Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Solved SOHC V6 Timing Chain Related PNs

Thanks Dale!
  2. B

Solved SOHC V6 Timing Chain Related PNs

I looked on tousley for the lower right tensioner. The part number you listed pulls up if I look just for that part#. If I look under my vehicle (98 explorer) no number comes up. Do you know if the number you list will work for my year?
  3. B

Front end clunking??? Help

Yeah unfortunately I do not own either one of those but I wish I did.
  4. B

Yep sure enough it was the sway bar link that I saw was cracked. NO more clanking. The old links were really rusted and very difficult to remove. Spent more time removing the links than doing the whole job.
  5. B

Thanks for the feed back. Going to do the sway bar bushings for the front and back today.
  6. B

1998 Explorer Eddie Bauer I have this slight clunking noise when going over small bumps in the road.:thumbdwn: I thought it was the caliper but I checked that out today and found all the bolts to be super tight. I noticed the sway bar link was cracked at the bottom where it attaches to the...
  7. B

Looking for suspension advice

your sag is probably because you have a blown air shock. The leaf springs are softer on the models that came with the arc system. You will probably need the shocks with springs over them to compensate for the softer springs in the back especially if your going to load it up with camping gear. I...
  8. B

CAT 5 connector in center console???

There is a cat 5 connection in the center console. Does anyone know what that is for? :)
  9. B

1998 Explorer Sport. Where is my keyless entry code located?

You have to get a flash light and look on the side of the computer module. It is printed on a stick that is tapped to the side of the CM.
  10. B

Air Ride Control help

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Please forgive me if I have broken any forum rules.... I just recently bought a 98 explorer, Bauer edition. I put new air shocks back on and they work great except I am still getting the check air message on the message center. This is the instructions...
Back