set up: i have two pro comp lights on the roof. the ground is running properly to the frame...
  19. L

need suggestions on how to wire my trac for aux lights

hey fellas, for any of you who have run aux lights on the roof of your trac, i wanted to get suggestions on how to run the wires from the lights to the battery. im going to mount a pair of 6x9 lights right in fron of the wind screen on my cargo basket. my initial thought was going through the...
  20. L

ready to install my aux lights/radio bezel, what else do i need?

hi all, i got a pair of pro comp 6x9 lights that i plan on installing in front of my cargo basket's wind screen. i designed a set of brackets that will bolt to my crossbar and hold each light right in front of my wind screen. being that i have a sport trac, i was able to go to the local pick...
  21. L

approaching 100k miles, looking for opinions on my tune up

Hey all, I'm just a couple hundred miles away from hitting 100k miles on my 03 trac. Its just about due for an oil change, and I recently replaced the fuel filter. The belts are still looking brand new, and I changed the diff oil last summer. Any thoughts on my 100k tune up? I know ill be doing...
  22. L

need help looking for an old thread, i once read about borg 1354

hey fellas, im doing some homework for this 4WD conversion im planning in the fall, and im looking at doing the borg 1354 manual t case as an option since im working with a blank slate when it comes to t cases. i remember coming across a how to a while back where a member documented installing...
  23. L

hey fellas, ive been bestowed a great honor! need votes!

Hey fellas, I just found out that I've been nominated for the monthly member contest! Made my day, now I'm hoping my ST brethren can shoot me some votes. Here's the link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379278
  24. L

officially looking into a 4WD conversion!

Hey fellas, although it would be a lot less work if I sold my rig and bought a 4WD sport trac, I've decided that I am formally going to set a long term goal of attempting a 4WD conversion within the next year or two. Before you crack me for being a cook, let me explain my reasons: First off...
  25. L

HELP! trac wont start! is it the starter, alternator, or anti-theft

hi fellas, so i was on my way back to my car which was parked at the train station, and it wouldnt start. i think it might be either the alternator, starter, or the anti-theft system. here are the symptoms: battery reads 10.47 V full power to everything in the car, but after i disconnected...
Back