Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

dark side color

I want a color that looks nice and not everyone else has. Just trying to be different
  2. C

dark side color

Does anyone have the Dark Side paint how does it look on the explorer. In the sun is it a nice color?
  3. C

2014 Limited

What is the going price for 2014 ltd 4wd 300a spec pkgs going for ? Before taxes and other fees
  4. C

speedometer rubbing against plastic

Yes they removed the sweep at startup on the later models
  5. C

Winter complaints

Put the second row vents blowing on the windows it should fix that
  6. C

stereo xlt

Thanks I really like the sony system over the other ones
  7. C

stereo xlt

What is the wattage in the xlt premium system with 9 speakers?
  8. C

Thinking about buying 2014

Thanks! I thought they said the shimmy was fixed with the new ptu that couldn't be retrofitted on the 11's . I'll have to do more research this time before I buy! I thought they found a resolution to the odor also ?
  9. C

Thinking about buying 2014

Hi everyone, I am thinking about getting back into a new explorer either a loaded xlt or 301 limited like I had before. How are the later models reliability ? I miss driving the explorer fun vehicle to drive ! I wish you can get the sony system in the xlt and remote start. I had the ltd 4wd...
  10. C

"Air" noise coming from the rear of the cabin

The rear Climate is housed in the tire well area between 2nd and 3rd row
  11. C

Cracked D Pillar

No I never had it fixed . I traded it in on my Tundra.
  12. C

Dash & Door material

Maybe that's the reason on the rear doors since it doubles as cargo room when the seats are down?
  13. C

Shake or shimmy in front end.

The ex I used to have did the same thing with all traction aids turned off no difference .they told that they would monitor it for any changes. Traded it in I was tired of all the issues of this vehicle .
  14. C

Thanks!!

Most of my driving time has been in a pickup truck . This is my fourth pickup truck.
  15. C

Thanks!!

34k not too happy about that but I am out of it and still ahead! Lots of 2011 + explorers on used lots . Some actually have more used ones than new when I bought mine new!
  16. C

Thanks!!

A crew max 4x4 tundra .
  17. C

Thanks!!

I traded the EX in tonight too many issues for me to keep it! Thanks to everyone one on here for help and comments!
  18. C

Losing oil and smell

What type of oil or fluid is that ? Is yours FWD or 4WD ? If it's a 4WD your PTU is leaking at the seal.
  19. C

Cracked D Pillar

Did it take long to r&r the parts were they able to reuse your original window?
  20. C

Cracked D Pillar

My rear drivers side D pillar has a small crack in it . Has anyone else experienced this on their explorer? The rear window does it have to be removed for it to be replaced?
  21. C

Vibration and noise

Anyone with the vibration at take off from 0-25mph have you had this fixed ? Also I notice a slight rattle sound it sounds like a heat shield rattle sound that happens almost every time with a more aggressive takeoff . Anyone?
  22. C

Question for Those Who Had Dealer Install Upgrade

i just had mine done today at the dealer . the entire process took just over an hour from his computer getting updates from ford. so far much better hated the old screen
  23. C

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Best one out there! I had the premium care on my f-350 that was lifted and never had an issue with the ford ESP. I used the ESP many times from head gaskets front end tear down ball joints to wheel bearings. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time get it. Mine paid for itself many times!
  24. C

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

My dealer gave me a data recorder with a trigger so when the light comes on push the button to record the data then take the vehicle in.
  25. C

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

Thanks is that the prodigy model? In the way of your knees hitting getting in or out.
Back